IGNORED

2015 U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Discussion Thread

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Trust me, Billy. The fans at Chambers Bay have no problem at all spotting you.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Looks like Web Simpson and a few others should have taken Mike Davis more seriously instead of blowing him off as not being able to assess the talent of the pros.

On another note, Phil did okay today.  Hopefully he keeps it going.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just checking the numbers from Germany on my way home... Without reading through all that was written, someone please tell me that Tiger was changing lanes again.. He wanted to use the competition round to implement his changes.. I'm sure there is a good reason for this.. But hey, he is with good company in Fowler.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Tiger may still be struggling with the break up with Lindsey. It took him a while to get his head on straight after his marriage broke up.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtogolf

The 80 today by Tiger makes the 85 two weeks ago seem less intentional than Tiger led us to believe.  He needs to leave the driver in the hotel room and go back to his stinger shot off the tee, assuming he can still hit that shot.

Yeah, hit the club he cold topped more? Nah. 3W was even worse than driver.

You can't miss right at the Old Course.

It looks really bad. Maybe he should take a year off, take up baseball, then attempt a comeback. All kidding aside, really there are no words to express.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

It looks to me (even though many players are not coming out and saying it), that most of the guys don't like the course. I have to agree with Sergio on this one. The Open needs to be played on a United States course instead of a links course. After all....it's the U.S. Open.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

It looks to me (even though many players are not coming out and saying it), that most of the guys don't like the course. I have to agree with Sergio on this one. The Open needs to be played on a United States course instead of a links course. After all....it's the U.S. Open.

Links-ish style course, as I was corrected yesterday. No one said US Open's should be relegated to just country clubs style courses.

My question is, are the greens really that bad or do they just look different because of the type of grass? Also is that causing them to mis-read putts more than how they actually roll. I was watching yesterday and the greens look to be rolling good.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Links-ish style course, as I was corrected yesterday. No one said US Open's should be relegated to just country clubs style courses.

My question is, are the greens really that bad or do they just look different because of the type of grass? Also is that causing them to mis-read putts more than how they actually roll. I was watching yesterday and the greens look to be rolling good.

FWIW Joost Luiten called the greens on his website 'matig', which means something in between bad and okay....

~Jorrit

I was watching and balls were hoping around like the putting surface had dimples.

- Shane

The pros can say what they want, but it is fair. They all have to play the same goat track.

It's true they all have to play the same piece of crap, but it's still a piece of crap IMO. I'm tuning out of the US Open. Done...

- Shane

Chambers Bay is wall-to-wall fescue, and that means that the greens aren't rolling as fast as players are used to seeing, especially at the U.S. Open. They appear to be rolling well (and I'm not particular about how they look), but it has to be a change of pace from the 12 and 13 Stimpmeter readings of old.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

The pros can say what they want, but it is fair. They all have to play the same goat track.

True, but that was not the question. Bad greens for everybody are still bad greens. I like the course btw, very challenging and fun to watch.

~Jorrit

Note: This thread is 3226 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!