IGNORED

Your favorite golf music?

Underthewind
Note: This thread is 3515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't use headphones at the range because i'm scared of getting hit in the head with someones errant shot.

Othewise, I would love to. Never on the course though for the same reason as above.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

No music at a course, ever. Too distracting, and I much prefer silence when possible.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Slayer, Opeth, Entombed. Nice calming easy listening kinda stuff.

Decent punk is good too. NOFX, Cramps, Older Bad Religion, Muffintops, Dayglos, etc.

This is at the range only. I wouldn't listen to music during a round. There's enough voices in my head as is.

Smack My B!tch Up ... Prodigy

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The music of Mother Nature is all I can ever imagine needing or wanting. Birds singing, squirrels chattering, the wind in the trees. Why would anyone want to be out on a beautiful day and sully it with anything man made?

I think you answered your own question. Not every trip to the driving range is like a sleepy time rainforest soundtrack of natural wonderment. Sometimes there's Johnny Loudmouth and Charlie Nevershutsthehellup exchanging tips while they send hosel rockets left and right. Then there's Mr and Mrs Couldn'tgetababysitter who brought the whole family for some "golfin'".

Music at the range is sometimes all that keeps that last thread of sanity from snapping. I did listen to music on the course once because after 2 or 3 hours of steady rain on my umbrella, I needed to change the tempo. All I had was my wife's Mp3 player (Kieth Urban, Blue Rodeo - stuff like that), so I finished without music. Still, it broke up the monotony.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

iPhone and earbuds (not the crappy Apple ones) while putting on an empty putting green late on a summer evening? Yes please! The lack of sound at contact forces me to pay better attention to the FEEL of a well struck putt. The sensations travelling up the shaft into my hands are heightened for sure. I find it good for my stroke. I'll take some Kings Of Leon, some old Liz Phair, The Beatles, Rilo Kiley, and Bob Marley, three Srixon Z Stars, an empty putting green, and the stupid little flagstick tossed to the fringe.

I have no mortgage at that point, bills, work issues, the grass does not need mowed, etc.

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

The music of Mother Nature is all I can ever imagine needing or wanting. Birds singing, squirrels chattering, the wind in the trees. Why would anyone want to be out on a beautiful day and sully it with anything man made?

This for me.

And I am a music lover, but prefer nature on the golf course.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Slayer, Opeth, Entombed. Nice calming easy listening kinda stuff.

I lol'd.

There is nothing like some double kick peddles to sedate oneself. If I am playing a 1 ball, I prefer Ska, its happy, has a nice beat and lets u skank down the fairways. Otherwise it is the sound of the birds and the banter.

I have enough inner monologue, I don't need someone else singing in my head! So no music on the course. I do on occasion practice putting and chipping with some music.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

I have enough inner monologue, I don't need someone else singing in my head! So no music on the course. I do on occasion practice putting and chipping with some music.

As long as you don't answer your inner monologue, you are okay.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• 1 year later...
Originally Posted by Fourputt

I couldn't agree more....

Nothing.  Just the sounds of the course.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

i listen to Coheed and Cambria on my phone.  I use earbuds so no one else can hear it and only have one in at a time if there is anyone else on the course.  the course i play by my house has a housing development going up next to it so it is loud all the time, lol.  i typically play on a township course after work, so most of the time, i am by myself on the course, lol.

.........didn't you know music on the golf course is a personal violation of other golfers personal privacy?

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3515 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!