IGNORED

What Are Your 2014 Golf Goals? Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3447 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just a couple for me...

1. Lower index to a single digit

2. Play in some tournaments (haven't played any since high school)

3. Practice more efficiently, maybe get one of them "Stupid Monkey" badges

4. Track all rounds/stats (I say this every year, but I really mean it this time)

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

About 8 years ago I had an index of 12.X.  But seems if after a couple knee surgeries and some other things I have let it slip (is about 20 right now) by not spending the $ or time to keep my performance up. So I signed up for a series of lessons and am going to attempt to return to the an index of 12.x or better.  That is the goal for 2014, an index <13.0.  I've only had 3 lessons so far but can see the difference in the videos and the numbers and believe I''m going in the correct direction.  A good thing to have confidence in your instructor.

Butch

This thread has prompted me to update my objectives :) [b]Objectivesfor 2013:[/b] 1. First official handicap - [b]achieved and now at the lofty heights of 24.9[/b] 2. Round with two 3 putts - [b]achieved 12/5[/b] 3. Four FIRs and GIRs, [b]achieved 12/3[/b] 4. No lost balls in a round - [b]achieved 19/5[/b] 5. Six 1 putts - [b]achieved 12/10 at my clubs annual Masters competition (I came 11th).[/b] 6. Score under 100 - [b]achieved 17/8[/b] 7. Enter first competition - [b]achieved 6/4 (with a massive medal score of 116!)[/b] 8. Under 40 putts per round - [b]achieved 30/3[/b] 9. Round with no quadruple bogies - [b]achieved 27/10[/b] 10. First handicap drop - [b]achieved 18/8[/b] 11. First chip in - [b]achieved 20/5[/b] [b]Objectives for 2014[/b] 1. Handicap under 20 2. Score under 90 3. 5 FIRs and GIRs - [b]achieved 20/10[/b] 4. Under 30 putts 5. First Eagle 6. Develop and reliable and consistent swing. 7. No three putts in a round [b]Objectives for when Hell freezes over[/b] 1. handicap uner 10 2. Round at even par. 3. Hole in one. 4. Win my first tournament - [b]achieved....TWICE! :)[/b] Regards Mailman

Mailman

1. Play 150+ rounds (175 rounds 2013)
2. Index below 2.0 (low was 2.5) and keep for several updates
3. Break 70 (71 was low last year)

4. Turn 50 in 2014 - so win both Club and Senior Club Championship (finished 4th in Club Championship in 2013)

5. Win Couples Championship

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

1. Play more golf

2. Get better

3. Have more fun

Driver:     TaylorMade Jetspeed, stiff

Fws:        Taylormade RBZ 5 wood

Hybrids:   TaylorMade RBZ Stage 2 rescue 3H

Irons:      Callaway X2 Hot Pro

Wedges:  Cleveland CG16 54*/14

Ping Glide WS 58*

Putter:     TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs

Become more proficient with keys 1 thru 3.

Improve putting and short game

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Get index below 3

Improve overall putting

Play at least 5 new courses (for me starting with poppy hills)

Learn to control emotions better on course (too much peaks and valleys)

Get daughter back into this game (her choice of course)

Driver fitting

Trackman session

Refinish clubs

Possibly new shafts for irons.

New shoes (Eccos or Addidas)

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

1. Become far more consistent: ~ Hit more GIRs. Must improve this in order to lower my scores. ~ Reduce 3 putts - likely can't eliminate them, but limit to 1 per round. ~ Consistently play without making the dreaded "triple or worse" blow up hole. 2. Take more lessons to help achieve goal of improving consistency. 3. Reduce handicap to a 12. 4. Have fun doing it.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Trying to keep it fairly simple this year:

1. Be a consistent 95 - 105 scorer.

2. Break 100 at my "unicorn" course.

3. Enter the local city tournament and not finish last.

4. Get an official handicap.

In my bag:

Driver: Covert Performance
Super Hybrid : :nike: 2H - 17* Covert Performance

Irons: :nike:Covert 4I - PW

Wedges: :nike:X3X Wedges (52*, 56*, 60*)

Putter: Method Core 1i

Ball: :nike:One RZN

Upgrading Always.

1. Post 3 tournament rounds of even par or better. (2 par tourney rounds last year)

2. Post at least 1 tournament round under par. (0 under par tourney rounds last year)

3. Upgrade irons including club fitting- (I know this one will get accomplished :dance: )

4. Improve putting in general, specifically the 8-15 ft range.

5. Improve bunker play.

I've been taking some time to think about my goals this year.  I didn't post any in 2013 because I wasn't really sure how much I'd get to play... but I know that 2014 will be a golf-filled year... at least for the first half of the year.  So... my goals are below:

1. Win a tournament. I've spent 4 of the last 6 years entering tournaments, both by signing up for county tournaments and by joining clubs.  All of them have been either full handicap or have used flights.  Over that time, I have come close... but never won a tournament.  I did post the lowest score in one tournament back in 2010, but because of club rules (I had to post 3 rounds with the club first, and this was my 3rd round with them)... I was not eligible to win that one.  I finished second in a match play club championship a few years back, also.  So... my plan is to enter and play in approximately 10-15 tournaments this year... hopefully at least ONE of them will yield a win.

2. Finally finish a round with less than 30 putts. I've had this same goal now for a few years.  I just can't seem to put a round like that together.  I think the lowest I've ever had was 31 putts in a round.  I will have a lot of practice time early on in 2014... I plan to spend a lot of that time on my putting.

3. Reduce my handicap to below a 14.0 level. A few years back, I started at around a 23.0 handicap.  I said then that I really wanted to get it lower.  By the end of that year... I was down to a 16.7 handicap.  The following year, I played only until July... then I got a new job that took away a lot of my time for golf.  In 2012, I barely played at all... playing 2 full rounds, a scramble and a pair of 9 hole rounds.  Last season, my handicap steadily went up... and I finished at 18.1 for the year.  I want it to be a great year for me.  To do that, I need to lower my handicap pretty significantly.

4. Become a better driver of the golf ball. I waste so many shots recovering from poor drives.  I've spent the last few years working on becoming a little more consistent... but I'd like to hit at least 50% of fairways.  Right now, over my last 20 rounds, I've hit 39.43% of fairways.  There's about a 20% difference in hitting a green in regulation for me when I'm on the fairway over when I've missed the fairway.  This will immediately improve my scoring.

Beyond that... my primary goal is to have fun.  I love this game.  It's shaping up to be a very good year for me... I hope to take advantage of my move down south.

Until the 2014 recap...

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

1. Break 90 2. Handicap index 20 or better 3. Consistently (at least 1x per month) upload a video to evolvr (by which I also mean that I have done the work to make a new video worth uploading).

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Here are some good ones for me:

1. Get clubs fit

2. Establish official handicap

3. Hit fairways 50% in one round

4. Card one round with no 3-putts

5. Compete in first tournament

And, if any of those seemed too easy ....

6. Not swear audibly.

1.  Ambitious but get to HI of 1.

2. Finish a tournament round.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Note: This thread is 3447 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!