IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

40's and 50's next week in NYC.

I'm bringing my clubs home!

This weekend 50s and 60s, next week, not so much, 30s and 40s. Some courses won't open until all the snow is gone. Driving by a couple of courses, I saw lots of snow (and geese?), but if the forecast is accurate, the weekend should melt it away.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFKFREAK

40's and 50's next week in NYC.

I'm bringing my clubs home!

This weekend 50s and 60s, next week, not so much, 30s and 40s. Some courses won't open until all the snow is gone. Driving by a couple of courses, I saw lots of snow (and geese?), but if the forecast is accurate, the weekend should melt it away.

I think Clearview is open all the time.  Haha.

My sources tell me that there isn't much snow on the ground in NYC right now so I figure by Monday or Tuesday it should be good to go!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

On way to play, supposed to hit 70 today on No. VA

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Snow?  What's that?   We are experiencing rain and sleet.   Our white Christmas is all but gone.   Time to head to the indoor simulator.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

68 degrees in Ohio yesterday.  I was great but it was weird.  I grew up in Wisconsin and lived there until I was 32.  I honestly couldnt remember very many years where we did have snow for Christmas, so to have it be almost 70 degrees a few days before Christmas is very strange to me.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• Administrator

68 degrees in Ohio yesterday.  I was great but it was weird.  I grew up in Wisconsin and lived there until I was 32.  I honestly couldnt remember very many years where we did have snow for Christmas, so to have it be almost 70 degrees a few days before Christmas is very strange to me.

It's weird here too. Not the not having snow bit, but anything in even the 50s is rare, let alone the 60s.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

My son just got back from a week in St. Augustine and the first thing he said was "If you ever want to play your best golf, play for a few months on dormant Bermuda and then go to Florida where the grass is green. Every chip you hit will be like the easiest thing you've ever done."

Talk about depression, I have new Cobra AMP Cell irons sitting in the garage, but I can't touch them because I just had back surgery! We have a heated range here where I could be swinging away but no.... I'm stuck on the couch for the next few weeks and can't swing a club for the next few months, this sucks big time!

Only one cure for Winter Depression.........never golf again and take up checkers. the game NEVER lets you down guys, TRUST ME. when time get tough (as they have) I just play checkers againsty myself. BOOM! instantly better

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

On the bright side, winter solstice was yesterday so now the gradual change from nighttime to daytime is starting! As in we will start getting more daytime. This only points to spring and brighter days is the way I look at it. Rather than the beginning of winter. Yuck. 4 more months til the Masters guys, hang on

On the bright side, winter solstice was yesterday so now the gradual change from nighttime to daytime is starting! As in we will start getting more daytime. This only points to spring and brighter days is the way I look at it. Rather than the beginning of winter. Yuck. 4 more months til the Masters guys, hang on

So things are looking up! I like the optimism.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

60s in most of the NE and it's ice storming in Toronto, 250K w/o power. Stay safe Toronto. Stay warm (10 degrees forecast).

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Use urethane covered balls instead of surlyn and you'll be fine in sub 32...we got snow that's not going away so I decided to practice my bunker swing by using the 'line drill' in the snow, felt good to make a few swings

Anyone make a black golf ball? Guess one could dip it in ink or something.

Steve