IGNORED

I am calling you out as a non-golfer IF.........................

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What did you do with the under garments in this situation? And how exactly does the golf towel play in ... on second thought, don't answer that question.

I have played with an upset stomach where I thought this might be a possibility, but I was able to get through it. I did play with a hungover friend once, who left chunks of his hot dog at the turn in the woods and then in the fairway on another hole.

It happened on my friend’s birthday when we took him to play. The 5th year anniversary of that event is this year and we are playing the same course, same guys. I hope to god my intestines cooperate.

The garment and towel were left by the base of a tree, opposite the side facing the fairway. I was just being considerate and didn’t want anyone to roll up on that scene. You know – just using golf etiquette.

All of the Clorox-2 in the world with an industrial washing machine couldn’t have saved that pair of underwear.

The golf towel, may it rest in peace, was a gift from my kids.

I was wondering about that as well.  Really hoping he meant dress socks and saddle shoes with shorts, maybe???

ah yes, i was.  i can see how the distinction should be made.  however, i like to wear athletic socks with athletic shoes, despite golf being relatively un-athletic.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The garment and towel were left by the base of a tree, opposite the side facing the fairway.   I was just being considerate and didn’t want anyone to roll up on that scene.  You know – just using golf etiquette.

I really hope you retrieved that stuff later and threw it in a trash can.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Although I do appreciate the dialog, I did not want to be rude by not responding. It seems that when I respond to a post such as yours, it either gets deleted, I get warned or I get restricted from the thread. And that’s okay – life goes on.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Ferg

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadMan

Although I do appreciate the dialog, I did not want to be rude by not responding.   It seems that when I respond to a post such as yours, it either gets deleted, I get warned or I get restricted from the thread.  And that’s okay – life goes on.

Thanks, and have a nice day.

Ferg

Again, stop playing the victim card and stay on topic.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Again, stop playing the victim card and stay on topic.

Hey, I’m new here and I’m not playing a victim card. Sorry for not being current on the posting subtleties of someone that has posted thousands of times. As you would agree, explaining the dynamics and aftermath of crapping one’s pants on a golf course could have gone in many different directions - I was trying to prevent that whole discussion.

I admit to going off about Kuchar’s Dad; and I went a little overboard.

It was something that pissed me off.

One question:

Please help me to understand why I just got a warning to stay on topic for politely not responding to a question that would have taken the thread off topic (the cleanup and aftermath of crapping my pants)? It just seems a bit counterintuitive to me.

Thanks in advance.

Ferg

• Administrator
Please help me to understand why I just got a warning to stay on topic for politely not responding to a question that would have taken the thread off topic (the cleanup and aftermath of crapping my pants)?    It just seems a bit counterintuitive to me.

The off-topic stuff is in bold:

Although I do appreciate the dialog, I did not want to be rude by not responding. It seems that when I respond to a post such as yours, it either gets deleted, I get warned or I get restricted from the thread.  And that’s okay – life goes on.

Enough, @Ferguson . You've never been punished nor had a post deleted for responding to someone's post with on-topic comments. You never will be.

If you wish to respond further to the moderation, send a PM as it does not warrant further public, off-topic discussion.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You are not going to want to play in France or parts of Germany, Italy, Switzerland, or Austria at all lol

Or your round of golf at Caves Valley is paid for by the member ($250) and he wants to stop for a sandwich at the turn,

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

• 1 month later...

I'm calling you out as a non-golfer if you don't turn your phone to silent or vibrate during a round of golf.   LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

You haven't played a twilight round in Phoenix, AZ in late June.

My friend and I made the turn at 9. He respectfully bowed out when he realized that the thermometer in the clubhouse said 114 degrees. I was only 5 over - great for me - so I told him I was sticking it out. By the end of 18 I had sun poisoning so bad that I had to ask my wife to pick me up because I was vomiting every five minutes due to electrolyte loss. I spent the next 8 hours on the couch puking in a spaghetti pot wondering why I hadn't brought more Gatorade and snacks and put myself through that crap to end up shooting in the 90s. Hint - dizziness and nausea add strokes to your score!

A couple of summers ago, we teed off at 11:00 am on a lovely July day in Parker, AZ when the temperature was 119 degrees (and climbing).  It hit around 123 by the time we finished.  I was nearly blacking out after my tee shots on the back nine.  Also played a weekly 9-hole summer league last year in which we teed off at 4:00 pm.  During most of July and August, it was somewhere between 110-115 degrees at tee time every week.

I'll gladly play in the heat, but I guess I'll call myself out as a "non-golfer" because I hate playing in the cold (i.e., anything below about 55 degrees).  Fortunately, that's only an issue for a month or two out of the year!  I can't stand golfing in a jacket, wind shirt or anything else with long sleeves.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

....you wear denim on the golf course

....golf hasn't caused the demise of at least 2 major relationships (although I guess this is age-conditioned)

....if you use the term "ladies tees"

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

......  If you think 90 degree rule refers to the temperature outside - limiting you to only playing if it's in the 80's or lower

......  If you think ready golf is a breach of good golf etiquette

• Upvote 1

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

My friend and I made the turn at 9. He respectfully bowed out when he realized that the thermometer in the clubhouse said 114 degrees. I was only 5 over - great for me - so I told him I was sticking it out. By the end of 18 I had sun poisoning so bad that I had to ask my wife to pick me up because I was vomiting every five minutes due to electrolyte loss. I spent the next 8 hours on the couch puking in a spaghetti pot wondering why I hadn't brought more Gatorade and snacks and put myself through that crap to end up shooting in the 90s. Hint - dizziness and nausea add strokes to your score!

You might be called a non-golfer if you don't know how to stay properly hydrated playing in the heat :-P Sun poisoning..NOT  ...............dehydration, yes!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

....golf hasn't caused the demise of at least 2 major relationships (although I guess this is age-conditioned)

....if you use the term "ladies tees"

I'm definitely not a golfer.

No denim here...but I don't take it seriously enough to ruin friendships/relationship, and those red tees are the women's tees.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

No denim here...but I don't take it seriously enough to ruin friendships/relationship, and those red tees are the women's tees.

Hell, I've even worn denim late and early in the season when it's been cold

silly me - I thought a non-golfer would be someone that doesn't "play golf"

this entire thread is insulting and just ANOTHER childish "pet peeve" thread  - too bad, I think Buckeyenut started it to see if people could come with wry and funny contributions

Bill - 

I guess that there are no golfers on one of the courses I joined this year.  Even though most of them play in blue jeans quite often, and they contributed much of the machinery and labor to build the course, all of these farmers and ranchers who love the game that much couldn't possibly be golfers if they wear denim to play.  Or show up at the course in the same clothes that they wore all morning on the tractor, and will head back there again after their 9 hole golf break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slice of Life

Hell, I've even worn denim late and early in the season when it's been cold

silly me - I thought a non-golfer would be someone that doesn't "play golf"

this entire thread is insulting and just ANOTHER childish "pet peeve" thread  - too bad, I think Buckeyenut started it to see if people could come with wry and funny contributions

Some of it is done in good humor, but a lot of it is just a way to look down your nose at others from a lofty pinnacle of self-righteousness.

Nothing wrong with denim in the right setting.

Never lost a relationship due to golf

The red tees are usually, but not always, the "forward tees" on courses which have them.  Many don't even have red tees.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

and those red tees are the women's tees.

I have no problem with calling them the forward tees, but if you still call them the women's or ladies' tees, I won't bat an eye. Honestly, I just refer to them by their color and care more about what yardage they end up making the course than what specific color I think I should be playing.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Note: This thread is 3093 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!