IGNORED

My Swing (Golfingdad)

Golfingdad
Note: This thread is 1323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Fantastic round overall (by my standards) today.  Par 71, 71.2/130, 6543 yards, ... shot a 77.  I hit 7 fairways, 10 greens, and had 32 total putts.  Two bad tee balls cost me (up to) 5 shots.  Hit an ugly pulled driver into a tree on a short and reachable par 5, couldn't find it, and ended up with an 8.  Then hooked a 3 wood on a short par 4 into some tall grass that I also couldn't find, which led to a double.  Besides the 8 and 6, I had 15 fours and 1 three.   I think it's a pretty safe bet I've never played an entire round on a regulation course without carding ANY 5's.

Also had two sloppy 3 putts, and one other "3 putt" from a couple of yards off the green on 3 of the par 3's.  Obviously, "what if" games are silly, but it's easy to look back on this round and just pick those 3 lag putts and those 2 tee balls and recognize that I was that close to a career round.  I mean, I can actually see par, or even under par, or even (holy crap!!) under 70, coming out of this round with a little more tightening up of the swing.

Really pleased with the pitching game over the course of the 4 rounds I've played in the last week.  I've been giving myself great chances to get up and down (even holed one from the bunker on Friday) and thanks to the improved putting, I've been successful many times.

Things are definitely looking up. :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Fantastic round overall (by my standards) today.  Par 71, 71.2/130, 6543 yards, ... shot a 77.  I hit 7 fairways, 10 greens, and had 32 total putts.  Two bad tee balls cost me (up to) 5 shots.  Hit an ugly pulled driver into a tree on a short and reachable par 5, couldn't find it, and ended up with an 8.  Then hooked a 3 wood on a short par 4 into some tall grass that I also couldn't find, which led to a double.  Besides the 8 and 6, I had 15 fours and 1 three.   I think it's a pretty safe bet I've never played an entire round on a regulation course without carding ANY 5's.

Also had two sloppy 3 putts, and one other "3 putt" from a couple of yards off the green on 3 of the par 3's.  Obviously, "what if" games are silly, but it's easy to look back on this round and just pick those 3 lag putts and those 2 tee balls and recognize that I was that close to a career round.  I mean, I can actually see par, or even under par, or even (holy crap!!) under 70, coming out of this round with a little more tightening up of the swing.

Really pleased with the pitching game over the course of the 4 rounds I've played in the last week.  I've been giving myself great chances to get up and down (even holed one from the bunker on Friday) and thanks to the improved putting, I've been successful many times.

Things are definitely looking up.

Good work Drew....Congratz on the 77... :dance:

Things are definitely looking up.

Here's the scorecard.  It points out to me that, other than on the first hole (weak fade with the 3 wood that just missed the fairway) and the 6th hole (huge push with a 5 iron) the right side of the course was completely non-existent to me.  Drivers were straight or pulls, 3 woods were draws or hooks.

• 4 weeks later...

Almost acquired a new nickname today ... "Van De Velde." :-P

Played fantastic for 17 holes and would have probably won easily with a par (turns out I would have won with a double bogey) ... and managed a triple bogey 7.  420 yard par 4, pull hooked a 3 wood into the yuck, lost it, re-teed and hacked it home for a 7.  Good news is that I still made it into a playoff (with a guy who birdied the last hole).

We went out to #10, a 515 yard par 5 that I parred in regulation.  He went first and hit a perfect drive.  I was more nervous than I'd been all day (never been in a playoff before) and hit a perfect drive as well.  Ended up right behind him by about 10 yards, and had 198 to the pin.  (The hole was playing downwind at this point).  I aimed a 5 iron towards the center of the green (pin was all the way left) and hit it solid but pushed it a bit, leaving myself with about a 60 putt for eagle.  He did the same, but pushed it even more and had about 75-80 feet for eagle.  He left his eagle putt about 12 feet short, and I put mine to about 18 inches and tapped in for birdie.  He blasted his birdie putt just past the right edge and that was that. :beer: My second tournament victory in two years.  (Coincidentally, one week prior to attempting to defend my only previous title.)

Anywho's ... I'm pretty stoked.  Two pull-hooked tee shots leading to lost balls and a double and triple bogey, along with one other double bogey, also pertially caused by a pull hooked tee shot (and really caused by a bladed fairway bunker shot that popped into the next bunker 5 yards ahead :doh: ) and that was it.  +7 for those 3 holes, +7 for the whole day. :beer:

http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel14/event/thegolfchannel14221/contest/7/leaderboard.htm

Extra bonus is that at next revision I will have a new all time low HC.  Hope I can keep this up!!!! :dance:

