IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

Woods does mirror work. Should not surprise anyone though. We’ve been saying use a mirror here for ages  

• Like 2

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

TWoods never reveals much, but we get little snippets of his process here. 

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 hours ago, Slim_Pivot said:

Devils advocate: I do think Jack deserves credit for preserving body mind and spirit to accomplish longevity and set the record. Because Tiger didn’t- he gets a pass of “oh he broke his body, or he would’ve set it”.

Those are strong and probably unfair words-but there is debate over whether it was self inflicted or his back just wore out.

I guess if you think Sean Foley's swing instruction is responsible for the serious back injuries, then you could say it was self-inflicted by Tiger.

There is no question the adultery scandal was self-inflicted, but that was only about a two year period (early 2010 through 2011). He won 8 times in 2012-2013 and was by far the #1 ranked player on the planet in summer 2013, which was around the time the back injuries started. 

I like the fact he is in control of his own golf swing now. No more instructors to give him questionable ideas he might not even trust on the golf course. He's the only one who knows what is comfortable for his back situation at this point, so it makes sense for him to be his own coach. 

On 4/20/2019 at 9:57 AM, nevets88 said:

TWoods never reveals much, but we get little snippets of his process here. 

Awesome post. Thanks for that. 

I always thought Chris Cuomo helped him build a swing that wouldn’t hurt his back anymore or just not nearly as bad. I suspected he was still in the background. I guess I was wrong about that.

One hypothetical I thought about was what If he never had marriage problems, stayed w/wife happily? Maybe he would have had what, 3 years before the injuries started piling on? Maybe he even would have put more wear and tear on his body had he kept playing. He would have run into his back problems regardless. It is what it is and his past makes the victory that much more phoenix from the ashes like. 

• Like 1

Steve

All of his final round full swings in a short clip. No, this does not get old. Never.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

All of his final round full swings in a short clip. No, this does not get old. Never.

It's a travesty that the forum doesn't allow me to give this infinity likes

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Colin P.

I am fine with this. More time for Game of Thrones. 

• Like 2

Steve

9 hours ago, nevets88 said:

I am fine with this. More time for Game of Thrones. 

So it’s GOAT or GoT for you?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

I was waiting for his next scheduled tournament, but Japan in October is not what I expected.

www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-commits-to-inaugural-pga-tour-event-in-japan/amp

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

3 hours ago, Zeph said:

I was waiting for his next scheduled tournament, but Japan in October is not what I expected.

www.golfdigest.com/story/tiger-woods-commits-to-inaugural-pga-tour-event-in-japan/amp

Tiger has more than earned the right to play whenever and wherever he wants, but it would be less than optimal if he broke Snead's career PGA wins record in a no-cut, short-field, mediocre strength, overseas event.

Edited by brocks
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, brocks said:

Tiger has more than earned the right to play whenever and wherever he wants, but it would be less than optimal if he broke Snead's career PGA wins record in a no-cut, short-field, mediocre strength, overseas event.

Hopefully he will have broken it with another two majors by then!

• Like 2

- John

11 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

From your keyboard to the Golf Gods' ears.

Edited by brocks
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

I'd like to see him win the PGA Championship to tie Snead and then break the Snead record at Jack's Memorial event. That would be a pretty appropriate place to do it. 

21 hours ago, brocks said:

Yeah. And the Jackers would say, ‘ Imagine how many more wins Jack would’ve had if he played overseas more often!’

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

"Just sorta having that little glimpse of red in your eye?," McIlroy said. "A hundred percent. I mean, he knows that he intimidates people and it’s like, ‘I’m going to make you feel my presence."

McIlroy also suggested that Woods' Sunday fashion choice may have subconsciously aided his confidence by hearkening back to memories of past dominance. 

tiger-intimidate-rory.jpg&w=1200&h=628&c

On his Golf Channel podcast with Carson Daly, McIlroy said Woods "a hundred percent" does certain things with intimidation in mind. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Even Woods' boat is intimidating. OK, not a boat, ship.

Steve