IGNORED

My Swing (iacas)

iacas

To the point of changing the darn picture…

I was basically trying to hit the ball with the back of the club and/or the back of the hosel. So, the backswing and some other things are a bit different than normal. But… look at the changes in transition and at 6.

Yea, that transition is awesome. Now all you have to do is rotate your club 80° closed at address and you're good to go ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Now that is something I haven't seen before. I see the plane shallows out quite a bit in downswing almost Hogan like. A good exercise for fixing a pull I'm guessing, but doesn't it sting hitting a ball this way? Or are you using foam balls?

Regular golf ball. Point is it changes the way the the right forearm wants to rotate in the transition.

Yea, that transition is awesome. Now all you have to do is rotate your club 80° closed at address and you're good to go

Nah. Just need to do it less. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yea, that transition is awesome. Now all you have to do is rotate your club 80° closed at address and you're good to go

I can introduce you to a clown who does...

Vishal S.

Now that is something I haven't seen before. I see the plane shallows out quite a bit in downswing almost Hogan like. A good exercise for fixing a pull I'm guessing, but doesn't it sting hitting a ball this way? Or are you using foam balls?

@iacas is a tough dude, he can take the pain.

Good work @iacas , practicing what you preach (how to practice)

Yep.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Its a new training system. Shank the ball for a better swing :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

one question @iacas , out of a rating of 10, how much did your hands sting afterwards? :-D

on another point that video was really good at showing how you transitioned into the downswing.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• Administrator

one question @iacas, out of a rating of 10, how much did your hands sting afterwards?

They didn't really. It's pretty solid back there. It's the thin ones that sting, after all…

Back at it today for a bit…

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They didn't really. It's pretty solid back there. It's the thin ones that sting, after all…

Back at it today for a bit…

Good point, so sort of a dull feeling. I would have thought it would take quite a bit of mental effort to intentionally hit it off the hosel as the natural instinct would be to adjust to at least try and hit off the face. Are you having to conciously tell yourself to hit it wrong (so to speak)?

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

• 7 months later...
  • Administrator

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

erik_jan31 50%.jpg

More work on laying the shaft down. I feel like a moron EVERY time I work on this, but, it's what's right.

• Upvote 1

I have a question.  Maybe it's a dumb question, but please bear with me, I'm kind of a novice at this.   I know Sergio Garcia and other top pros do that flattening at the top of the swing that it looks like you are doing.   My question is, instead of flattening at the top of the swing, why not just flatten the backswing?  How does putting a loop in the transition help instead of just flattening the backswing? 

41 minutes ago, Marty2019 said:

I have a question.  Maybe it's a dumb question, but please bear with me, I'm kind of a novice at this.   I know Sergio Garcia and other top pros do that flattening at the top of the swing that it looks like you are doing.   My question is, instead of flattening at the top of the swing, why not just flatten the backswing?  How does putting a loop in the transition help instead of just flattening the backswing? 

I can't speak for @iacas's swing, but in general, if you flatten at the top, might overdo it, will probably come in too under plane, in to out, resulting in hooks, fat, or who knows what. The golf swing is like porridge and the three bears. Not too hot, not too cold, just right. The tendency is to think, well, if this is a good thing, I'll do more of it, and it'll be a great thing, but it's more just the right amount of a whole bunch of things fired at the right time, within a certain leeway. Like a Rube Goldberg contraption. If one part along the line doesn't work, it never finishes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Marty2019 said:

I have a question.  Maybe it's a dumb question, but please bear with me, I'm kind of a novice at this.   I know Sergio Garcia and other top pros do that flattening at the top of the swing that it looks like you are doing. My question is, instead of flattening at the top of the swing, why not just flatten the backswing? How does putting a loop in the transition help instead of just flattening the backswing? 

Because a flat backswing for me - and I dare say the majority of people - lead to a steeper downswing. That's worse.

"To play any kind of good golf you've gotta lay the shaft down early or lay it down late." The "early" is a Hogan or Sergio style. Late would be more Carl Pettersson.

Besides, that's just practice. I don't need my swing to lay down that much. If it did I'd be hitting out way too much. But what I want is for the shaft to stop steepening slightly in transition.

On January 5, 2016 at 1:35 PM, iacas said:

If you go to my swing, I struggle with the exact same thing and it pisses me off!!!!!

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

@iacas have you tried getting the hands deeper without over flexing right arm and right wrist? If the arm and hands are Deep, the only thing they can do is go out. Or at least it becomes much more difficult to drop them behind you even more reason for them to go out. Give it a try, key it to get the left arm deep without over flexing or over hinging. Trust me, not easy! 

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player

• Administrator
Just now, coop6 said:

@iacas have you tried getting the hands deeper without over flexing right arm and right wrist? If the arm and hands are Deep, the only thing they can do is go out. Or at least it becomes much more difficult to drop them behind you even more reason for them to go out. Give it a try, key it to get the left arm deep without over flexing or over hinging. Trust me, not easy! 

No thanks… that's not really a good way to go. The hands don't have to just "go out" when they get too deep. Not at all. In fact, I was going to make a blog post about this same thing.

There it is. Have a look… right arm super deep, and just stayed deep fooooooreeeeeeeveeeeeer. Hit out a shitload.

My left arm tends to get and stay too deep. That's not really the issue. The issue is that the shaft stands up a bit from my right wrist/left forearm wanting it to.

Then backswing  shouldn't matter at all.... Left arm and wrist need to internally rotate and shaft will flatten regardless of where the club is at the top. The deeper and less flexed I get on the backswing, the easier it is for me to OTT from the Inside. That's just me though and it varies from player to player. 

PGA Class A member

MORAD advocate

Titleist club player