IGNORED

Forum Profile Handicap Indices....

David in FL
Note: This thread is 1183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LOL.....yea no kidding CarlSpackler!    My last round was played October 27th until I played 9 today.      I ended the year at 3.1 and GHIN is closed for business until March.    I have high hopes for 2015!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 1 month later...

Mine hasn't changed since 2011, but that's because I haven't had an official handicap since then.  Now that I"m going to be back playing more regularly, I hope to get it stabilized.  Since when I signed up for GHIN through the CGA again, I asked for my old GHIN number back, so my official handicap is right where it was when I moved out the country, at 13.5 - there's even a 79 from 2011 on the list.  However, I haven't been playing at that level since I moved back to the states, so I have some work ahead of me to get to where it's a realistic profile.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still 15.1, although three rounds from now my least-recent of my ten (current) best drops off my handicap. I don't think I'm intending to play until 3/15 anyway, so it will still be 15.1 then. And that third-least-recent round is the only one of the six least recent used in my handicap calculation. It's a 90 at my home course, a score I think I can beat at least once in the next six rounds, so my next change should be lower. :-) My club still has me at maximum 13 handicap index until August thanks to two spectacular rounds last summer and our tournament handicapping guidelines. I view this as a challenge to get my real handicap under that by then. I even sent a "thank you" to the handicap chair when I got the adjustment, even though I know the change was mechanical and not a choice on his part. Six rounds from now, I have five consecutive rounds where the least recent is in the (current) calculation, so I'll have some work cut out for me then... :-)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm official now! Well, technically, my handicap won't be official until the next revision, but I do have a real GHIN# now.

Currently, index is 18.1L. Went down two whole strokes from the last time I unofficially calculated it myself, by virtue of having lost all of my golf stats before my last 12 rounds. I'll just stick with that since it won't be too long before I get another eight rounds to make all those lost rounds irrelevant.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'm official now! Well, technically, my handicap won't be official until the next revision, but I do have a real GHIN# now.

Currently, index is 18.1L. Went down two whole strokes from the last time I unofficially calculated it myself, by virtue of having lost all of my golf stats before my last 12 rounds. I'll just stick with that since it won't be too long before I get another eight rounds to make all those lost rounds irrelevant.

Very cool. I just had to switch mine over since my golf club is still a ghost town.

- Shane

Peaked at 22 (career high since tracking HI) two months ago and it is back down to 19.3 (same as what it was 6 months ago).

Since this post 5 months ago, my HI went back up to 23 (higher peak) a month ago and is down to 20 in the last report.   I expect the next update to be in 18s as I have 8 out of 9 soft scores to beat.   It has been a frustrating roller coast ride but things are looking much better.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Here are my stats for the last 5-6 months or so.

11 3+ bogeys

67 doubles

269 bogeys

113 pars

14 birdies

Par 3 +74

Par 4 +296

Par 5 +54

GIR 87/473 or about 18.3% GIR

Scrambling 15% for par or better, 85% bogey or worse.

243 yards average drive, includes trees and other such obstacles.

285 "max" drive on a flat fairway no wind.

1.8 putts per hole average.

My FW hit ratio is too high, 277/382 or about 72.5% (not true, just the way the stats are input)

Just noticed that my GIR is really low for my handicap, but I don't count balls on the fringe as GIR even if it is an inch off the green. I make more than double where they are less than 5 yards off the green. More work of course. . .

The HI for these stats correlate to a 10.5 as recorded in Golflogix.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 2 weeks later...

Since this post 5 months ago, my HI went back up to 23 a month ago and is down to 20 in the last report.   I expect the next update to be in 18s as I have 8 out of 9 soft scores to beat.   It has been a frustrating roller coast ride but things are looking much better.

Close but no cigar.

A couple of high score rounds alternating with low ones and I could not quite make it to "18s" HI.   It was close though as it is sitting at 19.1 now.   I am down to 5 soft scores to beat.  For all likelihood, the next GHIN report will get my HI in 18s.    Then comes the hard part of keep improving, and getting it down to 16 HI - one of my 2015 golf goals.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Close but no cigar.

A couple of high score rounds alternating with low ones and I could not quite make it to "18s" HI.   It was close though as it is sitting at 19.1 now.   I am down to 5 soft scores to beat.  For all likelihood, the next GHIN report will get my HI in 18s.    Then comes the hard part of keep improving, and getting it down to 16 HI - one of my 2015 golf goals.

Does the official one not change automatically based on your last 20 rounds? I use an unofficial online one and it updates as soon as I hit enter.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

Close but no cigar.

Does the official one not change automatically based on your last 20 rounds? I use an unofficial online one and it updates as soon as I hit enter.

It does change, twice a month.   But I also use Yahoo golf handicap tracker to see my latest HI after each round.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

It does change, twice a month.   But I also use Yahoo gold handicap tracker to see my latest HI after each round.

Oh, ok, thanks. I'm surprised to hear that it doesn't change continuously. I guess it makes sense for things like tournaments, having a uniform cut-off point.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

I'm playing the best golf of my life. Personally fir me, nothing substitutes just playing A TON of golf... Not going to lie, little sore... I played 36 holes yesterday and 36 today... Shot 73 and 69 today.. Literally first time I've broke 70 in years. So excited about my index dropping

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkim291968

It does change, twice a month.   But I also use Yahoo gold handicap tracker to see my latest HI after each round.

Oh, ok, thanks. I'm surprised to hear that it doesn't change continuously. I guess it makes sense for things like tournaments, having a uniform cut-off point.

Yeah.  When my HI dropped 4 points in two weeks after the last official HI, I entered a tournament that I didn't planned to initially.   It used my two-weeks-ago HI and I was sure I will do well.  But the golf god decided to punish my opportunistic attitude and I played my worst round in a month.  Served me right.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Yeah.  When my HI dropped 4 points in two weeks after the last official HI, I entered a tournament that I didn't planned to initially.   It used my two-weeks-ago HI and I was sure I will do well.  But the golf god decided to punish my opportunistic attitude and I played my worst round in a month.  Served me right.

Just hang in there and look closely at where you lost your strokes and work relentlessly on your game.  It will come.

• Upvote 1

Dropped to 7.2 :-)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

went from 11.8 to 11.1. Hopefully the start of a downward year.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Based on the last 5 rounds, I'm somewhere around a 25 on your average to difficult 18 hole course. Distance still being the most annoying factor. After months of hard work on just straightening out my driver...my drives are still a humongous "playable" slice that fall around 210 yards. Nonetheless I can't believe that the average male handicap is somewhere around 15. On this site I can definitely believe it, but not the general public. Everywhere I go I see the majority hacking it up somehow worse than me, and then every once and awhile I'll see a couple diamonds in the rough.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Note: This thread is 1183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!