IGNORED

"Lowest Score Wins" by Barzeski and Wedzik

iacas

• Administrator

Waiting for the electronic version

You may be waiting forever.

It's simply not a priority.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Why?

I thought I read a few months back that an electronic version may be in the works?

I wanted to read it at the workplace. The big bad boss frowns upon books, but is totally cool with everyone doing whatever they want on their tablet/computer during off time.

It's simply a visual thing.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

I thought I read a few months back that an electronic version may be in the works?

I wanted to read it at the workplace. The big bad boss frowns upon books, but is totally cool with everyone doing whatever they want on their tablet/computer during off time.

It's simply a visual thing.

I have zero financial affiliation with the book so....

You're a regular poster on this site so I assume golf is important to you. The best advice I can give you to help you shoot lower scores right now is to get the book and read it during your free time. It'll easily be the best $30 you've ever spent on golf.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Ummmm ... That is odd.

It's like this. His boss (President) and some clients had seen some employees reading books/magazines before just passing by their office...the Pres wasn't pleased. So my boss decides to do away with books/magazines but allow everyone to do whatever they want on their tablets/phones/computers. It's simply visual, the big wigs want it to appear that we are constantly doing work, even when our work is done/we have some off-time.

Edit: I'm getting pretty off-topic though. I always planned on getting it. I'm just not a big reader, especially on my free time. The last thing I want to do on my free time is read...in fact, 95% of the time I post here is at work.

Joel Holden

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Ummmm ... That is odd.

It's like this. His boss (President) and some clients had seen some employees reading books/magazines before just passing by their office...the Pres wasn't pleased. So my boss decides to do away with books/magazines but allow everyone to do whatever they want on their tablets/phones/computers. It's simply visual, the big wigs want it to appear that we are constantly doing work, even when our work is done/we have some off-time.

Edit: I'm getting pretty off-topic though. I always planned on getting it. I'm just not a big reader, especially on my free time. The last thing I want to do on my free time is read...in fact, 95% of the time I post here is at work.

I took photos of pages I wanted to read on my smartphone and tablets. There aren't many pictures, so if someone plonks their face in your screen, all they'll see is text. Or you can make physical copies of pages and make it look like you're reading printed e-mails.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crim

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Ummmm ... That is odd.

It's like this. His boss (President) and some clients had seen some employees reading books/magazines before just passing by their office...the Pres wasn't pleased. So my boss decides to do away with books/magazines but allow everyone to do whatever they want on their tablets/phones/computers. It's simply visual, the big wigs want it to appear that we are constantly doing work, even when our work is done/we have some off-time.

I took photos of pages I wanted to read on my smartphone and tablets. There aren't many pictures, so if someone plonks their face in your screen, all they'll see is text. Or you can make physical copies of pages and make it look like you're reading printed e-mails.

You are 'wicked smaht' as we say in Boston.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

......that's genius......

:beer:

Joel Holden

Haha, I did this one day when I went to the course because I wanted to do a putting drill wanted to make sure I set it up correctly and only wanted to bring my putter, balls, and tees.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Finally got my finger out...........my copy is on its way!

You will not regret the purchase.

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

My book arrived last week. Planning on taking the book to work to read in my car at lunch times. Ive read the first 5 pages and I can tell I'm going to learn alot from this.

You may be waiting forever.

It's simply not a priority.

Smart move.

Otherwise, you'll find that everyone has a copy, but not everyone has bought a copy ;-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Is there anywhere to buy this in Canada? I went to the ebay link but it comes to  $50 US.  That's pretty steep for a book.  My local library has a bunch of golf books but apparently not this one.  How about a downloadable or online version ? It is 2015 after all.

Is there anywhere to buy this in Canada? I went to the ebay link but it comes to  $50 US.  That's pretty steep for a book.  My local library has a bunch of golf books but apparently not this one.  How about a downloadable or online version ? It is 2015 after all.

My suggestion is for you to agree with 4 or 5 of your buddies and make one big order. That way you might get a discount and you will save on shipping for sure.. If not then consider getting 5 copies and giving the other 4 away as gifts maybe? That's exactly what I did.. It is the last book you will need to buy in my opinion in terms of showing you step by step on how to improve and just laying everything out for you to become a better golfer.. Good luck!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

So for the cost of one round of golf (or less) you are unwilling to buy this book?

There were enough hints dropped in various threads here that I ended up buying the book. Even if you spend $50 it will help your game more than you imagine, I thought I was an old dog that knew course management and shot values pretty well. I was wrong. Way wrong.

Get the book. Rationalize that you traded one round of golf for the book now, to make golf more enjoyable in every round going forward.

It is that big of a deal. And I'm a relative newbie here with nothing connected to the folks who run this website---

Steve

$50 may seem steep however the learning and improvement gained far outweigh the $50. I live in Australia and I paid $76 for it. Was it worth it ? Yes ever cent. Why because it showed me a blue print in how to improve MY GAME and how to play it. The reason for a physical book is control of copywrite plus it fits nicely into your golf bag. Plus with digital content other providers take a massive cut on the back of others work that being the authors.

Remember its just a game.....more serious than life and death.

A bit of a success story,

So I was on my golf trip and this new guy who joined us on the trip was having trouble all week. He decided to go to a golf school in Florida the week before and learn a new swing. He was clearly struggling with ball striking and having a lot of stuff going on his head with the new swing.

So on the final day before the round he was warming up at the range. He was hitting everything to the right with poor contact. So the first thing I did was get him to swing slower to at least get some sort of contact. He started to hit a consistent 10-15 yard cut. I told him for the round to basically swing at 70% like he was currently doing and and to aim 10-15 yards left on every shot he hits and not worry about hitting it straight on the course. Basically a bit of shot zone theory to help him out. I wanted him to play well, he was struggling a lot the previous days.

In the end he shot the best round of the week. He cut 8 strokes off his average scoring for the week.

Basically, Lowest Score Wins = Immediate improvement in scoring. :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping: