IGNORED

What kind of stats do you all keep`?

Chandrive
Note: This thread is 4285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Putts, GIRs & fairways hit. I also keep track of what I call "Wasted shots". These are almost always flubbed or sculled chip shots around the green. I figure that I cost myself about 6 shots per round just by not being able to get on the green consistantly from inside 50 yards. Hmmmmm, I wonder what I need to work on?

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Being new to golf (about 1 year) I keep track of the number of shots I consider to be "good" and the type of shot.  What's interesting about this is, as I get better, shots I used to count as "good" no longer are because my expectations rise.  I find this to be a way to play without getting down when I make a bad shot.

My average is around 12 shots per 18 holes that I consider "good".

• 2 weeks later...

I keep track of GIR, saves, putts/GIR and total putts.  I used to keep track of fairways hit but found that statistic didn't correlate to my final score very well.  I do keep track of wasted shots however (OB, sculled, etc.).  Most of these seem to come from "peeking" as I have a tendency to lift my head a little early.  But my early stat keeping showed what every pro says, "it's the short game stupid".  I have a buddy that keeps track of how many strokes on he takes inside of 100 yards for all 18 holes.

Butch

I always keep my own separate scorecard, even during my league play (which gets difficult when it is my week to score the match, which means I am hauling and marking 2 score cards.)

On my score card I use alot of the columns in descending order as they appear on the score card:

Strokes

putts

fairways

penalites

drive distance

I then enter this all into the GHIN system where it keeps my stats for me.

Keeping these stats enables me to see where I went wrong if I had a bad round. If I see I did not hit any fairways, had a few 3 putts and more than 1 penalty than I know what to work to avoid next week!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

GIR, Fairways, up & down from <50 yards, green side sand saves, putts ... and score.

use golf digest http://www.golfdigestchallenge.com/user_sessions/new to keep track. It gives me a long game and a short game handicap.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

I keep track of GIR, saves, putts/GIR and total putts.  I used to keep track of fairways hit but found that statistic didn't correlate to my final score very well.  I do keep track of wasted shots however (OB, sculled, etc.).  Most of these seem to come from "peeking" as I have a tendency to lift my head a little early.  But my early stat keeping showed what every pro says, "it's the short game stupid".  I have a buddy that keeps track of how many strokes on he takes inside of 100 yards for all 18 holes.

That's a great idea. I'm going to do that when I play Saturday. I'm guessing the total number will be much more than I anticipate.

I use Golfshot on my iPhone, it tracks fairways, GIR, scrambling/sand saves, putts per hole, putts/GIR. Recently they added distance averages but often I forget to tell it track a shot.

The only thing I want additional is the ability to track shots inside a given yardage (like the 100 yard example above). You can add notes on their website, I might start using that after rounds and just keep track on a scorecard.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I do not like plugging in the stats "live" into my phone. I much prefer just using a line or two on the scorecard to track my four main stats. I track putts on the line with the hole score. I find it easier and faster than Golfshot -- which I use and like as a GPS sometimes.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

I never really kept track of stats, but I plan to this season.

I made some stat sheets on excel that I'll take with me to the course to pencil in as I go.

I'm planning on compiling the stats that I collect in some sort of log book. Should be interesting to see how things progress (or not) during the season.

I use GolfShot and love it. I find I can very easily input the information between holes, even when I had a bad one and had to do some counting. :)

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

For each hole, I record number of: full swings, short shots, putts. For example, 202 is a green in regulation with two putts. On par-5 holes I like to see 212. X11 is an up and down. X22 and XX3 are things I don't like to see.

When I get home I write down every stroke and analyze the round in detail.

i use pencil and paper too, just for the sake of speed then when I get hom I enter the data into oobgolf.

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

I do not like plugging in the stats "live" into my phone. I much prefer just using a line or two on the scorecard to track my four main stats. I track putts on the line with the hole score. I find it easier and faster than Golfshot -- which I use and like as a GPS sometimes.

Joe Paradiso

I just installed the demo of scorecard 2. Pretty good, allows you to enter notes for each hole, the entire round, etc. Almost guaranteed to buy the full version once I enter my five demo rounds. Its exactly what I was looking for, although may still try and learn some basic visual basic and develop my own for the hobby of it.

What do you consider to be the best online golf stat tracker? I've never really tracked my stats much past the end of the round, but as I become more serious about golf, I would like to track a lot more...

Mitch

For the 1st time today I tracked all my shots inside of 100 yds (Putts included) and not surprisingly, found exactly what I need to work on. I figure I need to get up & in from 100 yds in no more than 3 shots, on 9 holes it took me 4 shots to get in. Considering that I shot a 95, if I can cut that number in half, I'm flirting with breaking 90 on a consistant basis.

• 4 months later...

I wasnt quite sure where to put this thead so I decided here was fine. ANYWAYS...When you keep your stats how do you track putts and how many shots it took you to get on the green.

On my score card I put:

Score:

On in:

putts:

fairway:

So lets say I just miss the green but hole the putt from the fringe on a par 3. I am now on in 2 with a 1 putt but I scored a two.

Yesterday on hole 1 It technically took me 5 to get on the green put I 1/3 putted. How do you keep track of that for yourself? Does that say more about my putting or my approach?

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

If I'm putting from off the green I don't consider that a putt since I may have used a wedge or iron to play a chip shot.  The only things I track, and not every round, are fairways hit, green in regulation, and putts.

I use the socre for the hole minus the number of putts to tell me how many strokes were used to get on the green.  I don't play that often so I only have maybe 40 cards a year to go through, so this isn't that bad for me to calculate.  Maybe takes less than an hour to go through a year's worth of cards.

Note: This thread is 4285 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!