IGNORED

I wore long pants today in 95 degree heat

Comeback
Note: This thread is 5045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I won't ever wear pants in the heat and humidity of KC.
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't ever wear pants in the heat and humidity of KC.

LOL... I have an uncle/aunt who live in the KC area (one of the suburbs).... I've been down there once (to a driving range, didn't actually get a chance to play)... all I remember about it was hot darn stinking humid it was.

I prefer shorts to pants as well. I'll wear pants when I need to, but if I have the option, I prefer shorts.

G5 Driver (10.5*)
T40 Tour 3 Wood (15*)
G10 Hybrid (18*)
MX-200
588 Tour Action SW (56*) 2 Ball SRT

Sorry, golf must be played in shorts, unless you play on TV.

I would love to see you on a course in the UK November-February in shorts mate

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I know some of the pants have great whicking abilities and do a good job of keeping a person cool, BUT how can anyone claim that wearing pants is cooler than wearing shorts?

I would think having half of your legs exposed and NOTHING over them HAS to be cooler than having anything over them.

Common sense tells me that.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

This is a pathetic statement. A guido can be anyone and I AM of Italian descent and cannot control how others behave. There is no connection to being Italian and being a guido. They are just morons in NJ participating in a ridiculous style that they made up. If you feel offense to this, you must feel some sort of connection to them. I do not endorse guido behavior any more than I endorse mafioso activity.

The term you use has been around longer than you may think. It doesn't just refer to those that you mention.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guido_(slang )

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

I know some of the pants have great whicking abilities and do a good job of keeping a person cool, BUT how can anyone claim that wearing pants is cooler than wearing shorts?

Why don't you try it yourself? Some reasons have already been listed, not exposing the skin to direct sunlight is one of them. With white pants, they don't get very hot at all. Since the material is breathing, there is some circulation in there too. I guess you can compare it to sitting in the shadow on a hot day, as compared to sitting out in direct sunlight.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

long clothing in desert environments makes sense because there is very little humidity that block sun rays and also that low humidity makes clothing feel less "sticky".

I would say there is not much difference between shorts and pants in most weather in North America. Shorts would probably be the better choice because of the less restrictive movement and the greater ability for air circulation.

On hot, humid days it doesn't matter what kind of fabric you're wearing..the wicking process is very much inefficient because there is already so much moisture in the air. IN that case, I'd rather have as little clothing on as possible.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Well depends, if its dry out i will wear pants, but if its humid i will wear shorts.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

NOPE you would think that but there is a reason why the Bedouin and other people in hot climates always wear long loose clothing that covers their whole body. I just played another 95 degree round with pants and i am a total convert now.

Irons X-22 Tour irons 3-PW
Driver Superfast TP
Fairway Wood Burner 3W
wedge 50 degree
wedge GS-15 56 DegreeWedge 62 degreePutter ZebraBall TP LDP Red B330 tour

I wear long pants the whole time.
Mainly because it doesn't get hot enough for shorts in Ireland!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

The term you use has been around longer than you may think. It doesn't just refer to those that you mention.

I had forgotten about that one because of the different pronunciation and was referring to the overly tan collar popped embarrassments in Long Beach. I think it is a stretch to be upset about it but if I offended you, I apologize.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator
I wear pants all the time. They still breathe, they keep your legs in the shade (cooler), and they keep the sun off too (sunburn).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Only time I wear pants is when it's too cold for shorts. Certainly not the case right now.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I wore pants all last high school golf season. I stopped doing that this year, they just got too hot. Especailly since I don't have any nice ClimaCool or DriFit ones. Just normal cotton.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think if your gonna wear shorts then go ahead and wear a t shirt too. Name one other place you will see someone in a dress shirt and shorts lol AND with what basically amounts to dress shoes if you wear classics etc. You look like an english schoolboy

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

I think if your gonna wear shorts then go ahead and wear a t shirt too. Name one other place you will see someone in a dress shirt and shorts lol AND with what basically amounts to dress shoes if you wear classics etc. You look like an english schoolboy

What?!? It's golf, it's hot out, people wear shorts all the time. Who cares about one other place, that other place is not a golf course, outside, with the sun beating down.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

A. There are athletic dress shirts.

B. My Nike cleats are guarnteed to look cooler then your day shoes. C. Everyone wears them.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Sorry, but this is a ridiculous statement. There are a lot more golfers wearing shorts in the summer than there are wearing slacks. And I don't wear "dress" shirts, I wear golf polos on the course, which look just fine with either shorts or slacks. And I don't wear "classics" I wear either Footjoy Contours or Footjoy golf sandals, both of which work fine with shorts. Dude, you need to get out and see the world.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 5045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!