IGNORED

2015 Masters Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Saw this on TM's fbook page and got a kick out of it. Charging $3-4/beer just goes to show the amount of revenue AN generates from corporate sponsors and it's members. I guess that's one benefit from spending $4k on a weekly badge - at least the beer is cheap, and they don't price gouge their patrons.

Saw this on TM's fbook page and got a kick out of it. Charging $3-4/beer just goes to show the amount of revenue AN generates from corporate sponsors and it's members. I guess that's one benefit from spending $4k on a weekly badge - at least the beer is cheap, and they don't price gouge their patrons.

You see $3-$4 per beer as expensive?  I see that as about normal, especially for imports or micro brews.  I've been in a couple of bars where it was $6.  And don't go to a football or baseball game.  Slightly chilled, flat domestic beer for that price.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

$4k is scalpers' price. Augusta National doesn't see any of that, I guess. Patrons pay what $100-200 for a badge?  Souvenir cup is worth the $4 - beer is an added plus.

I hope that someone supports me on this one. I know it’s a longshot, but wouldn’t you like to see Fred Couples win one more of these? To the best of my knowledge he’s got his personal life in order, the distended cowpers gland is under control, the back is feeling better and he’s at a good place with his game. I think if he can hold it together thru Saturday, you can’t count him out. Go Fred!

I hope that someone supports me on this one. I know it’s a longshot, but wouldn’t you like to see Fred Couples win one more of these? To the best of my knowledge he’s got his personal life in order, the distended cowpers gland is under control, the back is feeling better and he’s at a good place with his game. I think if he can hold it together thru Saturday, you can’t count him out.

Go Fred!

I'd rather see Rory win it.  I feel that Couples has seen his day - let the young guys take it from here.  I don't like to see the "one hit wonders" win it - and do nothing much afterwards (Mize, Immelman, for instance).  If any semi-older player did it, would pull for Els.

I'd rather see Rory win it.  I feel that Couples has seen his day - let the young guys take it from here.  I don't like to see the "one hit wonders" win it - and do nothing much afterwards (Mize, Immelman, for instance).  If any semi-older player did it, would pull for Els.

Yeah, it'd make a great story of Couples won (and Nantz will tell it 8 billion times on Sunday too - ugh) but I'd rather see the younger guys showing up as well.  Reed, Spieth, Rory, Fowler, Day, Tiger even ;)

Personally I would not have a problem with Couples...he has a history of starting off hot in recent yrs at the masters then trailing off on the weekend....So it definitely would not shock me to see him on the front page.  He still has plenty of game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

at least the beer is cheap, and they don't price gouge their patrons.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

You see $3-$4 per beer as expensive?

????

Oops.. that was reading too fast. :8)

Rick

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ferguson

I hope that someone supports me on this one. I know it’s a longshot, but wouldn’t you like to see Fred Couples win one more of these? To the best of my knowledge he’s got his personal life in order, the distended cowpers gland is under control, the back is feeling better and he’s at a good place with his game. I think if he can hold it together thru Saturday, you can’t count him out.

Go Fred!

Let the young guys earn it.  If Fred plays well enough to beat them then they better take long look at themselves.

Rick

No drone zone enforcement for the AGNC area. Makes sense. Wonder how it's enforced. Armed USAF drones? Remote control jammers? http://golfweek.com/news/2015/mar/20/masters-2015-augusta-national-drones-banned/

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Wonder how it's enforced. Armed USAF drones? Remote control jammers?

Knowing Augusta National and their influence on anything in that part of Georgia......

but like in most outdoor sports events, drones can pose a serious terrorist threat - imagine the damage a terrorist could do with a drone to be witnessed by a huge natioanal TV audience.........

Jordan might be a solid player but the Augusta Masters is a whole different ball game. To win there, the player must have feel, flexibility, imagination and [b]a cool head[/b]. Time will tell. I must support The Tiger - a good showing here would be the defibrillation treatment needed for TV golf coverage.

I don't believe the bold part for a second, considering Bubba won twice and Tiger, four times. Spieth has the game to win. He only finished T2 in his first ever appearance at The Masters last year, after all.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I don't believe the bold part for a second, considering Bubba won twice and Tiger, four times.

Spieth has the game to win. He only finished T2 in his first ever appearance at The Masters last year, after all.

Based on the stats from last year (http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.34046.jordan-spieth.html/statistics), his putting and scrambling will hold up well - it's the GIR that's a slight concern for me. He can definitely contend though, as last year.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Personally I would not have a problem with Couples...he has a history of starting off hot in recent yrs at the masters then trailing off on the weekend....So it definitely would not shock me to see him on the front page.  He still has plenty of game.

Freddy just can't stay in contention on the weekend. He'll probably be there after 36 holes but the body starts wearing out on Saturday and he just doesn't have the same magic. Seems to be the pattern the last few years with him.

I would like to see Rory or Spieth win. In an age where Tiger and Phil are fading, the game needs these two to step up. Rory's already been stepping up, but he needs to keep winning majors to keep the interest level rising. And Spieth is America's best hope, I feel, to be that dominant player right now. And I think given their improving form the last few weeks, both have a solid chance in three weeks.

Based on the stats from last year (http://www.pgatour.com/players/player.34046.jordan-spieth.html/statistics), his putting and scrambling will hold up well - it's the GIR that's a slight concern for me. He can definitely contend though, as last year.

Yeah, I don't think Speith can win here, yet. He's too short and too crooked off the tee. But, if he can improve on that just a little bit, the sky is the limit for him.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!