IGNORED

How Many Hybrids Do You Carry?

Note: This thread is 1928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i ditched all of the hybrid's i messed around with in 2013..... had the nike vrs 3 and 4 hybrid's

when i first got them, wow, i could hit them really well, and was like damn, no need for my 3 n 4 iron lol.....

but then when i actually worked on hitting my 3 n 4 iron's...... i found i couldnt hit the hybrid's worth a dang lol....

so i ditched them and stuck with my irons.....

It is what it is

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I carry 2, and for the life of me I have no reason why. First of all, I never need them for the courses I play. Secondly, I can't hit them any more. I used to when my swing was a lot worse, now they feel heavy and clunky.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I'm pretty close to MBG. I go driver - 4 wood - 4 hybrid - 4 iron.

:tmade: SLDR 12* :ping: G20 4W :adams: Speedline Super S 4H :mizuno: JPX-825 Pro 4-G :tmade: ATV 56* & 60* :cameron: 2014 Select Newport or 1997 Teryllium 3 Newport

I was carrying a 3 hybrid but went back to a 3 iron. I do carry an 18° Apex Utility iron, I don't know if that's classified as a hybrid or not.

Eric

In the Bag:

Driver - Cobra Bio Cell+ 9.5°

3 Wood - Titleist 980F 15°

5 Wood - Cobra Speed LD F 17°

Irons - Taylormade TP MC 3-PW

Wedges - 50°/56° Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0

Putter - Odyssey Versa #1 

Driver, 15* 3 wood, 18* 5 wood, 22* 4 hybrid, 5 iron.... , PW, GW, 56 and 60 wedges

The gaps between the longer clubs are between 10 and 15 yards, but I am a short hitter (3 wood at 200-210 yds), so this setup works very well for me.

I do like my fairway woods so that's why they are both there. In tough lies or deep rough, I won't try to muscle them and use the hybrid instead and willingly give up distance for a more predictable outcome: sometimes bogey is a good score and I shouldn't have been in that predicament in the first place...

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Two Hybrids

Driver

3 wd

5 wd

22 Hy

25 Hy

1 inch shaft length between. Do not like the Fubiku Ax 70 in them ... very tip stiff and tight feeling.

Reshaft! Ugh.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I had a 20 year golf hiatus, previously I carried a Driver, 3W, 1i, 2i, 3i-Si.

I just picked up a set of Calloways:, Driver, 3W, 3H, 4H, 5i-PW, AW, GW & LW.

It will be another 10 years before I can hope to be playing weekly (or more?). The hybrids are just so easy to hit. I'm super stoked I don't feel any pressure to "re-learn" to hit a 3 iron, or a 4 iron for that matter.

I see why a very good golfer would choose the irons over the hybrids but why not take advantage of the technology?

Zero currently, but I plan on picking up a 3H at the end of this season and spending some time learning it over the winter. My bag currently has a 3W then 4 iron and it's a toss up between the 5W and a 3H. Right now it is a rare moment when I need to hit a 3 iron and can't simply hit the 3W with an easy swing to make it happen. That said, I find myself with a few shots out of the rough where either a 3H or 4H would be easier to hit, and probably carry farther than a 4 iron shot as well.

Two Hybrids

Callaway XR

22 Hy

25 Hy

1 inch shaft length between. Do not like the Fubiku Ax 70 in them ... smooth, high and easy on center contact, and give feedback when not -- stiff and tight feeling when you do not make center contact i.e. good feedback.

Reshaft! Ugh.

Again, it was the Indian, not the arrow.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I carry one.   I feel it replaces a 2 and 3 iron, and then my 4-iron is my lowest iron.   It's a 19 degree hybrid, which is generally a 3H.   I feel that choking down a little bit, and learning to hit it a little easier makes it a 3-iron replacement.   Taking a normal swing is more like a 2I.   I like having a 2I distance with something easier to hit in the bag.

—Adam

12 hcp. I've never felt it was necessary to carry more than one hybrid for me. It does exactly what I need it to do, go high and long. That being said I know some older players like to carry 2 or 3 just to give that extra bit of forgiveness and get the results with a slower swing speed. I'm quite confident with my long irons so I carry a 21 degree hybrid and play 4-PW and have no gaps

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Currently I have 1, a 18* 913Hd. However that is subject to change since I'm getting fitted for a set of irons this Friday and it may happen that the set I hit best has another one or two included. I don't expect that to be the case though, as I've never had any trouble getting a 4 iron or 5 iron in the air.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I have 2 in the bag, Tour Edge Exotics X-Rail 3(20°), 4(23°)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I've got a 21* titleist 913 Standard shaft I'm 14 and hit my 2 wood 205 and my hybrid 185 then my 4 iron 180 so thinking of delofting my hybrid to bridge the gap

I have a 23* Nike Vapor Speed 4H. However I'm looking for something to bridge the gap between my 4H and my 3W but not sure whether I buy a 5W or another hybrid, for me it is a though decision as both have their advantages.

Not being and older player and carry a 7 handicap, I carry 4 hybrids.  They are so much easier to hit than long irons, not sure why more people don't go with them.

2H, 4H, 5H & 6H

I hit them great.  They go high, land soft and unless I take an awful swing they don't go far offline.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 1928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!