IGNORED

Winter Depression Thread

smellysell

Bananas and golf don't mix in my book.

Edit: But I could have added that @missitnoonan and I are planning our trip to Augusta.

Planning a trip to Augusta is definitely banana worthy! :beer:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlSpackler

Bananas and golf don't mix in my book.

Edit: But I could have added that @missitnoonan and I are planning our trip to Augusta.

Planning a trip to Augusta is definitely banana worthy!

Augusta, ME Weather

7:25 am EST
Weather Condition Icon
-2 ° F Feels Like -20 °

Sunny

It is now more than 20 degrees colder than it was yesterday at this time.

OH, did you mean a different Augusta?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

[COLOR=393939]

Augusta, ME Weather

[/COLOR] [COLOR=393939]
7:25 am EST
Weather Condition Icon
[FLOAT=LEFT] -2[SUP]°[/SUP][SUP]F[/SUP] Feels Like -20 ° [/FLOAT]

Sunny

It is now more than 20 degrees colder than it was yesterday at this time.

OH, did you mean a different Augusta?

[/COLOR]

Augusta, GA for Wednesday. =D

- Shane

Nobody tell @CarlSpackler he's a couple of months too early for a trip to Augusta ;-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Nobody tell @CarlSpackler he's a couple of months too early for a trip to Augusta ;-)

[quote name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/71391/winter-depression-thread/1290#post_1095893"] Well, because you didn't put spoiler tags around your post he probably saw it. ;)[/quote] CBS is already pimping it. =P One must plan early if they want a place to stay. ;-)

- Shane

27 now and not a day in the forecast for over 40, looks like it's going to be a while before I get out to even the range.  Until then it's golf simulators and mirror practice. :cry:

Joe Paradiso

27 now and not a day in the forecast for over 40, looks like it's going to be a while before I get out to even the range.  Until then it's golf simulators and mirror practice.  :cry:

Mirror fell and broke today. Hope bad karma doesn't infect my house.

Christian

Wasn't worth going out today severe wind through 5 holes. Made it very cold by the 8th hole I was sneezing almost constantly. It started to get calm but I left after 9 despite paying for 18. First 5 holes were a beat down. I hit one drive to 74 yards from the pin and a gust knocked the ball dead half way to the hole, just dropped down like it lost energy. Couple holes later playing back into the wind I hit driver 3h on a 409 yard par 4 and still had 114 left. Gusting real hard again so I hit a club I usually hit 165 and it drppoed 30 paces short with a decent strike. Riding the wind just as bad didn't make par until it went from freezing gale to breezy. I won't do that again waste of time.

Dave :-)

Mirror fell and broke today.

Hope bad karma doesn't infect my house.

I don't think a broken mirror will bring you any bad karma - unless you broke it over someone's head. Might make practice kind of challenging though.

Snow still on the ground+ 2 new clubs in the bag= torture.

I feel your pain. New irons and snow on the ground probably until April up here.

Jon

I hopped in the car on Saturday, drove an hour down I-75 and left the snow behind. After a bit of work, I found myself at Avon Fields in Cincinnati and got in 18 holes. There may have been a quarter inch of turf that wasn't frozen and I didn't play worth a crap, but I wasn't going to complain. It was great to get out for the first time in weeks.

• Upvote 1

I hopped in the car on Saturday, drove an hour down I-75 and left the snow behind. After a bit of work, I found myself at Avon Fields in Cincinnati and got in 18 holes. There may have been a quarter inch of turf that wasn't frozen and I didn't play worth a crap, but I wasn't going to complain. It was great to get out for the first time in weeks.

Was it windy down there? I remember leaving sound check a little after noon and the stop lights were all dancing around.

- Shane

Was it windy down there? I remember leaving sound check a little after noon and the stop lights were all dancing around.

There were a few gusts as I was finishing up. It wasn't too bad.

Hard to believe they opened yesterday. This is about as good as it got. Couple of holes it would have been nice to have a 4x4 cart. I managed to mostly avoid the snow only had to dig out my ball once. Worst of it was goose turds on greens. Had to clear a path a few times.

I don't think a broken mirror will bring you any bad karma - unless you broke it over someone's head. Might make practice kind of challenging though.

Yeah, gotta get a new one.

Christian

Crazies at my club were playing over the weekend in sub-freezing temperatures (high of 29) and on frozen greens. Not my thing, and that would only make me more depressed. Pass.

Bill M

There were frozen pools of water on a few of the greens last Sun. Strange considering we had a string of 50 degree or better days. The greens take a beating in the winter. The ball has enough velocity it will leave a sizeable mark but you can't repair it because just the top 1/4" or so isn't frozen. What does thaw is loose and squishy. Here the courses get desperate because they need to money so they open. Fortunately grass is hardy here but boy do the carts tear it up when the ground is wet. Some courses don't have continuous paths so at some point carts are on turf.