IGNORED

Bubba Watson....Fan or not a fan?

inthehole
Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

10 members have voted

1. 1. Bubba - fan or not ??

• Yes
    • No

I didn't vote because I'm neither when it comes to Bubba. I don't cheer for him or against him.

When watching golf as a fan I have four categories of players:

Those I'm pulling for and hope they win.

Those I don't care for and hope they don't win.

Those that I really don't care one way or another but they are exciting to watch.(Bubba)

Those that I really don't care one way or the other and they are not exciting to watch.

For me Bubba is just fun to watch! I'd rather see one of my favorites win but I'm not upset or going to bash him or the players that I don't care for when they do.

Who ever it is that wins played the best and deserves congrats.

So, Congrats to Bubba, he got the job done!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

OK folks.  If we want to argue about religion and religious beliefs, we should be moving that to the Grill Room .  Please take care not to take pot shots at each other about religion in the Tour Talk section of the forum.

Thanks.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is fine and I do agree with the sentiment in regards to raw emotion/words. However, I think there's a fine line where a player should not cross and keep their mouth in check. You can't sit there and belittle your caddy over every last thing that goes wrong. You're the one sponsored, you're the one making final decisions and executing the shot. You're also the one holding the big check.  I said this before, but I'll say it again. If he's going to jump on his caddy as if his caddy is costing him money, he needs to thank his caddy first when he wins. If he's playing that large of a role in your success, you need to realize the road goes both ways and pay him his dues.

That is spot on. I don't like the way he handles himself, walks with a strut, ugly swing too. Cry baby all around. Even with that I picked him to win in the Masters Contest, my score was to low to take yet Cobra driver home though. Why did I pick him? Because his game is on now. Still not fan in any aspect.

I'm a fan.  I love his playing style and his love for creative shots and shaping the ball.  He can come across as a prick on the course but that doesn't bother me too much.  I think he is completely different outside of the tournament conditions and off the course.  You're playing for a lot of money and you have to be fully vested in what you are doing. A caddy-player relationship is unique to those two people and doesn't have to make sense to anyone but them - Think of two brothers- They know each other better than anyone else - can't you see blaming your brother in the moment because you didn't fully commit to a shot - then later looking back and realizing blaming him may have been wrong?... but you were venting - he knows that, you know that - in the end you're all good and you fully trust him... Bubba fan - and a fan of his caddy.

Player-Caddy relationship, I believe in this case it's a one way deal, if his caddy would have replied " the club Is correct, but you can't hit behind the ball" and then they both smile wryly, then it would be a two way, and entertaining.

I voted yes.  How can you not be fan of Bubba's?  Great golfer with a home grown swing.  He is "Duck Dynasty" with a golf club.

And unfortunately, both Bubba and Duck Dynasty have the same views toward certain groups of people. Which makes me not a fan of either....

I'm a fan, when I watch the golf on TV, I want to see some exciting golf, non standard shots etc. and Bubba provides it!

The caddy situation is abit distasteful, but it's probably like most sports, once they get off the course, I'm sure there's no ill feelings, he's clearly happy with his job and has been with Bubba for a long time, so they're probably on more than good terms.

It'd be boring if everyone was like Luke Donald or something!

Player-Caddy relationship, I believe in this case it's a one way deal, if his caddy would have replied " the club Is correct, but you can't hit behind the ball" and then they both smile wryly, then it would be a two way, and entertaining.

Not sure I follow...  I was saying the only two that need to understand the dynamics of the player caddy relationship is the player and the caddy... just because you didn't hear the caddy respond doesn't mean anything...  They each play their roles and as long as they understand how their relationship works then that's all that matters regarding that player-caddy relationship.  It may be that being a sounding board may be what Bubba's needs from his caddy?.  I wouldn't agree with that approach but if it works for both of them then that's what works for them...  Each player needs different things from their caddies...  Some players like a caddy that talks and keeps them lose, others need a caddy that will help them read every putt, some need a caddy that help them with course management etc....  to each his own...

P.S.  I like a caddy that keeps my beer on ice and hooks me up when I'm empty... just me (but not the best for my game)...

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

I have to give him some credit because I don't know how he does it with that homemade swing, but I voted no because he is such a dick to his caddie when he makes a mistake, particularly on the greens.

I was rooting hard for the kid yesterday. Spieth had some regrettable body language, but at least he wan't blamng someone else for his trials.

I have to say that I dislike Bubba. Why? I hate the way he feeds us this crap about Jesus.

Religion is a bit like having a willy. Great if you have one but don't go around shoving it down other people's throats!

We had Zack doing the same at the '07 Masters and Webb Simpson doing it at the 2012 US Open.

They thank their Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, for their success.

What about the other poor clowns who play every week against them? Does Jesus hate them when Bubba or Zack or Webb win? It's like, if you don't have Jesus, you ain't gonna make it!

Also, Bubba came over to France to play on the European Tour a few years ago and behaved like a spoilt idiot.

He said it would be his last time playing in Europe.

How I wish he hadn't lied to us! (Hope Jesus didn't pick up on him there or he'll never win again!) :whistle:

In my humble opinion, he's a gifted golfer but an absolute moron!

• Upvote 1

I can't be a fan of anyone that uses religion as an excuse for prejudice.

And unfortunately, both Bubba and Duck Dynasty have the same views toward certain groups of people. Which makes me not a fan of either....

Well I wouldn't want to turn this simple fan pole into a grill room conversation but I don't have to agree with someone on every issue to be a fan.  Plus I would have to say I have never heard Bubba say anything that would justify the above.  Maybe he did, but if so I sure never heard it.

Butch

I have to say that I dislike Bubba. Why? I hate the way he feeds us this crap about Jesus.

Religion is a bit like having a willy. Great if you have one but don't go around shoving it down other people's throats!

@Golfing Paddy ,

I laughed hard the first time I read this.  Then I read it again inserting an Irish accent, which I assume you have, and laughed even harder!

• Upvote 2

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

We had Zack doing the same at the '07 Masters and Webb Simpson doing it at the 2012 US Open.

They thank their Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, for their success.

What about the other poor clowns who play every week against them? Does Jesus hate them when Bubba or Zack or Webb win? It's like, if you don't have Jesus, you ain't gonna make it!

Also, Bubba came over to France to play on the European Tour a few years ago and behaved like a spoilt idiot.

He said it would be his last time playing in Europe.

How I wish he hadn't lied to us! (Hope Jesus didn't pick up on him there or he'll never win again!)

In my humble opinion, he's a gifted golfer but an absolute moron!

+1

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

@Golfing Paddy,

I laughed hard the first time I read this.  Then I read it again inserting an Irish accent, which I assume you have, and laughed even harder!

Thanks, Boogielicious.

You're right about the accent but, when it's not in print, I might use a stronger term than willy! :censored:;-)

Not a fan.

Id rather watch Billy Mayfair parade around in a speedo with olive oil smeared all over him that watch Bubba cry.

:tmade: Stealth2 driver, 3 hybrid. :ping: G410 Fairway  :titleist: 5-AW  :vokey: 52/56/60 SM9

:tmade: Spider Tour X putter

:snell: MTB Prime X, :adidas: Tour360 22

Has anyone posted this link yet? I actually gained a lot more respect for Bubba while watching this video. Please, ignore the stupid "Bubba leaves generous tip" part of the article and skip to the video. He's actually really likable in my opinion. I was previously 50/50 on him, but I'd say I'm won over as a Bubba fan completely.

Bubba surprises Golf Channel with a Green Jacket visit.

Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!