IGNORED

Official 2013 U.S. Open at Merion Discussion Thread

iacas
Note:Β This thread is 3948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

They have done a good job with the groupings IMO. Β There are a lot that I would love to follow.

http://www.usopen.com/en_US/scoring/groupings.html

They have the all South African group going off 8th. Β Too bad they couldn't get Ernie in there! Β The winner could come from this group.

8 11 7:33a OOSTHUIZEN, L. SCHWARTZEL, C. CLARK, T.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Couple of randoms sheltering from the rain. That guy on the left is a short arse!

(* And that's a $50,000 watch on the red shirt.)

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by boogielicious

They have done a good job with the groupings IMO. Β There are a lot that I would love to follow.

http://www.usopen.com/en_US/scoring/groupings.html

They have the all South African group going off 8th. Β Too bad they couldn't get Ernie in there! Β The winner could come from this group.

7:33a

OOSTHUIZEN, L.

SCHWARTZEL, C.

CLARK, T.

I like that Phil and Keegan are in same group as are Rory and Tiger.Β  I'd think the crowd will really enjoy these groupings, should be a lot of fun with some of them.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Stretch

Couple of randoms sheltering from the rain. That guy on the left is a short arse!

(* And that's a $50,000 watch on the red shirt.)

I would be terrified to wear a watch that cost more the $500!

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I would be terrified to wear a watch that cost more the $500!

Louis doesn't have to worry, they would steal Bubba's $500k (!) watch first.

Couple of randoms sheltering from the rain. That guy on the left is a short arse! [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/76780/] [/URL] (* And that's a $50,000 watch on the red shirt.)

Bubba the odd man out in the matching set; he doesn't have a UPS patch on his shirt. [quote name="Zwick" url="/t/67466/official-2013-u-s-open-at-merion-discussion-thread/90#post_853623"]Louis doesn't have to worry, they would steal Bubba's $500k (!) watch first. [/quote] A half-million-dollar watch?! A couple of years ago, he was so proud of his collection of $20 Swatches...what happened ?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Let's just hope those watches are waterproof ...

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

Let's just hope those watches are waterproof ...

They should make the course harder by calling those water hazards.

According to the rules of golf, they already are. (The bunkers, at least.)

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

what can logistically be done to "dry out" a golf course?Β  besides the obvious squeegeeing the greens and stuff like that?Β  fans/blowers?

Colin P.

what can logistically be done to "dry out" a golf course?Β  besides the obvious squeegeeing the greens and stuff like that?Β  fans/blowers?

It seems they have given up on the possibility of the course becoming firm for the weekend. It's going to be soft and slow. Much discussion of it on the Golf Channel this morning. They seem to have a massive staff out on the course working the holes just to make them playable. Seems like much of the standing water has been removed. And they are walking areas with large leaf blowers as well as squeegees and pumping water out of bunkers. It's gonna be soft no matter what they do.

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmac20

According to the rules of golf, they already are. (The bunkers, at least.)

Bunkers are hazards, but they are not water hazards, and they are treated differently in many respects under the rules.

Originally Posted byΒ MyrtleBeachGolf

Quote:

Originally Posted byΒ colin007

It seems they have given up on the possibility of the course becoming firm for the weekend. It's going to be soft and slow. Much discussion of it on the Golf Channel this morning. They seem to have a massive staff out on the course working the holes just to make them playable. Seems like much of the standing water has been removed. And they are walking areas with large leaf blowers as well as squeegees and pumping water out of bunkers. It's gonna be soft no matter what they do.

It may start that way, but if it stays dry for the 4 days of play, Sunday could see a very different course from Thursday. Β We can hope anyway.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Hey guys,

So I was at the Open yesterday and took a bunch of awesome photos. I wanted to start a thread for those who want to upload their photos to share with everyone. Below is a photo I got of tiger chipping his approach onto the green (within 10ft of course). Please add to this, I would like to see other shots people got of the groups out on the links.

it is raining again now and it is hard at times. it has been a long time since we have gotten this much rain over a couple days. no sunshine in between showers either, just clouds and overcast. tueday is supposed to have partial showers but by Wed it is going to be cleared out of the area. the course is going to dry some over the 3 days but hard and fast is not going to happen.

i would guess it is a coin flip for a new historic low this week. the course will take some victems but i think you are going to see several guys very very low. it is going to take double digit under to win and we may well see the teens...from more than one guy.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- ClevelandΒ 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5Β Β 

i would guess it is a coin flip for a new historic low this week. the course will take some victems but i think you are going to see several guys very very low. it is going to take double digit under to win and we may well see the teens...from more than one guy.

Hear these predictions every few years but it rarely pans out. Players are still going to have to hit narrow slivers of fairway, and if they miss will be terribly difficult to hit tiny greens from thick wet rough.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

Hear these predictions every few years but it rarely pans out. Players are still going to have to hit narrow slivers of fairway, and if they miss will be terribly difficult to hit tiny greens from thick wet rough.

this part is spot on, it is the rest i disagree - about those predictions every few years, when we the last time these discussion were had? when was the last time an open course 8 or 9 wedge holes on it with using a driver? when was the last ime you combined a soaked short golf course with several inches in rain the week of the open?

think what you want but the first page of the leader board is going to look like nunbers you would see in the masters...plenty of -3, -4, -5 on Thursday.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- ClevelandΒ 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5Β Β 

Note:Β This thread is 3948 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!