IGNORED

How Do You Think Tiger Will Perform at the 2015 Masters?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3301 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you think Tiger will perform at the 2015 Masters?

• Wins
    • Contends
    • Makes Cut but doesn't contend
    • Misses Cut
    • Starts but doesn't make it 36 holes
    • Doesn't make it to the first tee Thursday

Tiger said it best today. He had a chance to go REALLY low. And he really did. If you break down his shots. Easily could have been 62-63. And the best, is which I love Tiger. He really thinks he can win tomorrow.

Easily could've been 64 or 65, stuffed it on both 6 and 7, hit a great putt on 17 that shoulda went down, maybe not 62 or 63 exactly but probably 64 or 65 more realistic, the tee shot on 13 cost him a legit eagle opportunity, (hell of a birdie though), the 3-woods at 14 and 18 were blocked way right... (I thought he usually tries to hit a hold off fade with Driver at 18) Edit: maybe the fairway bunkers are too darkly shaded on 18, and the pine straw is lightly shaded for Tiger....

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Easily could've been 64 or 65, stuffed it on both 6 and 7, hit a great putt on 17 that shoulda went down, maybe not 62 or 63 exactly but probably 64 or 65 more realistic, the tee shot on 13 cost him a legit eagle opportunity, (hell of a birdie though), the 3-woods at 14 and 18 were blocked way right... (I thought he usually tries to hit a hold off fade with Driver at 18)

Edit: maybe the fairway bunkers are too darkly shaded on 18, and the pine straw is lightly shaded for Tiger....

Please explain how hitting poor shots and missing opportunities means that he could have shot low 60s.

Tiger hit some great shots and I'm excited to see him doing well, but you don't  shoot 68 and say it could "easily" have been 62, 63, 64, or 65.

I guarantee there are players who missed the cut who could "easily" have shot 68,68.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Please explain how hitting poor shots and missing opportunities means that he could have shot low 60s. Tiger hit some great shots and I'm excited to see him doing well, but you don't  shoot 68 and say it could "easily" have been 62, 63, 64, or 65. I guarantee there are players who missed the cut who could "easily" have shot 68,68.

He had the opportunities to shoot 64 or 65... is that worded better? Meaning basically he missed three very legitimate birdie putts inside the green zone... I'll word it better... HE LEFT A FEW BIRDIES OUT THERE (talking about putts from the Green Zone that's all)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I think in most years on this track with these conditions, Tiger would probably be within a few of the lead. However, I just think Jordan, Rose and Phil are playing lights out. When Tiger played here in 2005, he played on a track just as soft as this one, if not softer (it rained a ton in 2005), and he was leading at -11 through 3 rounds. That's 3rd place this year. So he has nothing to really be ashamed of. He's playing great....it's just one of those years where the guys at the top are playing amazing, and it goes to show just how hard it really is to win a major nowadays.

And let's remember that on the back 9 of the third round he made up 7 shots on DeMarco to get that lead.  Funny thing, when he woke up on Sunday morning in 2005 Tiger was 4 shots behind.  He ended up winning.  But gets tagged with not being able to come from behind in a major.  His mistake?  He came from behind too soon.

10 shot behind is too much, though.  But I'd love to see Tiger and Rory both shoot 65s and tie for second. ;-)

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Narcissism is also an  improper technique. Bye, bye

Really got him with that one ;-)

A lot of very smart people think that Harmon and Haney are full of it, and not just the ones on this board. The yips don't just go away like this; his technique was shit, and now it's not shit, so he's hitting good shots. Pretty simple.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Please explain how hitting poor shots and missing opportunities means that he could have shot low 60s. Tiger hit some great shots and I'm excited to see him doing well, but you don't  shoot 68 and say it could "easily" have been 62, 63, 64, or 65. I guarantee there are players who missed the cut who could "easily" have shot 68,68.

Because you can tell that, by and large, his full swing was there. If you're trying to predict tomorrow's round, I'd rather take the guy who struck the pretty ball well and missed a few makable putts over the guy who hacked it around but dropped a few 30-footers.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Would like to see him at Quail Hollow, but chances are we won't see him until Sawgrass, then Muirfield and then Chambers Bay. Which is a shame because after this performance, I feel like he needs some tournament rounds to work out some of the kinks in his game, particularly with his driver which was bad on Sunday.

