IGNORED

Rank the Golf magazines

Tailgater
Note: This thread is 3467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have always been loyal to Golf Digest. Are there any golf magazines that are better? How would rank them?

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Funny.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

Funny.

But true...

Feel is not real ... and what people have found over the years with instructional articles is that the pictures and the text do not match.

That's why it's best to video as much as possible.. you may feel you are doing it one way, but the video says something else... tough game, this golf.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't use any of  them except maybe on a very rare occasion. Last time I may have looked at one was probably in the doctor's waiting room.  But, if I had to pick one,  I would go with which ever one had the fewer advertisement pages in it. I don't think any of them could beat "Golf For Dummies" for plausible information.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I have always been loyal to Golf Digest. Are there any golf magazines that are better? How would rank them?

I don't subscribe, but view them all only line each day.  I would say the Golf Digest is better with regards to new equipment announcements and it also has the Loop, which can have some fun news.  Golf seems a bit more corporate.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I subscribe to both Golf and Golf Digest.  They were gifts from my wife for Christmas.  I read them for pure entertainment, like was previously posted, the information gained needs to be personal not generic.  Once in a while you'll find a little gem.   Of the two, I like Golf better than Golf Digest.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

I only read them when there's an issue in front of me and I don't feel like using my smartphone. Which is almost never. These days YouTube and Twitter and FB is where I get my "golf news", there are usually photos of old school magazine articles there. More and more, I'm reading short form less and video is taking over for everything.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I've gotten Golf Digest but I don't think I've ever pid for it. Comes free with many training aids and softspikes. SI Golf Plus is kinda like the best of Golf Mag.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I avoid all of them ...

Yeah. I'll page through one in the dentist office, but that's about it. Of the 2, I guess I "like" GOLF a little better than Golf Digest.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

The best golf magazines imo come out of the UK, I subscribe to them on my iPad.

In the US, I like Golf Week and GOLF

Joe Paradiso

When I first started playing golf my daughter gave me a subscription to Golf Digest as a gift.

After reading the first few issues it was obvious to me that one person's "tip" in one issue was on another person's "don't do list" in the next issue.

After the subscription expired I never bothered to keep it.

This is about the only one I care to view. It is distributed free... the cart girl section causes most of the circulation... among male golfers

http://www.myavidgolfer.com/issues/2014/1410agdfw/amber-taylor.aspx

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The only one I get is Golf Digest because it keeps coming every year whether I subscribe or not. I hardly look at it, especially the lessons and tips. I will read the occasional articles covering the Majors, but that's a bout it.

I used to like Golfweek, but I let the subscription slide. I have enough to read as it is.

Bill M

I am beginning to detest many magazines. the past several years their fonts sizes have gotten smaller and smaller and often the contrast makes it even tougher. Some rocket scientist thinks printing an article on top of a photo or graphic is the thing to do. I know my eyes are going and I wear glasses, but it is still ridiculous. I notice none of the advertisers do it, simple, concise high contrast script.- gee I wonder why?

I am generally a fan of golf digest and have been for decades.

I generally read the articles. Lately the issues feature majors have been anything but, a few pages and that's it. One piece I enjoy looking at and no matter what I always take something away from it. It the one page "rules" section- where they'll be a little article of the rules and then a multiple choice quiz.Occasionally there will be 10 or 20 questions about golf with a celebrity or pro that I find interesting, lee Trevino for example was very enlightening.

I am beginning to detest many magazines. the past several years their fonts sizes have gotten smaller and smaller and often the contrast makes it even tougher. Some rocket scientist thinks printing an article on top of a photo or graphic is the thing to do. I know my eyes are going and I wear glasses, but it is still ridiculous. I notice none of the advertisers do it, simple, concise high contrast script.- gee I wonder why?

I couldn't help but smile when I read that. :-D

My wife thinks that the hole in a sewing needle has gotten smaller in the last few years. LOL

I don't need reading glasses because I'm near sighted but I figure it's the same feeling I get when I look across a baseball field from the outfield fence to home plate and think it's a Hell of a lot longer throw than it used to be.

• Upvote 1

Note: This thread is 3467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!