IGNORED

I think I bought fake Mizuno 825 pro, like really bad fakes.

Note: This thread is 3501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

These are really bad fakes.  If the OP had even seen the real clubs he'd have known the ones he bought were fake.  I'm not sure what legal remedies are available since the buyer got to inspect the clubs before purchasing them, at some point caveat emptor has to apply.

Nah, it's still fraud.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OP, I'm normally a pessimist but I'm trying to be optimistic and find a silver lining... some counterfeit clubs (and yours do look like counterfeit from the photos provided) have been tested as being almost as good as the original clubs they're copies of. This might be the case for you... you could try gaming them and see whether they're worth anything... or not.

I'm sorry that you weren't able to buy those clubs but you might want to try to involve the police and try to catch the guy for selling counterfeit clubs.

You can tell the clubs are counterfeit by looking at the insert in the cavity back. Like was mentioned, the real Mizunos have the bagde inside at an angle and the lines run around it... on one of the OP's clubs, the cavity back has a badge but it's missing the lines entirely on one side (or just appears that way because of the photo angle).

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

Wow, those are pretty bad. I've contacted Mizuno and let them know about this thread.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Of course they're fake ... it says "forged" right on the club!!!!

Booo... where is the thumbs down button.... I want to retrieve that thumbs up I gave you earlier...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Booo... where is the thumbs down button.... I want to retrieve that thumbs up I gave you earlier...

Oh c'mon it was funny. :D

On a side note, I never realized how prevalent counterfeit clubs were. They seem to be everywhere...

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

OP, I'm normally a pessimist but I'm trying to be optimistic and find a silver lining... some counterfeit clubs (and yours do look like counterfeit from the photos provided) have been tested as being almost as good as the original clubs they're copies of. This might be the case for you... you could try gaming them and see whether they're worth anything... or not.

I'm sorry that you weren't able to buy those clubs but you might want to try to involve the police and try to catch the guy for selling counterfeit clubs.

You can tell the clubs are counterfeit by looking at the insert in the cavity back. Like was mentioned, the real Mizunos have the bagde inside at an angle and the lines run around it... on one of the OP's clubs, the cavity back has a badge but it's missing the lines entirely on one side (or just appears that way because of the photo angle).

yeah, but even if they work ok, youve been ripped off - no one would pay $300 for counterfeit clubs.

Colin P.

Colin007 I agree, the OP's been ripped off... but he could try to make lemonade out of lemons instead of just writing off the purchase...

If he goes to the police with his complaint, they'll probably seize the clubs and he might get some $$ back after the judicial process is complete... might not.

If he reports them to Mizuno, they'll be interested possibly to know where the clubs came from...

He can't sell them so he's stuck with them.

Hopefully Mizuno sees the thread and tries to help him out

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

On a side note, I never realized how prevalent counterfeit clubs were. They seem to be everywhere...

It's a multi-billion dollar industry. [quote name="newtogolf" url="/t/77162/i-think-i-bought-fake-mizuno-825-pro-like-really-bad-fakes#post_1055254"]LOL, you're right.  I wonder if they still feel like butter (that was for you @Shorty ) [/quote]Like oleo.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Colin007 I agree, the OP's been ripped off... but he could try to make lemonade out of lemons instead of just writing off the purchase...

If he goes to the police with his complaint, they'll probably seize the clubs and he might get some $$ back after the judicial process is complete... might not.

If he reports them to Mizuno, they'll be interested possibly to know where the clubs came from...

He can't sell them so he's stuck with them.

Hopefully Mizuno sees the thread and tries to help him out

Agree. He at least has to get those crooks on the radar, if not, they will continue to sell counterfeit clubs, which is bad for everyone.

@ Sornypanafonic, Here's a link which may help - http://kickpointgolf.com/detecting-fake-clubs-mizuno.htm

Mizuno Golf Club Verification
In this section we have some specific information about how to verify Mizuno Golf Clubs and determine authenticity. We gathered all of this information by going to Mizunos website and seeing what they had to say about verifying their golf clubs. We also called them and got as much information as we could.

From what we have saw, mizuno has the most complains about fake golf clubs on the market. We believe this is because of the process of adding serial numbers to their clubs. Clubs that are assembled in the US do not following the same standard as clubs from the rest of the world so people get a set of Mizunos and they think they are fake just because there is no serial number. However, this is not always the case. The rest of the world actually puts the serial number on the side of shaft, just under the grip. We think they do this just make things confusing.

Fake clubs are almost never forged because the process is too complex. You can test if the iron is forged by looking for bag chatter or small dings in the iron head. Or you test forged irons by bending them, with a bending machine, if you have one available. If the clubs bend easy, they are forged iron. If they do not bend easy, they are cast iron. So clubs that are Grain Flow Forged can be tested to determine they are forged, which is much less likely to be faked."

• Serial Number Location on Club: In the US there is a serial number on their clubs on the hossel, Laser engraved. In the US, serial numbers are on every set made in the last 8 years. The rest of the world puts the serial number on shaft, under the grips, and if it’s a custom set a custom order number directly on the ferrule in gold lettering.
  • Phone Number to verify Serial Number: 1-800-966-1211
  • Where are clubs manufactured: Cast Iron Mizuno golf clubs are made in China, Forged Irons are made in Japan and China and all are assembled in the US, if sold in the US. They also have several other places around the world where clubs are made.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

his pics that are supposedly fake have forged written on them instead of pro.Im not familiar with mizunos but is it possible he got another type of 825s?Are there just plain forged 825s and pros or is there just pros?

I don't know how Mizuno products look outside of North America but here Mizuno released the 825's (cast) and 825 Pro's (forged).  There weren't any 825 Forged.

Joe Paradiso

I scared the guy into giving me my money back. I bluffed that I had his plate number. He had also called me with his business number and it was easy to find his contact info. Just checked Craigslist - the dirtbag has posted them up again - http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/spo/4668381089.html when I bought them he had his grandpa act on, this morning he was full douche. I'm going to call Mizuno Monday morning and offer his info - full name, plate number, home and business address, phone numbers. I have a feeling he does this regularly. Thank you guys for being of help in this ordeal!

I scared the guy into giving me my money back. I bluffed that I had his plate number. He had also called me with his business number and it was easy to find his contact info. Just checked Craigslist - the dirtbag has posted them up again - http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/spo/4668381089.html when I bought them he had his grandpa act on, this morning he was full douche. I'm going to call Mizuno Monday morning and offer his info - full name, plate number, home and business address, phone numbers. I have a feeling he does this regularly. Thank you guys for being of help in this ordeal!

Good for you! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I scared the guy into giving me my money back. I bluffed that I had his plate number. He had also called me with his business number and it was easy to find his contact info. Just checked Craigslist - the dirtbag has posted them up again -

http://newyork.craigslist.org/stn/spo/4668381089.html

when I bought them he had his grandpa act on, this morning he was full douche. I'm going to call Mizuno Monday morning and offer his info - full name, plate number, home and business address, phone numbers. I have a feeling he does this regularly.

Thank you guys for being of help in this ordeal!

That's good, usually these types of situations don't have a happy ending.  If you're right handed you have to be really careful buying from unknown sources, there are a number of fake clubs out there on CL and Ebay.

Most of the fakes I've seen look much better than the ones you bought so it can be really tough to tell.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3501 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!