IGNORED

2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm telling you, he has Super Bowl tickets.  All he wanted to do yesterday and today was get some extra practice in (and lower all of our hopes as far as possible) and then he's gonna party the rest of the weekend. ;)

Does that mean I should fly to Vegas and see what the odds of him making the cut next week are? ;-)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm telling you, he has Super Bowl tickets.  All he wanted to do yesterday and today was get some extra practice in (and lower all of our hopes as far as possible) and then he's gonna party the rest of the weekend. ;)

This is almost too sad to joke about.

My prediction is that he will retire from competitive golf by the end of 2015, but may make occasional appearances in majors.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I'm not one to come on here and say I told yall so...so I won't. but this is even worse than I expected. I think there is at least a 80% chance that Tiger is retired from competitive golf within 18-24 months. He isn't one to be humiliated like this and I don't think he'll continue playing much longer.
  • Upvote 1

This is almost too sad to joke about.

My prediction is that he will retire from competitive golf by the end of 2015, but may make occasional appearances in majors.

I'm not one to come on here and say I told yall so...so I won't. but this is even worse than I expected. I think there is at least a 50% chance that Tiger is retired from competitive golf within 18-24 months. He isn't one to be humiliated like this and I don't think he'll continue playing much longer.

I'd like to rebut you guys here but ..... I really got nothing.  It is sad.  It's clear from how people talk about him in practice and on the range that this has to be entirely in his head.  I guess you could also say that perhaps that is the good news.  If (big "if" but still an "if") he could get his mind right, he could turn it around ... but yeah, it sure doesn't look good at this point.

I'm not one to come on here and say I told yall so...so I won't. but this is even worse than I expected. I think there is at least a 80% chance that Tiger is retired from competitive golf within 18-24 months. He isn't one to be humiliated like this and I don't think he'll continue playing much longer.

So then don't bring it up at all. Listen, whether you realize it or not, Tiger's success benefits you, not just the Tour or other pros. Him doing well benefits you personally.

Colin P.

Chamblee is just eating this up. Poor Notah...

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

TGC is interesting sometimes. Arron Oberholser is pretty much saying that Butch Harmon is the only guy that can help Tiger (hat in hand was the phrase used) while Chamblee is like, uhh, no, lots of people are capable of helping him. Talking heads time!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

It's funny, all the talk surrounding Tiger's struggles. If he weren't Tiger, nobody would care about a player that missed a second straight cut since coming back from injury. He's a victim of his own success.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

If Woods plays like this all year will he retire?

I played very poorly for 4 months and couldn't take it so I quit. I can't imagine Tiger being able to tolerate it much longer than that. He doesn't sound very upset.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

TGC is interesting sometimes.

Arron Oberholser is pretty much saying that Butch Harmon is the only guy that can help Tiger (hat in hand was the phrase used) while Chamblee is like, uhh, no, lots of people are capable of helping him.

Talking heads time!

Chamblee seems to blame Como for his short game woes and Notah Begay says it's not that cut and dry.

Sadly this is what golf broadcasting has become - rather than show players on the course they will dissect Tigers round.

I don't dislike Tiger (I'd love for him to be in contention), but I've come to hate the way that the media dominates coverage of Tiger as if that is the same as covering golf.

Players play, tough players win!

If not, surely he will contemplate retirement - this can't be much fun for him.

Yep, he's made his money ... maybe it's time he just kicks back and retires gracefully.    He can easily blame the back thing - no one will blame him based on his injury.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

It's funny, all the talk surrounding Tiger's struggles. If he weren't Tiger, nobody would care about a player that missed a second straight cut since coming back from injury. He's a victim of his own success.

You're talking a out a nightmare that has lasted about five years ( with a couple of breaks), not a second straight missed cut.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

You're talking a out a nightmare that has lasted about five years ( with a couple of breaks), not a second straight missed cut.

My point is that he's become more like an average PGA Tour pro now, minus the 5 wins per year and all that, yet he's still scrutinized like the Tiger of old. He had 8 wins in the last 5 years, and really just in the two healthy years. Plenty of pros would love 8 wins their whole career.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Sadly this is what golf broadcasting has become - rather than show players on the course they will dissect Tigers round.

I don't dislike Tiger (I'd love for him to be in contention), but I've come to hate the way that the media dominates coverage of Tiger as if that is the same as covering golf.

This is pretty much how I see it as well.

But the main reason I responded is that I am assuming you have to be the same Wally Fairway that posts on RCMB.....Go Green!

Note: This thread is 3523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!