IGNORED

I caddied at the Web.com Tour's Nova Scotia Open and umm..

Foursum Golf
Note: This thread is 3539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My guy won!

It was such an awesome experience. I wrote a long blog post about my experience that I'd love to share. There are a lot of pictures and videos embedded though, so it would be hard to copy and paste.

If it's ok with the mods, I will include a link: http://foursum.com/otd/caddie-experience-web-com-tour/

If you guys ever have the opportunity to caddie for a pro golfer.. do it!

• Upvote 1

Will W

Very nice!!!

What was your cut of the winnings?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very cool!

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Great story! What an experience.

Please don't response to the crass question by 14ledo81. - What was your cut of the winnings?

It's none of his or our business.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Great story! What an experience.

Please don't response to the crass question by 14ledo81. - What was your cut of the winnings?

It's none of his or our business.

I guess I didn't see it that way.  I apologize if @Foursum Golf of line.

@Foursum Golf , maybe he (the winner) will see you as his good luck..  Has he asked you to caddie any more?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Sweet @Foursum Golf !

Now we can call you a "looper"!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

That is pretty nice, I think that is some cool stuff. My question and I hope you don't mind - are there any contractual agreements for example regarding you speaking about your experience with him on this forum or other blogs and such? I mean did you discuss with him first that you are going to do your blog and post in forums, or is it a non issue.. I ask because I don't see many caddies talking about their experiences really and it is a shame because I think we can learn so much! Thanks

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I saw Roger alot on TV - dude's got game !   nice job

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Great read Will!  Congrats!

When you have a chance, I wonder if you could expand on this a litle bit:

Quote:
I let him know fairly quickly that I had never caddied before. I was worried that my lack of experience would be an issue but he didn’t seem too concerned. He let me know a couple of things that he likes his caddie to do and assured me that I’d catch on pretty quickly. My main goal was to stay out of his way and not throw him off his routine. I didn’t want to offer advice unless it was asked for. He is a professional golfer, after all.

Like, what were the "couple of things he likes a caddy to do?"  Did he consult you on strategy ever?  Or did you just carry the clubs and rake the bunkers?

This sounds like something that would be a lot of fun ... I wonder what the closest web.com tournament is to me? :-P

Wow! Congrats on you are player's win!

This is almost as good as a Tour Pro coming on here. I'm always interested in how the caddie feels after a win like this.

How much do you help him? Do you just give yardages? Do you suggest which clubs? Do you help read putts?

Are you like Phil and Bones? or like Bubba and his caddie, getting yelled at all the time. LOL

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I guess I didn't see it that way.  I apologize if @Foursum Golf sees it as out of line.

@Foursum Golf , maybe he (the winner) will see you as his good luck..  Has he asked you to caddie any more?

No problem at all! He hasn't asked me to caddie any more. He has a full time guy he regularly travels with. He had an family event and had to miss that week though. No complaints here!

That's awesome. I can only imagine the new appreciation you have for the game after being able to do that.

Absolutely. Those guys are GOOD.

Sweet @Foursum Golf !

Now we can call you a "looper"!

Love it!

That is awesome, he better keep you on his bag!

I was secretly hoping he would! I am batting 1.000 after all. :-)

That is pretty nice, I think that is some cool stuff.

My question and I hope you don't mind - are there any contractual agreements for example regarding you speaking about your experience with him on this forum or other blogs and such? I mean did you discuss with him first that you are going to do your blog and post in forums, or is it a non issue.. I ask because I don't see many caddies talking about their experiences really and it is a shame because I think we can learn so much!

Thanks

I don't think there are official contractual agreements but can't say for sure. I told him that I was going to write about my experiences and he was cool with it. He was a great guy.

I saw Roger alot on TV - dude's got game !   nice job

Thanks! He's a wicked player. So mentally strong.

Hey @Foursum Golf, wanna come caddie for me? I'll pay you in warm sincere handshakes and sunflower seeds...

If you can get me on Augusta or Pebble Beach.. we'll talk!

Great read Will!  Congrats!

When you have a chance, I wonder if you could expand on this a litle bit:

Like, what were the "couple of things he likes a caddy to do?"  Did he consult you on strategy ever?  Or did you just carry the clubs and rake the bunkers?

This sounds like something that would be a lot of fun ... I wonder what the closest web.com tournament is to me?

Thanks! He wanted me to always place his bag to the right of his ball. He didn't want to go looking for his bag after he nailed down a yardage. He wanted me to follow him onto the green so I could clean his ball after he marked it. Just things like that.

He did most of his own work in terms of reading putts and getting yardages. He would ask me what lines to take off the tee and where certain greens fell off though. He knew I knew the course well.

Wow! Congrats on you are player's win!

This is almost as good as a Tour Pro coming on here. I'm always interested in how the caddie feels after a win like this.

How much do you help him? Do you just give yardages? Do you suggest which clubs? Do you help read putts?

Are you like Phil and Bones? or like Bubba and his caddie, getting yelled at all the time. LOL

Ha! I'd say we were like Phil and Bones. See answer above in regards to your question about the work I did. I should also add I take credit for keeping him relaxed between shots! He was a great guy. We got along well.

• Upvote 1

Will W

Great thread, thanks.  Can you share a bit of detail about his shot preference.  Did he play the ball both way or did he stick primarily to a stock shot?  I checked his stats and looks like he is a decent putter.  Did you notice anything there?

In my bag

Driver:      SLDR 10.5*

Hybrids:   Taylormade RBZ Stage 2

Irons:       NikeVR PRO 4-PW

Wedges:   Nike VR Pro 50* 54* 58*

Putter:      2014 Newport 2

Ball:          E6

Great thread, thanks.  Can you share a bit of detail about his shot preference.  Did he play the ball both way or did he stick primarily to a stock shot?  I checked his stats and looks like he is a decent putter.  Did you notice anything there?

He worked it both left and right depending on the situation. What impressed me most was how he would draw or fade iron shots into greens.. and spin them towards the hole. It wasn't a ton of movement, but it was noticeable.

He is a very good putter. He is incredible from 6 feet and in. I think he might have missed one all week. He made a few 20+ footers as well. Made it look easy!

Will W

Note: This thread is 3539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!