smellysell

Winter Depression Thread

3,290 posts / 161365 viewsLast Reply

Anyone from northern VT or NH?

My gf's parents live in northern VT and we're headed there this weekend.  I'm going to try and convince her father to play a round with me on Saturday and she's trying to rain on my parade by saying there's snow on the ground.  Can anyone confirm/deny?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Anyone from northern VT or NH? My gf's parents live in northern VT and we're headed there this weekend.  I'm going to try and convince her father to play a round with me on Saturday and she's trying to rain on my parade by saying there's snow on the ground.  Can anyone confirm/deny?

You are not playing up there. Closest course is probably 2.5 or more hours away. The only courses open in NH are close to the Massachusetts border.

Driving range FINALLY opened!

:dance::dance::dance:

Time to start storing the clubs in the trunk of the car so I ready when opportunity knocks. Could have hit balls this morning if I hadn't left the ****ing clubs at home!

Right on. I am ready for the summer depression thread. Had to mow the lawn for the first time yesterday. Course conditions are still winter like here despite a few attempting to clean up the greens by mowing. Home course actually aerated more than a week ago. This is a frustrating time of year. Weather is summer like but the course looks and plays like it's Jan. Which sucks because we are just 5 days away from posting for handicap again.

Right on. I am ready for the summer depression thread. Had to mow the lawn for the first time yesterday. Course conditions are still winter like here despite a few attempting to clean up the greens by mowing. Home course actually aerated more than a week ago. This is a frustrating time of year. Weather is summer like but the course looks and plays like it's Jan. Which sucks because we are just 5 days away from posting for handicap again.

We don't really have a spring. It was pretty hot this last weekend and some days during the week.

Got to play on my first course of the year last night!!!

I played terrible....but had a smile on my face the entire time.

I feel like I can no longer participate in this thread because winter is over in KC..........it's golf season!!

Played a round yesterday, hope to play another tomorrow.

69 degrees 10-15 mph wind yesterday, forecast tomorrow 73 degrees and 9 mph.

Sunday 6" heavy wet snow, gusts to 24 mph, high 36 degrees.

Springtime in the Rockies, gotta love it!

Looks like it's finally warming up everywhere. :dance:

About 10 courses have opened within an hour drive. Haven't played any yet.

We had a 45° temp drop in less than 48 hours. On Saturday and Sunday, we were 75-80°. Today, it's 32° with 2" of fresh snow. It's supposed to be 60 by Thursday though. I just hope it's not soaking wet by the weekend. My round on Saturday was frustrating when literally every shot was plugging, even approach shots to greens.

I have a picture of my ball plugged about 8 feet from the hole on a Par 3 that I will upload later. It took my divot tool and a tee to extract the ball without causing even more damage. I also let the super know at the turn so he could take a look. I just know if I go back there in a week I am going to see a brown, bare hole in the green. They don't take particularly good care of stuff like that.

Hell, one of the greens has a "Ground Under Repair" sign in the back corner, which has been there for literally 3 years, where the deer creep out of the woods and trample the green and eat the grass.

I also woke up to snow today. WTF! :-O

(I knew it was coming, but pretended it wasn't real.)