IGNORED

Tiger Woods Master Catch-All Discussion

Valleygolfer

1 hour ago, David in FL said:

I'm pretty sure that Tiger can still take The Donald.

Unless, of course, his glutes stop firing.  Then all bets are off!  :-P

It depends on how many strokes Tiger gives the Don.  Am guessing he would have asked for at least two strokes a hole:-P

What's in the bag

• Taylor Made r5 dual Draw 9.5* (stiff)
  • Cobra Baffler 4H (stiff)
  • Taylor Made RAC OS 6-9,P,S (regular)
  • Golden Bear LD5.0 60* (regular)
  • Aidia Z-009 Putter
  • Inesis Soft 500 golf ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, David in FL said:

I'm pretty sure that Tiger can still take The Donald.

Unless, of course, his glutes stop firing.  Then all bets are off!  :-P

I hate it when my gluteus don't fire. ;-)

- Shane

30 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I hate it when my gluteus don't fire. ;-)

Wouldn't you want both to fire? What is the plural anyway, gluteus maximi?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
7 hours ago, StefanUrkel said:

Guess the statistical studies show being apolitical is always best for a famous person's brand. Could be wrong though

He played golf with Obama too.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I hope if the Donald wins at match play (you think a negotiator like him will not get a good spot?)  Tiger doesn't start claiming he really won on a stroke play basis.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Ogilvy on Woods:

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Tiger's Blog: My goal remains to win

This year, I'll start my season at the Farmers Insurance Open and then head to Dubai for the Omega Dubai Desert Classic. Next up will be the Genesis Open followed by The Honda Classic here at home. 

This is quite the beginning of the year for Tiger.

Jan. 26-29, Farmers Insurance Open
Feb. 2-5, Omega Dubai Desert Classic
Feb. 16-19, Genesis Open
Feb. 23-26, The Honda Classic

Four tournaments in five weeks, where one is in Dubai, nine time zones east. He will get a week off after that before Genesis Open and The Honda Classic. If he stays healthy and nothing interrupts his plans, Tiger fans are sure to get a lot to watch the following months.

He's still tinkering with clubs:

I'm still testing clubs and trying to find the best ball-wood combo. What people don't realize is that Bridgestone made the Nike golf ball for a number of years. It's a great ball and making the switch wasn't that hard. I'm really excited to join the Bridgestone team. For now, I'll probably stick with some of my old Nike equipment, and use my Scotty Cameron putter. I'm also proud to be working with Monster and look forward to the things we'll do together.

Should be an interesting start to the year.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much of an answer in regard to heavy schedule. His non answer skills have not waned.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Looks like he's decided on a new driver?

Steve

3 hours ago, nevets88 said:

Looks like he's decided on a new driver?

The TGR logo on the headcover is the only time I've seen it where it actually looks like tiger claws. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

Others are speculating that he has bought a stake in TaylorMade.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
11 hours ago, iacas said:

Others are speculating that he has bought a stake in TaylorMade.

The others were wrong. It's nothing more than an equipment deal.

This is a weird dynamic, not just Tiger, but Jason Day, etc. Head to toe Nike… but throughout the bag, TaylorMade (mostly).