Amazing that Tiger made the cut and finished a respectable 5-Under tied for 17th in the Masters, considering what a mess his game looked like only a few months ago.

I am a Tiger fan but I think his time has passed and I don't think he can ever rise to the levels of play that he achieved in the past; no one really can, it was SO extraordinary.  That said, if Woods can improve and maintain his current quality of play, I think it's in him to win one or more tournaments this year and perhaps even a major.

Remember, it was only a couple years ago that Tiger won 5 tournaments; no major wins but most pros would be happy with just 1 tour win for the year.  Can he win 5 again now, probably not, but then again few other players can expect to do so either.

Don't think he'll exceed Nicklaus' 18 career major wins but I think he can exceed Sneeds 82 tour wins and that would be a more realistic goal for him now at this stage of his career.  We'll see . . .

Callaway FT9 Driver (10N)
Jones/Ortiz 3W(13), 4W (17) & 5W (19)
Jones/Ortiz  3H (21) 4H (25) & 5H (30)
Titleist DCI Gold - 3-PW (21-48)
Titleist Vokey PW (48-6), GW (52-8), SW (56-10) & LW (60-4)
Northwestern (Tom Weiskopf) #309 Putter

The hard part about him winning a major is the best players are playing their best, and I don't think Tiger at 39 can beat Spieth or Rory when they're on their A-game. However, if those guys get cold for a major and Tiger can play like he did two years ago and sustain it for 72 holes, there are more majors left in him for sure.

Considering this weekend, where do you think Tiger will go from here?

:whistle:

To be honest...

Makes the cut in the US Open, but nothing more.

Wins the British and/or PGA.

To be honest...

Makes the cut in the US Open, but nothing more.

Wins the British and/or PGA.

Not sure about the PGA. He has a bad track record at Whistling Straits, and I don't think Chambers Bay sets up too well for him, either. He has a good track record at St. Andrew's, but then again, if Rory brings his A-game to that place, I don't think Tiger's A game at 39 can beat Rory's. Tiger did not have a good weekend there in 2010. Meanwhile, Rory destroyed St. Andrew's for 3 days a few years back and he's not nearly the golfer then he is now.

Very interesting reading these comments. I came hear to post,that after the Masters I am more convinced then ever TW will win multiple more majors. With no tournaments played and having his IMO "C" game he was respectable, to say the least. Obviously I am in the minority. IF he stays healthy I say he still makes a run at Jacks record.

Very interesting reading these comments. I came hear to post,that after the Masters I am more convinced then ever TW will win multiple more majors. With no tournaments played and having his IMO "C" game he was respectable, to say the least. Obviously I am in the minority. IF he stays healthy I say he still makes a run at Jacks record.

Does an Olympic Gold count as 16 majors? I think he's got one more five year push to get to Jack's record... how would anyone know how Chambers Bay will suit him? No one has ever played there in competition at least the pros havent anyway... 7800 yard par 70 who knows...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

You mean considering this weekend where he finished 13 strokes behind the eventual winner and was over par in 2 of his 4 rounds? No majors. Likely no wins, unless he decides to target some of the lower tier events that don't attract the best fields...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

You mean considering this weekend where he finished 13 strokes behind the eventual winner and was over par in 2 of his 4 rounds? No majors. Likely no wins, unless he decides to target some of the lower tier events that don't attract the best fields...

What a ridiculous thing to say. Give him some time Yea and Tiger might go play on the Web.com tour so he win. Idiot.

• Upvote 1

Hold on, the popcorn is almost done ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

• Administrator

You mean considering this weekend where he finished 13 strokes behind the eventual winner and was over par in 2 of his 4 rounds?

No majors. Likely no wins, unless he decides to target some of the lower tier events that don't attract the best fields...

That's how you categorize a top-20 finish coming back from an injury and no competitive rounds for 9 weeks?

Okay then.

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3301 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!