IGNORED

Do You Remember All of Your Shots in a Round?

Aguirre
Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Friends of mine are seemingly amazed that I can not only remember every shot in a round, but the distance, club, wind direction, lie, green break, etc.  And I often can do this for multiple rounds for a month or two before they fade from memory.  Sometimes on particularly good holes or rounds, this memory lasts for years.  They think I'm some kind of weirdo savant about this, but I don't think it's uncommon for some golfers at all.

Are you like this?

"Witty golf quote."

Friends of mine are seemingly amazed that I not only remember every shot in a round, but the distance, club, wind direction, lie, green break, etc.  And I often can do this for multiple rounds before they fade from memory.  Sometimes on particularly good holes or rounds, this memory lasts for years.  They think I'm some kind of weirdo savant about this, but I don't think it's uncommon for some golfers at all. Are you like this?

Yup, exactly. I can easily recall every shot from my last round, and as I'm sitting here thinking, I'm pretty sure I remember all from the previous round too. It does help that they're on different courses though. I could see how it could easily blend together if I kept playing the same courses

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Friends of mine are seemingly amazed that I can not only remember every shot in a round, but the distance, club, wind direction, lie, green break, etc.  And I often can do this for multiple rounds for a month or two before they fade from memory.  Sometimes on particularly good holes or rounds, this memory lasts for years.  They think I'm some kind of weirdo savant about this, but I don't think it's uncommon for some golfers at all.

Are you like this?

Not only can I, I can't imagine how one could not.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Yeah, remembering my shots from the last few rounds is easy.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Remembering shots after my round isn't an issue for me. @Aguirre , do your friends drink a lot when they play? ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Yup. No problem for me either.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I remember all of them and what mistakes I made :-\ .

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I remember them all as well, for most rounds I can remember where I hit the ball, what kind of lie I had, what club I hit.  I can even go back to a course I haven't played in years and can remember what I did on each hole.

I can even remember my playing partners shots after rounds as well.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

My memory sucks, but I do keep a pretty detailed log of the "best and worst" shots of each round.    Figure one day when I'm sitting in the nursing home, it will be great to look back and recall all those rounds in detail and bring back memories ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Yes I do (unfortunately...haha). I use a phone app to keep track of my stats during the round and afterwards I try to replay each hole in my head to see what I did well and where I could improve. My recall is better on my home course, though, since it's easier for me to visualize each hole in greater detail.

Shortly after a round I believe that I can remember each shot but after a short while it is the exceptionally good and bad shots that stand out.  I never play 18 holes and then figure out my score and about the only evidence I have for remembering each shot is dissecting the round on the 19th hole, and many times it is a playing partner that will jog your memory about a certain shot (like the drive OB that cost the match).  I have a 9 hole executive course near my house that I often just tally my scores in my mind after a round, but do not dwell on each shot.  To be honest I have never tried not keeping score for 18 holes and then try to recreate my score recalling each shot.  But then again, I have switched cars and driven to the golf course without my clubs.

Key shots I remember for a while, both good and bad.  And my memory works better on a familiar course.

When I'm playing a course that I don't know well, I can't really give a shot by shot description of the round.  Sometimes one or two holes will stand out, and I'll be able to recall them until the next round.  After that, I don't really care.

I guess that for me once a stroke has been made, it's done.  Time to move on to the next one.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

And my memory works better on a familiar course.

When I'm playing a course that I don't know well, I can't really give a shot by shot description of the round.

I'm kind of the opposite, and I think it's because there is no confusion.  For example, Old Works.  I played there once, and it was a good round (that certainly matters) yet it was in June of 2013, and I VIVIDLY remember several of the shots during that round.  I certainly don't remember them all, but I remember a bunch of them.  And going back and looking at the course on google maps just now allowed me to recall a few more.  I could probably play connect the dots with my shots around that course and get about 3/4 of them correct.

I suspect after I play Pebble Beach, or Spyglass or any other easily memorable course only once it will be the same.

(One shot that I will NEVER forget for obvious reasons is my drive on #12.  Big push slice into the cliff that ricocheted back into the fairway ... and I birdied the hole. :-P )

Yes, I can replay the previous round in my mind, but only for a day or so. Good, bad, and/or indifferent I can recall all of my shots.  Since those shots are "has beens", after a day or so I don't bother with them.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I can remember most of the shots for a round. But, I can't remember the distances - especially of the putts - unless I write them down after each hole.

If I have played or walked a course twice, I can usually remember all the holes - in sequence. This includes the hole yardage for the tees I played, or for the tournament set-up. I guess I picked this up from my days as as caddie.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Immediately after a round , yes, but if I wait another day, no way. In fact, I can't remember anything if I wait until the evening to record it. This is why Golflogix is nice, and Game Golf could be even better.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

When I'm playing a course that I don't know well, I can't really give a shot by shot description of the round.

I'm kind of the opposite, and I think it's because there is no confusion.  For example, Old Works.  I played there once, and it was a good round (that certainly matters) yet it was in June of 2013, and I VIVIDLY remember several of the shots during that round.  I certainly don't remember them all, but I remember a bunch of them.  And going back and looking at the course on google maps just now allowed me to recall a few more.  I could probably play connect the dots with my shots around that course and get about 3/4 of them correct.

I suspect after I play Pebble Beach, or Spyglass or any other easily memorable course only once it will be the same.

(One shot that I will NEVER forget for obvious reasons is my drive on #12.  Big push slice into the cliff that ricocheted back into the fairway ... and I birdied the hole. )

:offtopic:

Just FYI, looks like Old Works is in some financial trouble.  They almost shut down last October, but are trying to limp ahead and find enough funding to keep going.  Seems to be sort of a week to week thing.  There seems to be an ongoing battle between ARCO (owned by parent BP) and the local EPA Superfund director.  If the course closes, ARCO is apparently still responsible for cleaning up the toxic waste that the course serves as a cap for.  The articles I read never mentioned any potential costs involved in that, only the money the course needs to continue operation.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

(One shot that I will NEVER forget for obvious reasons is my drive on #12.  Big push slice into the cliff that ricocheted back into the fairway ... and I birdied the hole. )

Just FYI, looks like Old Works is in some financial trouble.  They almost shut down last October, but are trying to limp ahead and find enough funding to keep going.  Seems to be sort of a week to week thing.  There seems to be an ongoing battle between ARCO (owned by parent BP) and the local EPA Superfund director.  If the course closes, ARCO is apparently still responsible for cleaning up the toxic waste that the course serves as a cap for.  The articles I read never mentioned any potential costs involved in that, only the money the course needs to continue operation.

It could cost ARCO way more to clean it up than to upkeep the golf course.

Also, why is it that I am the only person who seems to feel uneasy about playing on a toxic waste dump? :blink:

And, BTW, I do remember all my memorable shots on courses I've never played prior. Which is why they are memorable, I suppose. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 1305 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!