IGNORED

Jason, Amanda Dufner Getting a Divorce

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For whatever reason(s) they split, Jason won't be the same for a while - that is a fact.

He might be better off.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He might be better off.

I will go with this ... he will be better off.  It may be sooner than later.

Depends on how he takes this divorce. He can use it to free himself.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

He might be better off.

[quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/81079/jason-amanda-dufner-getting-a-divorce/342#post_1124870"] I will go with this ... he will be better off.  It may be sooner than later. Depends on how he takes this divorce. He can use it to free himself. [/quote] He WILL be better off. No sense hanging around thinking things will get better. I say he'll hook up with a "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm" type and they will live happily ever after.

He WILL be better off. No sense hanging around thinking things will get better. I say he'll hook up with a "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm" type and they will live happily ever after.

Interestingly, we'll probably never know, and it's just as well. How many tour wives are we aware of, 3 or 4? Speaks a little to Amanda's behavior. I remember reading articles that David Tom's wife was voted hottest tour wife for a few years in the late 90's and early oughts. I never saw a pic of her.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Interestingly, we'll probably never know, and it's just as well. How many tour wives are we aware of, 3 or 4? Speaks a little to Amanda's behavior. I remember reading articles that David Tom's wife was voted hottest tour wife for a few years in the late 90's and early oughts. I never saw a pic of her.

Late 90s eh? Can't possibly imagine what's changed since then technology wise so it's DEFINITELY got to be due to her modesty.

Late 90s eh? Can't possibly imagine what's changed since then technology wise so it's DEFINITELY got to be due to her modesty.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• Administrator

I never saw a pic of her.

Googling lead to http://blog.golfczech.cz/_data/images//blogs//75-460-toms-david-sonya.jpg awfully fast.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

[QUOTE name="skydog" url="/t/81079/jason-amanda-dufner-getting-a-divorce/306#post_1124415"]   If you get married and divorced more than three times, then yes. Good grief do people on this site harp on tongue in cheek words thrown out. Calm down folks. [/QUOTE] So scumbags who make broad covering statements regardless of someone's history is cool then too? So what if marriage means less to someone else? It is just a piece of paper for the gubment to keep track of you...

Therein lies part of the issue ... MMarriage by definition for some has nothing to do with the lesser power of the Gubment.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

There's plenty of attractive women ready to leech onto a wealthy man and pretend to love him. In other words, Amanda is a dime a dozen, hopefully he is wiser next time around. Reminds me of a joke my uncle told me. If you ever think about getting married, just find a woman that you hate and buy her a house. LOL

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

Therein lies part of the issue ... MMarriage by definition for some has nothing to do with the lesser power of the

Gubment.

Marriage does mean different things to different people.....and entities. I agree.

There's plenty of attractive women ready to leech onto a wealthy man and pretend to love him. In other words, Amanda is a dime a dozen, hopefully he is wiser next time around.

Reminds me of a joke my uncle told me. If you ever think about getting married, just find a woman that you hate and buy her a house. LOL

I like that.

He WILL be better off. No sense hanging around thinking things will get better.

I say he'll hook up with a "Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm" type and they will live happily ever after.

Almost everyone is better off at some point. People are notorious for forgetting painful experiences.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Any way you look at it, marriage today is a tricky venture. Maybe we are simply expecting too much of our marriages without investing enough time and effort into our relationships to make these expectations achievable. Same train of thought applies to people who expect to score well in golf without investing the time to practice. I think it’s too easy to get divorced.

I would say the divorce rate is the divorce rate even if you include those who have multiple divorces. I don't think it is inflated at all.

How could you possibly come to that conclusion without knowing how the divorce rate it is determined?  If 5 guys get married and 2 of them get divorced the divorce rate is 40%.  If 5 guys get married, 4 stay married and the fifth gets divorced and remarried 3 times.

You can compute the divorce rate as 20% (20% of the people who got married stayed married.

