IGNORED

2015 AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 3367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Sneds win with a driver and putter worth less that $40 on the trade in. Love it

Β Β :sunmountain:Β eco lite stand Bag
:tmade:Β Sim 2 Max driver
Β :callaway:Β MavrickΒ 20 * hybrid
:tmade:Β M2 3HLΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  :mizuno:Β JPX 923 5-gwΒ Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β 

Β Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I've never been lower than 9.6 and I've been even par on my home course at slope 145 and even though local knowledge helps there, a good caddy who tells you where to put the ball helps a lot. Plenty of times I saved someone a couple of strokes when I caddied who didn't know the course, plus we don't know how often he might have played Pebble. 8 handicap is enough to go lower. Heck I've shot some low scores for my handicap in high winds. Can happen anytime

β€”Adam

Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've never been lower than 9.6 and I've been even par on my home course at slope 145 and even though local knowledge helps there, a good caddy who tells you where to put the ball helps a lot. Plenty of times I saved someone a couple of strokes when I caddied who didn't know the course, plus we don't know how often he might have played Pebble.

8 handicap is enough to go lower. Heck I've shot some low scores for my handicap in high winds. Can happen anytime

I've spent a lot of time in the 7's and I've never shot even par for 18 holes. Β +2 is my best.

"Witty golf quote."

I've never been lower than 9.6 and I've been even par on my home course at slope 145 and even though local knowledge helps there, a good caddy who tells you where to put the ball helps a lot. Plenty of times I saved someone a couple of strokes when I caddied who didn't know the course, plus we don't know how often he might have played Pebble.

8 handicap is enough to go lower. Heck I've shot some low scores for my handicap in high winds. Can happen anytime

I hear you but it not a casual round, and assuming the course rating is only at par 71 (its probably higher), this guy, with a -8 differential, shot an extraordinary round per the USGA. Β Odds are 4467:1. Note the bold in the chart. The next paragraph states a threshold for "reasonable" is 258:1.

I wonder what he shot on his own ball the other days. Β This guy would have gotten an earful from the handicap committee anywhere else---

http://www.usga.org/playing/handicaps/understanding_handicap/articles/deanstable.html

And I was a 3-7 handicap for years, I've shot even par once in my life. And it sure wasn't a big time tournament. This still seems fishy to me---

Steve

Nantz is friends with Simms and they do broadcasts for the NFL so I guessΒ CBS and NantzΒ felt it was appropriate to pay their respects to the Simms family on air.Β  I didn't have an issue with it but was shocked in these PC days that Nantz got away with saying "God bless..."

I understand why they did it, I'm just not sure they should. Β I mean, who gives a shit? Β I've been to ten funeral homes in fifteen months. Β People die. Β For some reason CBS golf broadcasts have turned into this "Our thoughts our with x because he had hip replacement surgery."

And announcers say "God bless" or the various equivalents all the time. Β Rather than wonder why it's not PC, I wonder why in these scientific days people still believe in God.

"Witty golf quote."

Sneds is one of my favorite pros. Very happy for him, and I'm excited to see him at the Masters.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

I saw little on the TV. Β But did see Murray, a hacker, throw his putter and damage the golf course.

He should be banned from ever playing at Pebble again.

What an incredible arsehole.

I call bulls**t. Ain't no 8 handicap can shoot par, especially on a tough course set up for tournament conditions. Guy has to be a huge sandbagger and ought be DQ'ed right here and now :mad:

Genuine 8 handicaps CAN shoot par. It's rare but they can do it. They don't have the amateurs playing from the back, they have them from the easy tees.

You are used to guys who say their handicap is 8 but is probably 18.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

I saw little on the TV. Β But did see Murray, a hacker, throw his putter and damage the golf course.

He should be banned from ever playing at Pebble again.

What an incredible arsehole.

Dude, it's Bill F*cking Murray.

I will say that I saw him throw his putter on 2 different occasions, both hit his golf bag, are you positive it hit the course & damaged it?

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

So the guy who won the pro-am with Pat Perez at -42 is an 8 handicap who shot even par on his own ball they said at Monterey Penisula? Helped Perez 25 shots for the tournament? I call bulls**t. Ain't no 8 handicap can shoot par, especially on a tough course set up for tournament conditions. Guy has to be a huge sandbagger and ought be DQ'ed right here and nowΒ :mad:

Here are the full results. I'm not clear how the scoring worked. Probably can't tell from this how they each shot on a given day cuz it's a combined score.

My Swing

Driver:Β :ping:Β G30, Irons:Β :tmade:Β Burner 2.0, Putter:Β :cleveland:, Balls:Β :snell:

Genuine 8 handicaps CAN shoot par. It's rare but they can do it. They don't have the amateurs playing from the back, they have them from the easy tees.

Yeah, I was wondering what yardage the amateurs played from.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H,Β Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

Β 

Yeah, I was wondering what yardage the amateurs played from.

Don't know for sure, but on the 502 (for the pros) par 5 2nd their tees were waaaaay up - I'm guessing no more than 460 for the amateurs.

Plus I'm sure they all benefited from the advice of the pro's and their caddies who map out a course and know it much better than many know their home courses.

Joe Paradiso

Plus I'm sure they all benefited from the advice of the pro's and their caddies who map out a course and know it much better than many know their home courses.

Yep. Β And on the scorecard, the white tees at Pebble are just over 6100 yards. Β A legit 8 handicap with caddy help from 3 others including one touring pro could certainly play well there. Β Oh, and when they made their putt on 18, the dude looked like he had just won the US Open. Β He was crying. Β I don't see somebody who's cheating to win getting emotional like that.

Sneds win with a driver and putter worth less that $40 on the trade in. Love it

Yeah, Golf Digest put a story on my facebook feed about his 2010 TM Burnerfast that is worth $20 on trade-in. Β They didn't mention, however, about his Fujikura Speeder 661 Tour Spec that looks like it retails for $350, so a teensy tiny bit misleading on their part, I believe. :-P

Yeah its rare alright, USGA says its a 1 in 4467 odds, and 1 in 258 is reasonable. And the "easy" tees at these courses aren't that easy, they still have to hit the shots, putt the greens, play in front of people. This isn't an 8 handicap shooting par at City Park municipal on Saturday with his buddies, so that makes the odds even more remote. I haven't played Mont. Peninsula but Pebble and Spyglass are effing hard from the normal tees. They'd be unplayable for the amateurs from the back tees.

Hey Shorty, this would be like you shooting 6 under par gross from the member tees at Royal Melbourne. In a tournament. :-)

So all you guys would play a match with this guy and give him an 8 handicap? Not me, in real life I bet he's a 2 or lower, maybe much lower.

I have no problem with him playing "well". This is way beyond "well".

Not like this tournament isn't a magnet for sandbagging over the years since Bing ran it. I still call bulls**t :mad:

Steve

Note:Β This thread is 3367 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!