IGNORED

John Feinstein and Tiger Woods

iacas
Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Just a little "master thread" for this topic - the two men and their distaste for one another.

John's been, frankly, a feminine product about Tiger for years now.

This continues: http://feinstein.radio.cbssports.com/2014/06/25/john-feinstein-blog-tiger-woods-never-a-truly-happy-person/ .

My comment:

Quote:

Typical Feinstein-on-Tiger.

Full of guesses, and continuing to grind the same old axe. The fact that half of your article was spent talking about THAT - why so many people feel you have some a grudge against the topic of your piece - and not about Tiger himself demonstrates this quite well.

You once got awfully pissy about Tiger having Phil putt out before him at Pebble Beach on your personal (now vanished) blog, robbing Phil of the spotlight for his victory or something. Yet when several of your facts were shown to be blatantly wrong (that Charlie Wi was still on the course and was capable of winning the tournament [i.e. Phil hadn't won yet] and perhaps even more importantly that Phil *asked* Tiger if he could putt out, among them), you had nothing to say. No retraction. No "oops, I let my hatred for Tiger get the best of me again." Not a peep. It was yet another one of your typical "Feinstein hates Tiger" columns. Just like this one.

I'm sure you've likely never seen him hanging around at his home with his children. Spending quality time with his dad prior to his passing. Or on vacation with Elin, or Lindsey, or any of his friends.

No, you are speculating and basing your "insight" based on how you THINK he feels while he's at his JOB. Additionally, when he sees YOU, I imagine his mood sours just a bit.

Justifiably.

I hate when Golf Channel brings Feinstein on. He offers little to no insight, and always has the bubbling under "Tiger sucks" feeling, that occasionally boils over.

I don't know "who started it" or why it continues, but I just really get pretty disgusted with Feinstein's behavior.

Read that article. Seriously, what's the ****ing point? Half of the time he's talking about Tiger fans trying to figure out why he hates Tiger. Cripes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

While he said he is not riding on Tiger's back for money or "being noticed"; in fact, he is with this article ... he knows he will get a reaction it will greatly increase the number of readers of his article ...

I think in the forum world we call people like Feinstein trolls ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Feinstein is a great a writer, clearly early on in tigers career they had a disagreement, call it a slight, a diss. They are both stubborn enough to carry it thru. feinstein and rightfully so is not going to pump up tigers tires. and tiger will continue to give the bare minimum to anyone in the press- unless there is an advantage to him or monetary. As a result only Feinsteins version of what exactly happen is out there. he eludes to it in one of his books..." The majors" ( great read by the way) Just the way it is and will be, especially between these two.

I think Feinstein is a going where the money is now. He knows writing about Tiger is going to bring people to whatever he writes, and I think he has not liked Tiger from the very beginning. So because he needs to write about golf (that is his job) so he MUST write about Tiger and so the article is bound to be a negative piece about Tiger. Tiger is still the biggest draw in golf, by orders of magnitude so to stay relevant he has to write about him, and his personal distaste shows.

Currently picking on Tiger is a pretty easy task. Since the incident he has won, but not a major, now the back, so he is not in the spotlight for what he used to be in the spotlight for.

Michael

• Administrator
Feinstein is a troll. I think that about says it, yeah.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If we could isolate the gene where we react to meaningless pieces and opinions that are meant to evoke, so many people would be unemployed.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

John Feinstein Blog: Tiger Woods Never A Truly Happy Person

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

My problem with him is that he just has no objectivity, and he won't admit it. [quote name="Spitfisher" url="/t/75452/john-feinstein-and-tiger-woods/0_30#post_1011571"] Feinstein is a great a writer, clearly early on in tigers career they had a disagreement, call it a slight, a diss. They are both stubborn enough to carry it thru. feinstein and rightfully so is not going to pump up tigers tires. and tiger will continue to give the bare minimum to anyone in the press- unless there is an advantage to him or monetary. As a result only Feinsteins version of what exactly happen is out there. he eludes to it in one of his books..." The majors" ( great read by the way) Just the way it is and will be, especially between these two.[/quote] I wouldn't necessarily say that. He gets good access and he's fine at outlining a story, but he's not an amazing writer. He picks good, undervalued topics, but he's not a world-beating storyteller.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Never been a big fan of Feinstein. I like Bob Harig....actually worked with Bob a while back and his articles and insight are very good. Rosaforte is good some of the time....other times he bores me to death.

You know what, as a Tiger fan, I'm not even mad at Feinstein. His opinion is worth exactly what I paid for it. Nothing. He does what he needs to do to survive, and what better time to push out this piece than Tiger's first event back.

I'm not even sure if I'd like Tiger as a person if I got to know him, but I think I'm smart enough to not make silly comments about a man I don't know. They say everyone is entitled to their opinions, but that doesn't make it any less moronic.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I've been in Feinstein's presence several times in various media rooms. I'm at least 90 percent convinced he's an a-hole.

Woods has been in some of those same places at the same times, but only to speak from a dais. I think he's also at least somewhat of an a-hole, but my confidence percentage wouldn't be nearly as high because I've only viewed him up close from that single, narrow perspective. Everything else comes via media of one type or another.

The issues between them go back to the very start of Woods' career, and I'm pretty certain the initial conflict was between Feinstein and Earl Woods.

The fact that these two egomaniacs detest each other and have zero inclination to bury any hatchets is not the least bit surprising.

John

Wow in one breath he says he dosen't know Tiger but claims the reason Tiger dosen't trust anyone becasue his dad cheated on his mom for years? WHAT THE HELL BRO???? :naughty: You dont throw another man under the bus like that.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Feinstein is a great a writer

Wow........I know it is off-topic, but the man is NOT a great writer....had some good ideas and found a few good stories to tell...but saying Feinstein is great writer to me is like saying Sly Stallone is a great actor...

Feinstein is certainly a douche....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Wow........I know it is off-topic, but the man is NOT a great writer....had some good ideas and found a few good stories to tell...but saying Feinstein is great writer to me is like saying Sly Stallone is a great actor... Feinstein is certainly a douche....

QFT. I have a pile of his books, my favorite is "A Caddy for Life", they're fine for what they are but calling him a "great writer" is an insult to great writers. John Irving is a great writer, Michael Chabon is a great writer, Wallace Stegner and James Michener are a great writers. John Feinstien is an "adequate" writer, no more and no less. He doesn't make spelling mistakes. If you believe him to be a "great writer" I lament your lack of exposure to great writing.

• Upvote 1

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3563 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!