IGNORED

Will Tiger Play in the 2015 Masters? YES!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Will Tiger play in the 2015 Masters?

• Yes
    • No

I voted yes, I can't see him passing up an opportunity to win a major, if he's still committed to beating Jack's record, given the point he's at in his career.  Time isn't on his side so he needs to at least make the attempt.

Agree I can't see him passing up a shot at a major. Even if the chances are slim he can contend, slim is still a chance. However, I just don't know what his drive is like anymore. I don't know if he really cares as deeply about Jack's record as he once used to. A lot of rumors out there were that he just didn't have the drive to go out and practice the last 6 months like he used to. Hank Haney said Tiger used to be so driven to break Jack's record he would play 36-54 holes a day to get better. Now he just hits some balls in his backyard and says he's been practicing hard.

I hope he does play as my wife and I won Tuesday practice round tickets and we're taking our fathers.  Personally, I think that Tiger was taking HGH for many years and now that they are testing for it his body is braking down just like Mark McGwire's did after years of use. From what I have read getting off of it completely messes you up mentally and you lose focus. I believe that years down the road this will become public. This is just my opinion...

HGH does not result in microdiscectomy surgery.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Lol, I expected an onslaught when I read his post this morn. Pretty tepid response overall...

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

anybody know by when Tigs has to announce if he is or isnt?

I think it's like a week or so. Though he might be registered already and just withdraw to avoid that problem.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I think it's like a week or so. Though he might be registered already and just withdraw to avoid that problem.

and his registration would probably be kept private, i assume?

Colin P.

I hope he does play as my wife and I won Tuesday practice round tickets and we're taking our fathers.

Personally, I think that Tiger was taking HGH for many years and now that they are testing for it his body is braking down just like Mark McGwire's did after years of use. From what I have read getting off of it completely messes you up mentally and you lose focus. I believe that years down the road this will become public. This is just my opinion...

Am I reading your sentence correctly - you and your wife each entered the Masters ticket lottery and each, seperately, had your entry selected to win tickets?

Congrats, and I'm shaking my head as I'm at least 5 years into not winning the Masters ticket lottery.

Players play, tough players win!

and his registration would probably be kept private, i assume?

More or less. I'm sure you could find out who is registered if you really tried hard enough. But yeah, they'd prob keep it quiet.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Am I reading your sentence correctly - you and your wife each entered the Masters ticket lottery and each, seperately, had your entry selected to win tickets?

Congrats, and I'm shaking my head as I'm at least 5 years into not winning the Masters ticket lottery.

Only requires ones of them winning to get four tickets (one for each of them and their fathers) so no, I don't think he's saying they both hit the lottery. And the Masters doesn't allow husband and wife to both enter the lottery (no duplicate addresses).

There seems to be lots of chatter today.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/notah-tiger-50-50-chance-play-masters/

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/love-dont-count-out-tiger-just-yet/

It often feels like team Tiger has a way of changing the conversation before big announcements. I am not saying that they are good at it.

My guess is that he will commit early next week.

Brandon Fox

Rochester, NY

No, my wife won the 4 tickets. I did win some a few years back, but we were unable to attend.

Cheers,
Rick Menary

Only requires ones of them winning to get four tickets (one for each of them and their fathers) so no, I don't think he's saying they both hit the lottery. And the Masters doesn't allow husband and wife to both enter the lottery (no duplicate addresses).

Correct, we were not married when I won them years back.

Cheers,
Rick Menary

Thanks for clearing that up. I'm fully aware and I wasn't referencing any particular injury, he's had multiple. Again, it's just my opinion.

Cheers,
Rick Menary

I certainly hope he's going to play. I'll be in the IBM corporate area for anyone that wants to chat for a while. I look like the guy in my picture to the left. Go Tiger!

I'm willing to bet he does.  It's a Major and his favorite tournament.He has taken time off the heal and practice A LOT before it comes around.

I'm willing to bet he'll be non stop practicing the next couple of weeks.  Long long days of work.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Not enough time to get his game together. He does not want to look like a fool out there and will stay home. Should be back 2 weeks after that or some other smaller tour. THat is, if he is off of the pain meds, straight, practing 6 - 8 hours a day. Bet his day consists of 4 / 1 hour practice sessions, with a nap and a 8.30 wake up call...

Don't flame me, but if he's 50/50 he will play, too much money to be earned for himself, sponsorship commitments and hey he has nothing to lose, maybe lightening will strike.....worth the chance. Besides what else is going to do? Go skiing?

I could be more of a business decision than anything else. Do you think Nike or any of the other sponsors who are paying him millions are happy with his absence from the Tour? If he is physically able (and he says he is), he will play.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 3309 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!