IGNORED

2015 RBC Heritage Discussion Thread

65ross
Note: This thread is 3304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What the hell happened? I just tuned in, am supposedly watching it live, but it's over? Did they put them out early, in 3-somes to beat the weather but TV is delayed?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell happened? I just tuned in, am supposedly watching it live, but it's over? Did they put them out early, in 3-somes to beat the weather but TV is delayed?

Exactly.

Riley

It still somewhat annoys me to see Furyk,  Constantly practicing his putting stroke while his competitors are over the ball getting ready to put. Obviously he is out of their vision or they would say something. Watching on tv though it appears he could easily be seen out of the corner of their eye. They must be concentrating so hard or tunnel vision on the putt line that they don't even notice. I'm sure Furyk is not the only player to do this but, it just seems way more noticeable with him for me anyway.

It still somewhat annoys me to see Furyk,  Constantly practicing his putting stroke while his competitors are over the ball getting ready to put. Obviously he is out of their vision or they would say something. Watching on tv though it appears he could easily be seen out of the corner of their eye. They must be concentrating so hard or tunnel vision on the putt line that they don't even notice. I'm sure Furyk is not the only player to do this but, it just seems way more noticeable with him for me anyway.

I've noticed this from him in the past too and it annoys me. I'm guessing tour players have a lot more focus than me and can block most things out, but this would bother me.

Exactly.

The strange thing is, when CBS came on the air at 3 pm EDT, they said the final round is scheduled to finish on track.  How could that be?  Maybe because they went off on 3's, and there still was a weather delay, but they got the entire broadcast in as scheduled (and they did say it was "previously recorded" throughout the telecast).  I think I also saw CBS graphics on the Golf Channel at 1 pm EDT, so maybe this was planned well in advance in terms of the broadcast coverage.

WITB for Furyk

Big Bertha driver (9*)

RAZR Fit Xtreme 3-wood

X2 Hot Pro hybrid (20*)

RAZR X Forged irons (4-9)

Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind 52-10, Mack Daddy 2 64-8 C-Grind wedges

Odyssey Versa #1W WBW

SR3 Star Golf Ball

Does he really not carry 14 clubs or are you missing some?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

It's kind of amazing he hadn't won in what, five years?  He's maintained a high world ranking and certainly hasn't disappeared like some players do when they hit 40+.  I've always thought that Furyk was a bit too consistent for his own good, like Tom Lehman.  A little hot/cold volatility adds missed cuts, but it also adds wins.

"Witty golf quote."

How often do you hear Morning Drive say "he finally got that monkey off his back!" for a guy with 17 PGA Tour wins?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Yes irons should be 4-PW, and add a 56-deg SW. I'd bet the 64-deg was a special add for the small, quick greens at Harbour Town but that's just a wild guess.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Titleist Vokey SM4 56

I get the WITBs from Callaway and they "forgot" to include it ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

How often do you hear Morning Drive say "he finally got that monkey off his back!" for a guy with 17 PGA Tour wins?

He has been ridiculously close multiple times over the last five years, including some Majors. It had to be weighing heavily on him.

Bill M

He has been ridiculously close multiple times over the last five years, including some Majors. It had to be weighing heavily on him.

Specifically, ten finishes of second or third since 2012, and that doesn't include the 2012 U.S. Open where he held the lead with three holes to play. (He finished T4 at Olympic.)

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

That is extremely impressive.  Furyk is a great example of getting the most out of your talent, knowing what your good at and knowing what your not good at.  Pretty obvious to see that he has a lot of drive still, he was very emotional after sinking the last putt.  And he is a guy that doesn't show emotion a lot....

Gotta think he will make the HOF with another win or two. Hell, Freddy is in with 15 and a major. Good for Furyk. Good guy deserved to win.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

Gotta think he will make the HOF with another win or two. Hell, Freddy is in with 15 and a major. Good for Furyk. Good guy deserved to win.

Good guy, sure but damn, I hope he doesn't make it into the HoF. Hated Couples getting in too. Gotta have 2 majors, preferably 3, in my mind.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I don't mind him making the HOF. He's not an all time great, but I think he's worthy of induction.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Note: This thread is 3304 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!