IGNORED

Dustin Johnson taking a leave of absence from tour, Suspended for cocaine use

BENtSwing
Note: This thread is 3381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here are the facts as far as I have gathered so far.

1.  DJ has tested positive 3 times ( twice for cocaine )

2.  It has come out that he has had an affair with 2 other PGA wives

There aren't really many options left for people.

1.  They can come down hard on him (as I have done) - deservingly so in my opinion

2.  They can be on the fence until more information comes out or just stay on the fence and not comment- not sure what more we can wait for other than a formal apology

3.  They can be apologetic and just hope him the best and that he makes a speedy recovery without addressing either of the above 2 facts I mentioned

Edit:

4.  Or some sort of combination of the 3 above.. like saying "what he did is wrong"  - "I hope he does well".

I am assuming the only tone you are upset about is the 1st one, but this must be expected in a thread discussing the guys  suspension from the PGA don't you think?

There's another option:

5.  Find it mildly interesting but totally don't care.

I assume for every 1 Dustin Johnson there are a dozen other PGA pros who do drugs and or sleep around.  Why wouldn't there be?  They are young, rich, talented and given the opportunity to do these kinds of things on a daily basis.  Sure . .it's easy for me not to sleep with Jimmy Walker's wife.  Now . .cocaine I wouldn't do even if I had the opportunity (which I don't) . .but I'm older and wiser than DJ . .whose to say what I'd have done if I'd had money when I was his age?  Not excusing, sympathizing or condemning . . just don't really care.

• Administrator

http://taylormadegolf.com/tour-players/Dustin_Johnson.html

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://taylormadegolf.com/tour-players/Dustin_Johnson.html

Wow.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

He'll know who his real friends are after this.
  • Upvote 1

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Ugh, c'mon Dustin. This is just... I expected so much better from him. I still wish him the best and hope he recovers and gets healthy. I'm also rooting for one of the women to have been Elin.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Oh please don't let it be Amanda Dufner!!! I called dibs damnit!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'd be willing to bet good money that he won't win another PGA Tour event in his life.

I'd be willing to take that bet.

Maybe you'd write off all that talent & assume that this is somehow a death knell to his career, but I think that would be foolish.

Yeah, the thing about a cocaine suspension is that he can still play all the golf he wants.  He won't be in competitive form come February, but he certainly can be in form.

I guess the PGA of America honors this suspension?  Or does the Tour simply tell the players that any suspension will include the majors OR ELSE.

"Witty golf quote."

Oh please don't let it be Amanda Dufner!!! I called dibs damnit!

[quote name="Shindig" url="/t/76216/dustin-johnson-taking-a-leave-of-absence-from-tour-suspended-for-cocaine-use/180#post_1031118"]Ugh, c'mon Dustin. This is just... I expected so much better from him. I still wish him the best and hope he recovers and gets healthy. I'm also rooting for one of the women to have been Elin.[/quote]Up above some guys said wil Mackenzie's wife (the pic I posted) and jimmy walkers wife.

I'm also rooting for one of the women to have been Elin.

Caroline Wozniacki

Come to Europe Dustin, we'll have you. Our footballers have set such a benchmark over the last decade or so, that your own misdemenours look tame. In fact you'd be considered an apprentice.

We can cope with philandering druggies. Hell, even our two highest profile jockeys have been done for cocaine use in the last few years and they ride bloody horses under the influence!!! Our highest profile cricketer was sent home from a tour and is now a knight of the realm isn't he Sir Ian?

[URL=http://taylormadegolf.com/tour-players/Dustin_Johnson.html]http://taylormadegolf.com/tour-players/Dustin_Johnson.html[/URL]

Hey Webmaster. That should be a 404. Plus there's still this: http://taylormadegolf.com/ontour/taylormade-top-nav-ontour.html That is a not so good attempt at a "wipe". Unless it's in process.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I'd be willing to take that bet.

Maybe you'd write off all that talent & assume that this is somehow a death knell to his career, but I think that would be foolish.

I don't think it's about talent.

Given what a closed shop the PGA tour is, and that DJ has clearly stepped over a line, my question would be whether he can remain on the US tour. Drug abuse they can cope with, but shagging "PGA wives" (is someone going to explain to me why a PGA wife is more important than someone elses incidentally?). I suspect that once the coke thing has died down (and he's hardly the first sportsman caught up doing charlie) then its the philandering that will have the greater dwell time and do the damage

There's a couple of things here.

Will he be welcomed back. Will he want to? To say its going to be mighty uncomfortable for him in the uber-conservative world of the PGA is an under statement.

Might he not reckon a new life and a new start elsewhere in the world where the baggage doesn't hang so heavy? If I were him (assuming I want to stay in golf) I'd be thinking in those sorts of terms

Caroline Wozniacki Come to Europe Dustin, we'll have you. Our footballers have set such a benchmark over the last decade or so, that your own misdemenours look tame. In fact you'd be considered an apprentice. We can cope with philandering druggies. Hell, even our two highest profile jockeys have been done for cocaine use in the last few years and they ride bloody horses under the influence!!! Our highest profile cricketer was sent home from a tour and is now a knight of the realm isn't he Sir Ian?

*Cough cough..John Terry.[quote name="Ernest Jones" url="/t/76216/dustin-johnson-taking-a-leave-of-absence-from-tour-suspended-for-cocaine-use/200_40#post_1031119"]Oh please don't let it be Amanda Dufner!!! I called dibs damnit! [/quote] That would be hilarious, but it looks like Will Mackenzie and Dy-No-Mite.

Riley

Hey Webmaster. That should be a 404. Plus there's still this:

You are clearly a tragic indivdiual nevets88, but that was my first reaction too

It's much easier and quicker to take a URL down and send it to a 404 then it ever is to edit content. Can only assume that TaylorMade have got a heavy password protection and all sorts of red tape on that back end

If all this is true, what a douche bag, he lives in a world most of us only dream of and he throws it all away for what, drugs and a piece of a??.

Caught up with using drugs is bad enough but also cant keeps his hands off his fellow players wife's when there is a sea of woman out there.

Give me a break, all he had to say was NO!

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Note: This thread is 3381 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!