• Upvote 4

Almost acquired a new nickname today ... "Van De Velde." :-P Played fantastic for 17 holes and would have probably won easily with a par (turns out I would have won with a double bogey) ... and managed a triple bogey 7.  420 yard par 4, pull hooked a 3 wood into the yuck, lost it, re-teed and hacked it home for a 7.  Good news is that I still made it into a playoff (with a guy who birdied the last hole). We went out to #10, a 515 yard par 5 that I parred in regulation.  He went first and hit a perfect drive.  I was more nervous than I'd been all day (never been in a playoff before) and hit a perfect drive as well.  Ended up right behind him by about 10 yards, and had 198 to the pin.  (The hole was playing downwind at this point).  I aimed a 5 iron towards the center of the green (pin was all the way left) and hit it solid but pushed it a bit, leaving myself with about a 60 putt for eagle.  He did the same, but pushed it even more and had about 75-80 feet for eagle.  He left his eagle putt about 12 feet short, and I put mine to about 18 inches and tapped in for birdie.  He blasted his birdie putt just past the right edge and that was that. :beer:   My second tournament victory in two years.  (Coincidentally, one week prior to attempting to defend my only previous title.) Anywho's ... I'm pretty stoked.  Two pull-hooked tee shots leading to lost balls and a double and triple bogey, along with one other double bogey, also pertially caused by a pull hooked tee shot (and really caused by a bladed fairway bunker shot that popped into the next bunker 5 yards ahead:doh: ) and that was it.  +7 for those 3 holes, +7 for the whole day.:beer: [URL=http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel14/event/thegolfchannel14221/contest/7/leaderboard.htm]http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel14/event/thegolfchannel14221/contest/7/leaderboard.htm[/URL] Extra bonus is that at next revision I will have a new all time low HC.  Hope I can keep this up!!!!:dance:

Congrats!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Almost acquired a new nickname today ... "Van De Velde."

Played fantastic for 17 holes and would have probably won easily with a par (turns out I would have won with a double bogey) ... and managed a triple bogey 7.  420 yard par 4, pull hooked a 3 wood into the yuck, lost it, re-teed and hacked it home for a 7.  Good news is that I still made it into a playoff (with a guy who birdied the last hole).

We went out to #10, a 515 yard par 5 that I parred in regulation.  He went first and hit a perfect drive.  I was more nervous than I'd been all day (never been in a playoff before) and hit a perfect drive as well.  Ended up right behind him by about 10 yards, and had 198 to the pin.  (The hole was playing downwind at this point).  I aimed a 5 iron towards the center of the green (pin was all the way left) and hit it solid but pushed it a bit, leaving myself with about a 60 putt for eagle.  He did the same, but pushed it even more and had about 75-80 feet for eagle.  He left his eagle putt about 12 feet short, and I put mine to about 18 inches and tapped in for birdie.  He blasted his birdie putt just past the right edge and that was that.   My second tournament victory in two years.  (Coincidentally, one week prior to attempting to defend my only previous title.)

Anywho's ... I'm pretty stoked.  Two pull-hooked tee shots leading to lost balls and a double and triple bogey, along with one other double bogey, also pertially caused by a pull hooked tee shot (and really caused by a bladed fairway bunker shot that popped into the next bunker 5 yards ahead) and that was it.  +7 for those 3 holes, +7 for the whole day.

http://thegolfchannel.bluegolf.com/bluegolf/thegolfchannel14/event/thegolfchannel14221/contest/7/leaderboard.htm

Extra bonus is that at next revision I will have a new all time low HC.  Hope I can keep this up!!!!

Sweet!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Great job!

Congrats on the big playoff win! :dance:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

Playing tournaments - that's the LSW way!

Congratulations Barney!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Congrats.

On the tournament win and the dropping handicap.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Congrats! :beer:

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Congrats!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Playing tournaments - that's the LSW way!

Congratulations Barney!

Thanks (everybody, not just Erik ;))!!

I was very pleased with how everything LSW related worked out.  I hit many more drivers than my playing partners and than I probably would have previously. :beer: I don't have shot zones officially plotted yet, but I have enough of a general idea that I knew what I wanted to do on every hole and was pretty confident with all of my choices.  I made several physical errors (which is to be expected) but I only made one silly strategy mistake:  Going at a right pin from 100 yards, pushing it into the short-side bunker and bogeying after a perfect drive. :doh:

One thing regarding my swing that stands out right now is that I'm missing all fairways to the left.  I hit one slight straight push yesterday (with driver) and one slight push fade in my previous round (3 wood, same course, different hole) but otherwise every missed fairway over those two rounds (11 of them) was a miss left.

Not sure if this is enough to signify a trend, but if it is, I'm happy with that.  Seems like a huge step forward for me to be always missing the same direction.

Still not "advancing" as far as Evolvr goes ... My last lesson from Stephan was the same as the previous - oh I don't know ... infinity lessons?? - but while playing, as long as I'm thinking "belt buckle to sky," things are clicking.

Good story.

Congratz!

and many more wins.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Let's see a pic of the hardware!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 1323 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!