IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

1 hour ago, mvmac said:

Another swing of Tiger's from yesterday.

That looked much more aggressive through the ball. Probably just a very gradual slow warm up for the clinic.

I agree with those who say chipping isn't big deal. He was fine (even if not great) when he went to Augusta and his back was likely still an underlying issue.

Edited by natureboy

Kevin

He still doesn't seem to be swinging 100%, I'm not sure if that's his new swing speed or if he's still being careful with his back.  

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

He still doesn't seem to be swinging 100%, I'm not sure if that's his new swing speed or if he's still being careful with his back.  

Why risk it in a clinic? Still much more aggressive with the longer club than the 'soft' swings in the other vids from the session.

Kevin

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 hours ago, iacas said:

Colbert might be entertaining but betting the Rose episode will be pretty boring, like one of his CEO interviews.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Add "Chapter 2" to the Tiger Woods word cloud. Oooh, the logo in inverse. My eyes, my eyes! They're bleeding. :-D

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

So I take this answer as between 15 and 17?

Steve

To me, Tiger is saying he will get more than 18.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Yukari said:

To me, Tiger is saying he will get more than 18.

Ditto.

I've also reversed my previous opinion. I now believe the guy is clearly on drugs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Ditto.

I've also reversed my previous opinion. I now believe the guy is clearly on drugs.

Yea, he's obviously out of his mind.

At the same time though, delusional thinking perhaps helped him get as far as he did in life. Sure, it was really his talent and hard work that did it, but a totally delusional mindset that he was the greatest could've really helped him out when he had his C- and B- game out there. 

Plus (and this is perhaps only peripherally related, but), Butch Harmon and Jack have often used this delusional, pumped up sense of self-confidence on either their students or themselves in order to play better. This seems connected to that. 

So, I'm not surprised he refuses to change that line of thinking to a logical "well, I'm obviously old and washed up, so I doubt I do it" type thing, even though that's clearly the reality when you look at his diminished results and all the injuries he's got.

And rehabbing injuries like the one he has is tough. It's a day-to-day grind where you can easily get down on yourself. It really helps to have a belief that there's light at the end of the tunnel and that all this mind-numbingly boring work is going to pay off big in the end. I can understand why he still holds onto this delusion, if only for peace of mind.

Many of us (myself included) have no doubt made fun of the posters who come on here and ask us if they'll ever make it on tour. "I've been playing for a year and I just shot 39 on my home course's front nine. Can I make it?" And we all rightly shoot them down because they're out of their minds. Tiger is obviously firmly in that territory now as far as ignoring the reality of his current abilities. But I really think there's something to be said about living one's life in a pink cloud of delusional self-belief. If nothing else, it can be the fuel that gets a man up in the morning. It could be the simple difference between, say, ordering a cheeseburger or making a plate of egg whites for yourself.

But in terms of your "he's on drugs" statement, what are those drugs that make you think you can fly? He's probably on those :-D

Constantine

Rose: Do you believe you’ll get 18 majors?

Woods: To be honest with you, no. 

Rose: You don’t? 

Woods: No.

Rose: You’ve accepted that?

Woods: I’ve accepted I’m going to get more

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/woods-still-believes-hell-break-nicklaus-record/

- Shane

Holy cow, there's no way I thought he'd think > 18 so more than none and less than 18 was my thinking. Now he's going to have to answer to this and that will put more pressure on him. 

Steve

12 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Holy cow, there's no way I thought he'd think > 18 so more than none and less than 18 was my thinking. Now he's going to have to answer to this and that will put more pressure on him. 

Time is flying by Mr. Woods.

- Shane

24 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

I think that's more about him projecting confidence and less about him 100% believing that it is reality. If he admitted that he didn't think he could do it anymore then people would question his comeback even more. 

• Upvote 2

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

4 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I think that's more about him projecting confidence and less about him 100% believing that it is reality. If he admitted that he didn't think he could do it anymore then people would question his comeback even more. 

I agree completely, I would never expect him to project anything less than total confidence. I'm not sure he's ever really shared his true feelings in interviews, but with the launch of his newly logo-ed (is that a real word) conglomerate, I expected he'd be even more outwardly confident than ever.   Personally, I prefer real honesty in interviews, but I don't really expect it from anyone in the public eye.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I like it, people that think he's nuts have it all wrong, he smiled and laughed, he knows it's unlikely, but giving up is for wimps, saying "No" would have been lame, he's Tiger and he should be showing some bravado even now, he's earned it.

It's stuff like this that makes him continue to be likable.

Edited by MrDC