You can compute it as 37.5% (8 marriages, 3 divorces)

IMO it would make a lot more sense to measure one divorce rate based on first marriages and another based on all marriages.

Interestingly, we'll probably never know, and it's just as well. How many tour wives are we aware of, 3 or 4? Speaks a little to Amanda's behavior.

Yup, it was terrible for her to grab Jason's hand with her butt on national television.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

There are a ton of athletes wives that are hot, nature of the beast. The public is really only aware of the top tier athletes's wives or if they somehow get in the news.

I'm not judging her behavior in the least, I'm saying she's well known because of it. Let's face it, she hasn't been a hermit (nor should she be).

When Duf hooks up again, we'll probably never know nor should we care. That was the point I was trying to make.

I get it.  But your comments "speaks a little to Amandas behavior" and following it up with the stuff about never having seen a picture of David Toms wife implies that she behaved differently, or that she went about it in the right way.  I'm saying it's simply a bad example because we know of Amanda through facebook, twitter, and instagram selfies (or otherwise) taken on smartphones.  Not a single one of those things even existed in the late 90's, so that's not a fair comparison.  That's all I was saying - that that was just a bad example. Not that your point was entirely wrong. ;)

Why are we still talking about this?  Did you guys know that Tiger Woods is playing in the Masters in like 2 days?!?!?! :-P

Tiger is playing in 2 days! Let's hope he's playing in four. I don't "judge" Amanda for posting nearly nude pics of herself all over the Internet, but it's something I would have a problem with if it were my wife/daughter. In that sense, it's totally reasonable for me to believe Duff also had a problem with it. I think that's mostly what people are saying. Maybe our opinions are closely tied to how old we were when MySpace/FB/twitter exploded. My wife created my FB page, though I'm not that old. (39 isn't that old, right?)

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I don't "judge" Amanda for posting nearly nude pics of herself all over the Internet, but it's something I would have a problem with if it were my wife/daughter. In that sense, it's totally reasonable for me to believe Duff also had a problem with it. I think that's mostly what people are saying.

I get that, but I think it's silly because we know so little about them.  Nobody begrudges Tom Brady's wife for having nearly nude pics of herself plastered all over the internet for the world to see, nor do we assume that he has a problem with it.  Why?  Because she was a model before they met.  Perhaps Amanda is (or wants to be) an aspiring model?  Perhaps Jason knew that all along?  Perhaps he was fine with it?  Perhaps he still is?  Perhaps they just weren't a good fit?

Any or all of that is just as plausible as any of the theories posed in the previous 8 jillion pages on here.

• Upvote 1

Quote:

Originally Posted by k-troop

I don't "judge" Amanda for posting nearly nude pics of herself all over the Internet, but it's something I would have a problem with if it were my wife/daughter. In that sense, it's totally reasonable for me to believe Duff also had a problem with it. I think that's mostly what people are saying.

I get that, but I think it's silly because we know so little about them.  Nobody begrudges Tom Brady's wife for having nearly nude pics of herself plastered all over the internet for the world to see, nor do we assume that he has a problem with it.  Why?  Because she was a model before they met.  Perhaps Amanda is (or wants to be) an aspiring model?  Perhaps Jason knew that all along?  Perhaps he was fine with it?  Perhaps he still is?  Perhaps they just weren't a good fit?

Any or all of that is just as plausible as any of the theories posed in the previous 8 jillion pages on here.

Off topic sort of:

On the road out of the airport in Sao Paulo, the highway goes by two prisons.  In between the two prisons is a 5 story tall billboard.  The last two times I was there, the billboard had Gisele in tiny underwear on the billboard.  I don't think Tom minds.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Top Reasons for divorce in America. Young age Financial Premarital cohabitation Premarital childbearing and or pregnancy No religious affiliation Parents’ divorce Insecurity I don’t see “my spouse posted several revealing pictures on the net” as a reason.

Note: This thread is 3272 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!