IGNORED

Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Haha, thanks!  I was just going to ask how to check to see if mine does this.  Stay tuned ... until later when I'm home and can check it out. Unrelated:  I have to be home by 6pm to meet the guy giving me the quote for a synthetic putting green in our backyard.:banana:

No dice. :(. There is no similar function on the s95 so looks like it's only a 30fps no matter what. [quote name="Lihu" url="/t/74880/video-logs-vlogs-of-you-playing-golf-post-your-own#post_996752"] [QUOTE] You and EJ are the greatest. I was going to waste $400 just to do this one function.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE]  [/QUOTE] [QUOTE] I'm going to ebay or Best Buy to get one of these cameras![/QUOTE] [/quote]amazon had used ones for under $100.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Y'know, I'm almost positive @Zeph did this once a few years ago.

Yea he did, but he posted it in the now defunct Swing Bay forum, which was private, and that was back when there were only like ten supporters, so probably just you and me saw it.

Sean Miller did a couple vLogs before his disappearance as well if you'll recall. They're on his swing thread.

It appears likely though with the great crew we have here now that this will take off this time around :-)

Constantine

Here is the flexible tripod mount attached to the handle of my push cart that was used to do this.

Do you have any trouble with the swivel ball joint at the top being too moveable? It is on mine and sometimes when I think it's set up to record it starts swiveling over and all I end up with is a video of the ground.

I put some black electrical tape around the ball joint and that helped but I'm not sure if mine is defective or if other people have that problem.

One other thing that is valuable is a decent memory card, I think mine is like 16GB. It says I can record 80+ minutes of HD video. @MS256 I have not had any problems with that yet...

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

@jamo I found @Zeph 's old VLog. I'm glad I thumbs'd this up because I was able to find it in a second:

Looks like it got moved to Instruction and Playing Tips when the Swing Bay went bye-bye.

Constantine

Y'know, I'm almost positive @Zeph did this once a few years ago.

Next time I play 9, I'll set up my Casio on a tripod. As long as I turn it off between shots, I should have enough battery to last me, and everything's small enough that weight shouldn't be an issue.

Yup. I think it's in my swing thread. Had a terrible stance that day, iirc. :-P

Edit: Ah, @JetFan1983 found it. Thanks!

I like this idea of VLogs and I'll get on this next time I'm at the course. How about some comments after shots or a little small talk? Not that we have to make it an hour long, but a few tidbits here and there on how that shot went.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This is part 2, the second nine that I usually play.  There is a third nine hole course, but I don't like to play it usually.  I will do a VLog of it something though.  OK guys, your turn!

• Upvote 1

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

This is part 2, the second nine that I usually play.  There is a third nine hole course, but I don't like to play it usually.  I will do a VLog of it something though.  OK guys, your turn!

This is friggin coool!!!  I'm gonna need to work on my video editing skills. I'm too excited about this :dance:

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

This is as close to a blog as I've come yet :) [VIDEO]http://youtu.be/eQRYqORfWF0[/VIDEO] Regards Mailman
  • Upvote 1

Mailman

• Administrator

Took a practice swing and started playing. No warmup putting, etc. Was mostly trying to get Natalie out again.

Swing slid back a bit from the other day when I was doing some rehearsal downswing things. Club steepens a bit on me, and then pivot out of the way without truly getting Key #2 (it's not bad, it's just not great).

Only one ball cut, though the toe hits are indicative of that pattern.

Nat was done after the sixth hole, so I played the last three in a bit of a rush to get home. Not a very good excuse. Just is what it is. She hit some foam balls at home and we worked out her issue (she tends to get her weight forward by moving her head forward, not her hips). Same old, same old for her…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree with 3putter, enjoyed watching your vid, you are gettin good at this video stuff, and not to bad at golf either...Nice work.

Took a practice swing and started playing. No warmup putting, etc. Was mostly trying to get Natalie out again. Swing slid back a bit from the other day when I was doing some rehearsal downswing things. Club steepens a bit on me, and then pivot out of the way without truly getting Key #2 (it's not bad, it's just not great). Only one ball cut, though the toe hits are indicative of that pattern. Nat was done after the sixth hole, so I played the last three in a bit of a rush to get home. Not a very good excuse. Just is what it is. She hit some foam balls at home and we worked out her issue (she tends to get her weight forward by moving her head forward, not her hips). Same old, same old for her…

Great round! Probably a 34 or better with some reads on the last few. Hopefully Nat still had some fun. Thanks for showing us how it is done!

Nate

• Administrator

Great round! Probably a 34 or better with some reads on the last few. Hopefully Nat still had some fun. Thanks for showing us how it is done!

On 8, I just goosed it a little. 34 only if I two-putt the last. I caught it half a groove heavy, which is why the first putt was so long. Even five feet shy of the hole I thought it was only rolling out three feet long. It kept going. :)

Oh well. I snuck a few in earlier. And the tee shot on 3 wasn't actually great, but it worked out.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I need to do this just because I think my course is so interesting.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

On 8, I just goosed it a little. 34 only if I two-putt the last. I caught it half a groove heavy, which is why the first putt was so long. Even five feet shy of the hole I thought it was only rolling out three feet long. It kept going. :)

Oh well. I snuck a few in earlier. And the tee shot on 3 wasn't actually great, but it worked out.

Nice. Whispering Woods looks good, look forward to getting out there later this summer.

Used my iPhone and ProtoSports attachment, oy vey bad camera work today. Next time I'll have the phone further away or use the Casio, I didn't have a lot of time so I didn't check my phone for what the videos looked like.

Played pretty good, my favorite nine at Bernardo Heights CC is the back nine so that's what I played. 3380 yards, I shot 35 and didn't have any of my big push shots. If anything I was slightly pulling it. "Shot of the day" was the low hook hybrid on the 13th hole, take a suck of that Bubba. Best strike was the tee shot on 16.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Nice. Whispering Woods looks good, look forward to getting out there later this summer.

Used my iPhone and ProtoSports attachment, oy vey bad camera work today. Next time I'll have the phone further away or use the Casio, I didn't have a lot of time so I didn't check my phone for what the videos looked like.

Played pretty good, my favorite nine at Bernardo Heights CC is the back nine so that's what I played. 3380 yards, I shot 35 and didn't have any of my big push shots. If anything I was slightly pulling it. "Shot of the day" was the low hook hybrid on the 13th hole, take a suck of that Bubba. Best strike was the tee shot on 16.

Very nice.. You and Erik make golf look pretty easy!  Thanks for sharing!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Very nice.. You and Erik make golf look pretty easy!  Thanks for sharing!

QFT.

Great round @mvmac !

Nate

Just finished a round, will have the video up in a few hours. FWIW, it was probably one of the least enjoyable rounds of golf I've ever played. I woke up with a stomach ache, and felt like absolute shit the entire round. I couldn't stomach breakfast, so I was hungry the whole time. And to make it worse, I was eaten alive by mosquitoes on the first four holes before I went to my car to grab bug spray. Like Joba Chamberlain in Cleveland bad before the spray, and barely tolerable with it. I was also hitting behind a guy dressed in full Heisenberg gear spraying fertilizer on the green, and now I've got a pounding headache. That's all to say: I had absolutely zero feel for my swing. (I don't mean these as excuses or complaints or anything. I played bad because I played bad. Just giving some background.) The only reason I shot +2 37 was because it was a really, really easy course. Anyway, that'll be up in a bit. Also: my voice is the absolute worst. I'm cringing the whole way through the edit.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 1012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!