IGNORED

Best Fast Food

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And I haven't heard anyone say Zaxby's? I don't know if that's a Florida thing or not. I have never been myself but my brother says it's the best fast food ever. Anyone been there? I'm quite tempted now...

A couple of us had Zaxby's on our list. They have them in Georgia around Atlanta. I had one near my place when I lived there and tried hard not to eat there more than once a week. I loved their chicken fingers. There is a place in New Orleans called Raising Cane that specializes in only chicken fingers and Zaxby's is much better. Their other food is good too.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In my area, I would say these are mine:

Sonic
Taco Bell
Chik-Fil-A

I don't eat fast food that much. I don't see the Zaxby's thing. Their sauce sucks and the rest is just average...nothing special about them. My wife loves it.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Seven pages and only two mentions of Jack in the Box?! You're all rookies! Breakfast Jacks, Stuffed Jalapenos, 2 tacos for $.99, Sourdough Jack, Jumbo Jack, Oreo Cookie Shakes, the list goes on. Not to mention breakfast all day. Come on people!

Not a single mention of Del Taco either?! Hands down 1000times better than Taco Bell.

There's a Five Guys opening in Palm Desert. The last two times I was down there it was still under construction, which was just last week. Seeing all you guys up about it I'm dying to give it a try. That being said, I do have In-N-Outs all over the place and Tommys too.

Local to The Valley and Hollywood we have California Chicken Cafe. As a matter of fact, I'm going right now! Chicken Cesar Wrap and Broccoli Pasta Salad here I come!!!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Seven pages and only two mentions of Jack in the Box?! You're all rookies! Breakfast Jacks, Stuffed Jalapenos, 2 tacos for $.99, Sourdough Jack, Jumbo Jack, Oreo Cookie Shakes, the list goes on. Not to mention breakfast all day. Come on people!

Ben, you are a young fellow, and as such are gifted with an indestuctible digestive tract and a sense of immortality. Put some years (and pounds) under your belt, and you'll be re-thinking the JITB song of praise. For now, enjoy.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Not a single mention of Del Taco either?! Hands down 1000times better than Taco Bell.

I'm a Del Taco fan, but it didn't make my list as one of my favorites. Growing up in Georgia we had one in our home town and then it closed and a Taco Bell opened in its place. It was years before I finally got to eat at one again. It was different, but I do like Del Taco better myself. Now I have one less than a mile from my house! I have to restrain myself though and only eat there about once a month. Stuff sticks to my ribs a little too easy with age!

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

I've had JITB on my trips down to Dallas and it was great but don't think its in the league of In n Out or Shake Shack.

« Keith »

I haven't voted on a favorite yet, but as I said earlier In-N-Out has the best burgers, McDonald's the best fries. But if I had to pick

only one fast food location it would undeniably be Jack in the Box , or JIB as I like to call it. Best combination of quality and variety.

I still won't go near a JITB even though its been awhile since 4 kids died from that e coli incident in the 90s. 600 kids got sick as well.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I still won't go near a JITB even though its been awhile since 4 kids died from that e coli incident in the 90s. 600 kids got sick.

Yeah, that sucks. What sucks even more is that the system is set up so that it could have just as easily have been McDonalds, or Wendys, or some supermarket chain. Something like 80%+ of the country's beef comes from 5 slaughterhouses.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I know it's used a lot but Five Guys is a great fast food place. Great food. And I haven't heard anyone say Zaxby's? I don't know if that's a Florida thing or not. I have never been myself but my brother says it's the best fast food ever. Anyone been there? I'm quite tempted now...

Guthrie's is better. I know there's one on Bearss Avenue in Tampa, but not sure of any other locations in Florida.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

I still won't go near a JITB even though its been awhile since 4 kids died from that e coli incident in the 90s. 600 kids got sick as well.

Yeah, that was the first I'd ever heard of them (not found in the midwest, or at least weren't when I was growing up) so I can't shake the association. I'm not paranoid---I'll go there occasionally---but I can't put them in a top N list. I think their burgers are just ok...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

There's the JIB fans! That's what I'm talkin' about!

I hear you Fat Slice. I keep my JIB visit down to Breakfast Jacks now-a-days or the occasional Southwest Chicken Salad. But, I literally grew up on the place. My Dad owned a toystore when I was a kid and in the same plaza was a JIB. Friday, Saturday and Sunday meals were always JIB. And I still love the place.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

The OP mentioned Shake Shack - I don't think most people outside of NY or Miami have heard of SS or Danny Meyer.

While the food at NYC's Union Square Cafe and Grammercy Tavern (his original restaurants and far from a cheap meal) is pretty good, there is no hamburger in this world or universe worth waiting 45 minutes for although plenty of people do line up and wait that long or longer. The first time I went to SS I waited 15 minutes, that's my limit.

It's one thing for an excuse to talk to friends or get out of the office, but if the sole purpose is to get a burger, I'd go somewhere else.

I'm a 5 minute walk from a Manhattan SS and I'll only go if there if the line is 5 minutes or less.

The best fast food to me is pizza - you can get an order faster than burger and fries most of the time.

Don't get me started on which is the best pizza. That's a religious war. NYC has a SS like pizza place where people wait 30-45 minutes and a slice is $5+.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

The OP mentioned Shake Shack - I don't think most people outside of NY or Miami have heard of SS or Danny Meyer.

Pizza is an entity to be tackled in another thread.

Have you heard of the Shake Shack cam? You can watch it online and when the line is short, you run over and grab a burger. Pretty cool if you are nearby. Should work out well for you since you are only 5 minutes away.

« Keith »

I don't know if it qualifies as truly fast food, but Fuddruckers makes some absolutely fresh and delicious burgers on their homemade buttery buns. Huge fixins area with way too may options, and really good fries make this a great burger joint.

In North Andover, there was Harrison's Roast Beef - this was a staple Friday night stop before any high school extra curricular activity. Phenomenal roast beef (gotta get it with horseradish).

I don't know if it qualifies as truly fast food, but Fuddruckers makes some absolutely fresh and delicious burgers on their homemade buttery buns. Huge fixins area with way too may options, and really good fries make this a great burger joint.

Fudruckers is an absolute favorite, but it is in no way fast food.

Have you heard of the Shake Shack cam?

No - I just checked it - that would have been handy if it was at my location. The cam is at the first SS in midtown. Oh well. Thanks though.

Maybe I can hack into the NYC traffic cam near my SS, ha ha. Reading this thread last night made me go downstairs to the supermarket and buy some crinkle fries. Damn you all Fries were good though.

Steve

Pizza, best fastfood I know.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 4926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!