IGNORED

How Do You Think Tiger Will Perform at the 2015 Masters?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How do you think Tiger will perform at the 2015 Masters?

• Wins
    • Contends
    • Makes Cut but doesn't contend
    • Misses Cut
    • Starts but doesn't make it 36 holes
    • Doesn't make it to the first tee Thursday

Now that it's official Tiger will be at Augusta, how do you think he'll do?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

IMO depends on how well he starts. If he blows up the front 9 with jittery short game stuff that seemed to what crapped him out earlier in the year. He needs to hit a couple quality shots around the green to get over the hump. If he does that I say makes cut but doesn't contend.

Dave :-)

I think if he makes the cut he will be on the coattails of the leaders but it's anybody's guess which Tiger rocks up on Thursday. I'm going to say he contends just because it's Tiger and anything is possible, even after a bad trot!

Matt

I think he will play 72 holes. If the other favorites do not bring their "A" games he will contend. Not much of a chance of that happening. So, 72 holes and no win on Woody's part is my best guess.

With him you just never know anymore, and with all the drama the media is causing, it really is taking away from the tournament.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

My heart says he will contend on Sunday. My head says he's going to have a very similar week to last year at Hoylake when he came back from a hiatus. It's gonna be a struggle, I think. Just like Hoylake, I think he's going to make some birdies and have some good moments, but I think he's going to have his struggles as well. Wouldn't surprise me to see him have a good first day, but then fall back after that.

I don't think he is where he wants to be with his game yet. If he was, I think he would have announced sooner he was playing. Word was he was truly undecided when he woke up yesterday morning. However, I think he's far enough along where he feels comfortable being out there and if everything goes right, he can contend. Plus it's the Masters....if he feels there's even the slightest chance it can all come back next week, he's going to enter.

I'll be the won to say he wins.why not, last time I looked he was still Tiger Woods. And if history tells us anything, when the pressure is on he shows up.

With the old swing, maybe. Not sure he's grown into this new swing yet. It's going to take time to gain confidence in it and trust his back with this new swing. Honestly, I don't really care if he wins. I don't even care if he makes the cut. I just want to see him have a superb short game because if he can do that, he's in a good place going forward and that means all that practice has paid off. Assuming Tiger doesn't win, I really think it'd be great for the game to see Rory win or Spieth win. Those two guys winning will golf a big boost going forward. Golf really needs those two guys to keep getting better so life after Tiger isn't as bad as it looks.

Interestingly, none of those results would surprise me. I don't see him winning or even contending, but then again it's Tiger Woods.

:whistle:

I heard this from a friend that I played with today and he said that Tiger played sometime this last week and he played 2 balls and took his worst shot every time and if he made a birdie or a par putt he made himself make it twice to make it count. Doing that he shot a 66 but I have no idea what course it was on or if it was totally legit but I personally think he will place top 15 or so but not win.

Edit: Just saw there was a thread about that!

I've got a pile of dead rotting crow out back that I'll eat if he makes the cut.

We're going to hold you to this if it occurs. :-P

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

We're going to hold you to this if it occurs.  :-P

Video or it did not happen. The Masters Cut is the easiest cut to make in all of the majors.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

His name is Tiger Woods...

that's where the semblance between Tiger Now and Tiger pre-2008 ends.

But that's saying nothing ... none of us are presently who we were...

Maybe the Tiger of several years ago could enter a Masters without competing for 2-3 months and finish 4th; but we have no idea what we are presently getting, and neither does he, until play begins.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

The Masters Cut is the easiest cut to make in all of the majors.

Yep. He should make the cut. Wouldn't be horribly surprised if he didn't though. I'll be enormously surprised if he contends.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I hope he does all 72 holes and wins (????), but I don't think he'll contend or make the cut.  Not until he masters his new swing.  A lot of people are pulling for him.  Needs to get rid of the yips.

I think Tiger is very likely to make the cut since he knows Augusta well and has won four green jackets.  However, I do not see him coming out of a self-imposed hiatus due to a pathetic short game and being sharp enough to win.  I do believe that he has respect for the Masters and will not witdraw if his game goes south.

Note: This thread is 3273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!