Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unforgiven93

I got an albatross today!!!

24 posts in this topic

I have to share this story - super cool. One of my buddies wanted to go out and play today, I decided to because I don't get to see him much. The only reason I was reluctant was because I just finished playing in the Indiana Amateur and I was a little "golfed out" if you know what I mean. Boy am I glad I decided to play. It was on the par 5 12th. 542 yards, basically straight, turns a little right... playing down wind. Hit my drive up the right side of the fairway, high and dead straight. I gunned 188 yards to the pin. Pulled my 8 iron, swung smooth but strong, looked up and it was going right at the pin. It bounced on the front edge, rolled about 6 feet, and plopped right in the hole. I couldn't believe it. This has been the best 6 days of golf of my life. A great finish in the Indiana Am, followed by this? Something is going right and I'm loving it. This shot kind of turned on my back nine, nearly firing a 29.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Wooooooo! But can I rename the thread "albatross"? :-)

Thanks guys! And is it officially an albatross? I didn't think it actually had a name. Go for it if you want :)

Wow. Just, wow. :-)

That's me, shooting 103 !!

Hey,, man that is excellent golf.  Hole in one can be all luck, not so the Albatross.

Outstanding! Wow.....!! What tees were you playing? Did you check with the course to see if it qualifies as the course record?

Outstanding! Wow.....!! What tees were you playing? Did you check with the course to see if it qualifies as the course record?

We were playing the white tees, so only 6000 yards total... I didn't check the course record, but I'm sure it is quite a bit lower than what I shot. That course has been around for probably 50 years or more. Wish I thought I was close though

We were playing the white tees, so only 6000 yards total... I didn't check the course record, but I'm sure it is quite a bit lower than what I shot. That course has been around for probably 50 years or more. Wish I thought I was close though

Congrats!!!

That's nice shootin'. Never had one of those.

Congratulations!!!

Now you need a CONDOR, which is a hole in one on a par 5.

I believe there are only two documented Condors in golf history. One was a par 5 with a severe dog leg and the player shot over the trees straight at the green and made it. The other was made by a long hitter in Colorado on a very high altitude course with a strong tail wind on a very straight downhill hole.

Congratulations!!!

Now you need a CONDOR, which is a hole in one on a par 5.

I believe there are only two documented Condors in golf history. One was a par 5 with a severe dog leg and the player shot over the trees straight at the green and made it. The other was made by a long hitter in Colorado on a very high altitude course with a strong tail wind on a very straight downhill hole.

Has anyone done that before???