IGNORED

Official Big Break Dominican Republic thread

The Recreational Golfer
Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

wow was i wrong
football and Lori out first!! hahha!

happy to see Blair win, she deserved it w zero strikes in the game
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I was disappointed with the format of the final. If I could change it, I would have made each match be over three holes, not one.

In the end though, it was a solid season. I love when they cry tears of joy. Always great to see.

By the way, anyone else find it hilarious that A-God knocked S&T; and then proceeded to chunk his 2-iron a few segments later?

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A-Rod's a softie!! Who knew? That was some major emotion right there. And well edited. Sara, Blair, Christina back to back to back birdies? Strong.

Next season will probably be filled with a bunch of tossers!

I thought it was a stupid ending. to win a golf show at some point you really should play at least 6 or 9 holes. just MO

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I finally figured out who Brian Skatell reminds me of. For all you poker fans Skatell is a lesser version of none other than Phil Hellmuth. Both have an overdeveloped sense of their own talent. Yes PH has won more bracelets than anyone else, but his game is very out of date, and he gets eaten alive by the younger internet types.

Skatell's comments like, "I pured it, 20 feet past the hole" are very much like,

"Honey, he called me with queen ten off, these northern European idiots!!!"

Seperated at birth

G10 Draw 13.5* 44 " Driver
K15 7 Wood
G10 28* 5 Hybrid
G10 orange dot 6I -PW
Tour W 56* SW 1/2 Craz-e i series putter 4 Under Stand Bag

Leave it up to Blake to have to make another crucial putt.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Well I was disappointed with the finals. A single hole playoff just isn't final worthy, particularly if one of them is a par 3. Putt offs might be OK if it is was the most "makes" out of 10 putts from various distances, but not the way they did it. But having said that it was overall one of the most interesting of the BB I have watched (liked the one with Europe and USA teams also). I am pleased Blair won as we are Alumni of the same University and it was good to see a Sun Devil win. I was also pleased that A-Rod got recognized as he was (arguably) the best golfer of the bunch. So I guess overall Golf Channel did what it intended and entertained the audience IMO even if I think the final was lame (a word use I learned from my Grand Daughter).

Butch

By the way, anyone else find it hilarious that A-God knocked S&T; and then proceeded to chunk his 2-iron a few segments later?

i caught that too..."she did some sort of stack and tilt move and hit it close"....hahahhaah!!!!! obviously it worked, regardless of how many times she stepped away from the ball

i dont know much about SnT but thought it was funny for sure!
Next season will probably be filled with a bunch of tossers!

i hate that you know something that we dont.....your on the show arent you............

I thought it was a stupid ending. to win a golf show at some point you really should play at least 6 or 9 holes. just MO

at first i thought it was dumb, but let's be honest

the game is won on the greens and no where else everyone always says "what seperates a + and a scratch, or a 2 from a scratch"......the common answer is PUTTING i thought it was a great way to go into sudden death they had their chance to win the hole, tie it up and you better have your putt on
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I love Brian's comment about how he's built a golf swing that will make him a professional golfer, and how many people do we know that can say that. LOL

I have obviously never played golf with Mr. Skatell, but if his "talents" are anywhere near what has been shown in 2 different seasons of Big Break, I seriously know at least 5-10 guys personally who are better than him...by a ways. Honestly he looks no better than a 4-5 handicap.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Who knew A-Rod was such an emotional guy on both ends of the spectrum? Pretty touching moment, even if A-Rod wasn't exactly the most likable character. His game is pretty rock-solid, though.

I actually think Sara Brown is the most consistent player I've seen on the show so far (seen 2 seasons of it now). Everyone knows she's consistent, and she has confidence in herself to get it done. Easily would take her for my team any day. "She throws darts, and everyone knows that" I believe was the quote.

Glad to see Blair had the ability to match the looks. She won the MVP point battle by a landslide, even if she wasn't really at the forefront as far as I remember. The way the show was edited made it seem like it was the Sara/Lori show, but Sara was a good 20 points back or something like that.

Either way, great show, even with it's faults.

• Administrator
The Putt off is a joke, I really hope that somehow the producers see this thread, they could learn A LOT.

The putt off and the fact that there was one hole - often a par three - shows what a joke the show is.

They should have had a three-hole playoff: a par three, par four, and par five. Leave the cameras on those holes so you don't spend time traipsing around the whole course and you'll be able to show plenty of golf and get the filming done in one day. I know that's a concern for them. But one hole - often a par three - and a putt-off? C'mon, that's not how you decide things.

I doubt he knows what S&T; actually is. Like many, he probably thinks it's a reverse pivot where you literally lean towards the target on the backswing or something. Either way, it worked for Christina... whatever she did.

BTW, Blair is about the only person that could possibly compete on the LPGA Tour in a single event. Sara would be second, but Lori? Sorry, but her 205-yard drives simply wouldn't cut it. Not even close. Lori probably wouldn't have broken 80. Sara's not a long hitter either, but she's at least close to the average on the LPGA Tour. P.S. Skatell... I agree with the majority, and will leave it at that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The form, the balance, the takeaway, it was effortless power. Everything was gorgeous! \.)

finally got back around to watching a couple of the old episodes. My co-worker and I both agreed today that Brian needs to be part of the cast from here on out on future Big Breaks. His mental breakdowns are classic. That is the only "effortless" thing in his bag, lol

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Thanks to all you who commented in this thread...you made the show much more enjoyable

For the future, maybe the producers will have people call in and vote to settle ties!

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

I doubt he knows what S&T; actually is.

True. It shocks me when these struggling fringe pros have no idea what it is. I would think that they'd be willing to learn new ideas that could possibly help them get on the Tour. I guess not.

Constantine

True. It shocks me when these struggling fringe pros have no idea what it is. I would think that they'd be willing to learn new ideas that could possibly help them get on the Tour. I guess not.

I suspect a lot of people fear having to "relearn" everything they "know" about the golf swing, and would rather stay away from anything they view as potentially disruptive to their game.

Not that I think it's a rational fear to have, just that I could understand where someone was coming from with that line of thought.

Note: This thread is 2774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!