IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

1 hour ago, DeadMan said:

I don't know if I believe that. The person in the video could be a stunt double.

Agree with Deadman, but even moreso - that is not a proof of life video, it could have been filmed at any time. Put a copy of todays NY Times, or have todays GC morning drive playing in the background.

• Upvote 1

Players play, tough players win!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Agree with Deadman, but even moreso - that is not a proof of life video, it could have been filmed at any time. Put a copy of todays NY Times, or have todays GC morning drive playing in the background.

Seriously?

I'll take your post as sarcastic, @Wally Fairway. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

Wait, he put that date there 4 months ago just for this exact scenario! Woods, that con-artist.

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 10.47.25 AM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'll take your post as sarcastic, @Wally Fairway. :-)

Actually it was more like I was trolling.......

3 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Wait, he put that date there 4 months ago just for this exact scenario! Woods, that con-artist.

Screen Shot 2016-02-24 at 10.47.25 AM.png

hey look I caught one!

Players play, tough players win!

What I wouldn't give to have one of those Sims in my crib.  I'd be a scratch golfer for sure.

• Upvote 1

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Wait, Tiger doesn't feel like he has to keep every one up to date on his progress??  That is how he has always been..

Then when he finally does post a video, just to shut people up, they claim its a fake from months ago?  Yikes...

I really hope Tiger comes back and competes again this year.  Would be great for the game.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Photo of Woods w/Tony Finau last night. Hey, Secret Tour Pro - what the hell?

Reveal hidden contents

This must be photoshopped, stock photo, something--but it's clearly BS.  Tiger isn't even walking yet.  Plus we know Tiger is a cheap a$$ who would never pick up a check.

Spoiler

:whistle: let the Tiger hater/homer rage fly!

2 hours ago, DeadMan said:

I don't know if I believe that. The person in the video could be a stunt double.

Tiger truthers!  That's fantastic.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

7 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Tigerboner. sorry guys, i have one.

Sick but funny.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

9 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Tigerboner. sorry guys, i have one.

He does look good in shorts.  The PGA needs to allow them on the tour!

Tony  

14 minutes ago, k-troop said:

If you all didn't get it, my tongue was planted firmly in cheek with that post.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

Actually it was more like I was trolling.......

hey look I caught one!

Doh, clearly my sarcasm radar is broken. :-P

Someone already did a swing breakdown photo:

post-78804-0-73617000-1456325569_thumb.p

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

49 minutes ago, k-troop said:

This must be photoshopped, stock photo, something--but it's clearly BS.  Tiger isn't even walking yet.  Plus we know Tiger is a cheap a$$ who would never pick up a check.

Reveal hidden contents

If he did pick up the check you know he didn't leave a tip.  

Joe Paradiso

14 minutes ago, colin007 said:

he looked a bit stiff but not bad at all.  those breakdown pics are from different angles.

When I first watched the video I thought he looked stiff.  But his actual swing looked pretty fluid.

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

Well since it was his own restaurant, what does picking up the check even mean?

Tony  

1 hour ago, Gunther said:

What I wouldn't give to have one of those Sims in my crib.  I'd be a scratch golfer for sure.

It's on my list of wants for when I get a house -- a room to make a "golf room," which will eventually include a sim.  I haven't spec'd anything, and I'm tempted to move it from "want" to "need" on my list, making the extra bedroom with a sufficiently high ceiling a priority. 

12 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

We all know that Tiger has learned His lesson about being too friendly with cocktail waitresses. ;-)

11 minutes ago, pumaAttack said:

Well since it was his own restaurant, what does picking up the check even mean?

Comping the meal, maybe?  It isn't unheard of for management (or a restaurant owner) to buy someone's meal. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

15 minutes ago, Shindig said:

Comping the meal, maybe?  It isn't unheard of for management (or a restaurant owner) to buy someone's meal. 

Well I know what it literally means.  I was more talking about Tigers cheapskate reputation.   He paid for a meal that the profits go back into his pocket.  He really didn't pay for much there...

Tony  

21 hours ago, newtogolf said:

Biggest reason for Steinberg to lie is to protect Tigers endorsement deals which he gets a percentage of.  Tiger is either going to play again or retire.  He left his return open ended so there are no expectations on when he might be able to play, it's really a non-issue. 

I wonder if retiring will have that much effect on his endorsements.  Arnie has been retired forever and still ends up pretty high on the endorsement list.  Of course that was a different world back then.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only