IGNORED

The KyleAnthony Golf Opera Thread

KyleAnthony
Note: This thread is 3646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't see why it matters what the thread is called. It's been around for a bit and has enough posts where the title is irrelevant because people know what's here. Either day I see it bothers some people so I think I'll just limit myself to my swing thread and reviewing this thread for info

It' probably doesn't matter a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.  But I guess you could say my issue is that this thread gets an inordinate amount of attention.  The question I have is, "why"?

Plenty of folks have swing threads that they update semi-regularly and they get attention, feedback and advice.  This thread, as it exists now, is basically just a daily/weekly blog or musings from a site member with nothing really unique being added to the site.  That's fine and dandy, but I think the reason why it still gets attention is because it started as operation scratch, and eventually single digits, and then was revived somewhat because you were going to get a lesson.  But there hasn't been much follow-up to that lesson, other than more blog musings.

Come to think of it, I sound envious of the attention.  So, I digress...and unsubscribe.

Cheers :-)

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I overheard whispers that this thread was getting exciting again.. sounds like we are getting to the climax and I don't want to miss it. I will keep my opinion to my self, but here I am subscribing again!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@KyleAnthony ,

If all you want is attention, then this thread was a huge success for you.  If you want to improve at golf, then this thread is absolutely the wrong way to go about it.  I know you will not take this advice, but take the priority piece that @mvmac has given you and work on that in the practice method that was shown to you.  THEN you will improve.  Otherwise, this is just a self-help session with free psycho-analysis and you will not like the diagnosis.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Plenty of folks have swing threads that they update semi-regularly and they get attention, feedback and advice.  This thread, as it exists now, is basically just a daily/weekly blog or musings from a site member with nothing really unique being added to the site.  That's fine and dandy, but I think the reason why it still gets attention is because it started as operation scratch, and eventually single digits, and then was revived somewhat because you were going to get a lesson.  But there hasn't been much follow-up to that lesson, other than more blog musings.

I read this thread for the entertainment value.  It has the flavor of looking at a car wreck on the side of the road.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

So to wrap things up. I played two rounds today. Dropped my handicap to 9.6 so I achieved my goal. Now close the thread

For Sale: Ping i3+ 2i-UW

Callaway X Hot Driver

Callaway FTI Driver

Odyssey Versa Black/White LH Putter

So to wrap things up. I played two rounds today. Dropped my handicap to 9.6 so I achieved my goal. Now close the thread

You should update your handicap in your profile. Unfortunately, the name of the thread is no longer "Operation Single Digits. . ." which would have made sense given this new data. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Handicaps don't update until the 15th..... Now you have 10 days to maintain it. Maybe take the next 2 weeks off? ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

• Administrator

You played two rounds by 12:45? Sure Kyle. You have a very weird view of the world and the people who have tried to help you. But I'm gonna stop talking before you bad mouth me again.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've played 2 rounds in just about 4 hrs before. It was late morning, on a week day, and I was a single on a wide open course. So, it is possible to play 2 rounds by noon... Just sayin'

• Administrator
I've played 2 rounds in just about 4 hrs before. It was late morning, on a week day, and I was a single on a wide open course. So, it is possible to play 2 rounds by noon... Just sayin'

It is. I just doubt he did. Or that he's a 9.2.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I've played 2 rounds in just about 4 hrs before. It was late morning, on a week day, and I was a single on a wide open course.

So, it is possible to play 2 rounds by noon... Just sayin'

I have too (and then some). At the club where I used to be a member I used to start at daylight and play as much as I could until the 12:30 game. Sometimes as a single and sometimes with a partner but almost always with nobody else on the course besides us.

Didn't keep track of a handicap but I'm fairly certain I never would have lowered my handicap by 5 or 6 on any of those mornings. ;-)

While it's possible you did play two rounds and you did drop your handicap to a 9.6 just as this thread was falling to pieces, I highly doubt it.  You had a great opportunity here and you let your ego get in the way and messed it up.

I don't feel bad for you as much as I do the next kid that comes on here and really wants to improve but gets skeptical responses instead of supportive ones because people will remember how you conducted yourself here.

• Upvote 4

Joe Paradiso

I don't feel bad for you as much as I do the next kid that comes on here and really wants to improve but gets skeptical responses instead of supportive ones because people will remember how you conducted yourself here.

I'd like to think that this thread demonstrates exactly how supportive our community can be, in spite of everything.

I see no reason why the next person couldn't come along and have a successful "operation" thread. I still think we would lend our help and support (unless their demeanor dictates otherwise).

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I'd like to think that this thread demonstrates exactly how supportive our community can be, in spite of everything.

I see no reason why the next person couldn't come along and have a successful "operation" thread. I still think we would lend our help and support (unless their demeanor dictates otherwise).

We have a great community here, but Kyle received a lot of support and free lessons from it and acted in a very ungrateful manner.  I was thinking of the saying, "Once bitten, twice shy" when I made my comment, as people may be more hesitant to lend support until they know more about the person.

Joe Paradiso

We have a great community here, but Kyle received a lot of support and free lessons from it and acted in a very ungrateful manner.  I was thinking of the saying, "Once bitten, twice shy" when I made my comment, as people may be more hesitant to lend support until they know more about the person.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think it is true. People will probably bail faster if they find out a guy is "unworthy," but I think they will be just as willing to offer help. Call me an optimist :-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

More bullshit.

Why not just say that you hit 7 OB, had 45 putts but still had 81.

I'm calling you a scratch golfer.

Congrats, man.

You've rubbed people up the wrong way, got thousands of dollars worh of free advice and now you're barking commands at admin? You are a scratch level jerk. Seriously.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Is it weird that when Kyle texts that I picture Jimmy Fallon saying it?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Is it weird that when Kyle texts that I picture Jimmy Fallon saying it?

You guys text each other? :hmm:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3646 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!