IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

In Colorado, while the weather has warmed up, the change in seasons is typically accompanied by strong winds.  And yesterday was no exception.  Gusts of up to 30 MPH make playing golf difficult.  But I managed to play a decent round.  Just learned to "play the wind" rather than trying to fight it.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Woke up to snow, supposed to get 1" - 3" today.  Doesn't seem winter wants to leave and it's killing my golf game.  I was hoping to get a round in on Wednesday before Myrtle Beach this weekend, not sure it will happen.

Joe Paradiso

We've had heavy rain for the past few days. Supposed to run through this afternoon, I think.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

We're getting pounded again today and tonight. This winter just won't end. Our snowbanks are probably still 3-4 feet. I'm ready to move to a warmer climate!

Ouch! You guys got the big storm last week right? I have a couple of friends that go to Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia and they got quite a bit of snow. When do the courses there usually open?

First day of leagues tonight :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Ouch! You guys got the big storm last week right? I have a couple of friends that go to Dalhousie University in Nova Scotia and they got quite a bit of snow. When do the courses there usually open?

We had 40 cm last week. :pound:

NS was doing really well. I was in Halifax three weeks ago and they had lost all of their snow. They got hit with about 20 cm last week but it should melt pretty quickly. Some courses have actually opened in NS (south shore mainly) and almost all courses open by the end of April. For NB, it's looking like it won't be mid-May though.

Will W

We had 40 cm last week. :pound: NS was doing really well. I was in Halifax three weeks ago and they had lost all of their snow. They got hit with about 20 cm last week but it should melt pretty quickly. Some courses have actually opened in NS (south shore mainly) and almost all courses open by the end of April. For NB, it's looking like it won't be mid-May though.

Mid May is rough. Even with the crappy winter we got in Toronto, courses are expected to be open by the end of April. There's not much snow left on the ground here.

Still plenty of snow on the ground here.  Last year due to the late snows we kept having, the courses did not open until mid May.  It looks like that this year as well.  These last 2 years have been killers because the year before (3 winters ago) we had a very early spring, and were playing in March.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Mid May is rough. Even with the crappy winter we got in Toronto, courses are expected to be open by the end of April. There's not much snow left on the ground here.

End of April is usually the norm around here. I'm hoping spring hits hard and things speed up.

Will W

Walked over to the adjacent to work course at lunch to check conditions, still very soggy, standing water in the low spots, but probably 95% or more of the snow and ice is off the three fairways I walked the rough next to. I didn't want to leave footprints sunk into the fairways. Side note: I did find about 3 dozen balls hiding in the weeds and brush so I've got my practice balls re-plentished for chipping and pitching around the yard. I also found someone's Ping U wedge about a wedge shot from a nearby green and about 20 yards from the fairway. I'm guessing someone hit a ball into the rough and was having trouble getting it out and lost their temper and flung the club away. Left hander so I'll probably wash it up and give it to a local thrift shop.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Thought about it, and since there is a chance that the errant wedge was lost and not tossed, I'm going to take it to the course's lost and found when they open. Just a follow up, and a reason for me to go press my nose up against the shop's window and ask "are you open yet???"

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,

Thought about it, and since there is a chance that the errant wedge was lost and not tossed, I'm going to take it to the course's lost and found when they open.

Just a follow up, and a reason for me to go press my nose up against the shop's window and ask "are you open yet???"

Better choice. :beer:

Better choice. :beer:

+1

Driver- :nike: Nike VR-Pro Limited Edition 9.5* Diamana 'ahina Stiff Flex 3 Wood- :titleist: Titleist 980 5 Wood- :tmade: Taylormade R9 3i-PW- :tmade: Taylormade Tour Preferred (Dynamic Gold S300) Putter- :tarmour: Tommy Armour T-Line 150 (it's old but I love it and haven't been able to find anything that feels better)

Yep.  If the course had been open it would not have been a question, but with it laying in the rough well away from the fairway over at least one winter it took me awhile to wake up.

Tangent dialog (but this being the winter thread and since the nearest course isn't open yet...), in the past if I found a club laying on the ground I would either lean it up against a tree, or just carry it with me outside of my bag in case the owner came looking for it. Then when making the turn or ending the round, or if a course attendant drove past, I'd then hand it off.

Back on topic: local temps are expected to stay below freezing for the daily lows for at least another week or more, with the potential for freezing rain later this week. And some flowers around our house that usually are blooming by now haven't even sprouted above the ground yet.  I'm wondering if the bulbs are just going to stay in hibernation and wait until next year to bloom and sprout.

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,

Keeping fingers crossed for a 2 to 4 foot dump in the local mountains. Mt. Baldy (a local ski resort) sent out a hopeful email. I haven't gone in 3 years, now. As many of us from So. Cal.

We've had many depressing winters, but we might finally have enough to actually put some sticks down in some deep snow (powder even?).

This also means more water this summer for the golf courses ;-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

This isn't too far from my place ahhah.  [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/95405/] [/URL]

Is that a parking lot?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano