IGNORED

Christine Brennan writes horrible Masters column about Spieth and Woods for some reason

Aguirre
Note: This thread is 3296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Spieth appears to just be a puppet of his parents...

His dad told him to go thank the patrons, so he did...  These aren't his instincts but his parents enforcement.

Not the way I see it.

Spieth has respect for his parents and values their input.

• Upvote 1

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not the way I see it.

Spieth has respect for his parents and values their input.

I agree with this. I think it was good that his parents had his back in clearly an emotional situation after winning The Masters.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Spieth appears to just be a puppet of his parents...

His dad told him to go thank the patrons, so he did...  These aren't his instincts but his parents enforcement.

Seriously?

He is mature, but still he is only 21 years old.

If I'd won the Master's I'd have wet myself without knowing it in the excitement.

I remember, barely, when I was 21 - no common sense then, and for a long time afterwards. Spieth is an old man in comparison. It would have been great to have someone remind me as to proper etiquette in the excitement of a great moment in life.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Turtleback, I am not blaming Tiger for the loss of fans(golfers).  I  didn't communicate clearly.  I am saying that the number of people playing golf and the number of rounds are down.  At least that is my understanding.  Tiger has been great for golf.

IMO, A Tiger Woods fist pump after making a big putt is the most exciting thing in sports.

Nah, it's too "uber". Won't anyone think of the children?

—Adam

Agree 100% with MsBrennan.  TW is self absorbed, egotistical jerk- a very poor role model and many are fed up w/ his act.

[quote name="Rick Martin" url="/t/81399/christine-brennan-writes-horrible-masters-column-about-spieth-and-woods-for-some-reason/0_40#post_1129821"] Sure they did - they always have. Tom Watson for example. Is is a loser in your eyes?

Tom Watson has been troubled by Tiger Woods's act for a long time now. The cursing. The banging of clubs. The detached disdain. Watson cannot stand that stuff. He thinks it's disrespectful to the game's history. He considers it dismissive of the great players who came before. More than anything: Tom Watson believes it is impolite. This is because, more than anything, [COLOR=FF0000]Watson believes golf is a gentleman's game.[/COLOR]

[URL=http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tom-watson-speaking-out-against-tiger-woodss-antics]http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tom-watson-speaking-out-against-tiger-woodss-antics[/URL] [/quote][quote name="Rick Martin" url="/t/81399/christine-brennan-writes-horrible-masters-column-about-spieth-and-woods-for-some-reason/0_40#post_1129840"] Yeah, TW doesn't anything about adultery, does he? [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/117634/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/117635/] [/URL] [/quote] [IMG]http://japanese999.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/You-suck.png[/IMG]

Riley

Just another pathetic,terrible write-up from another terrible,pathetic journalist.

I wish Spieth all the best but let's don't put him up on a pedestal,I'll never understand this trend.

Who does it really benefit?

Golf journalism is truly the worst kind of sports journalism. Golf.com is unreadable. Most golf writing is just sanctimonious hot takes. Not surprising, really, that she would write something like this.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Golf journalism is truly the worst kind of sports journalism. Golf.com is unreadable. Most golf writing is just sanctimonious hot takes. Not surprising, really, that she would write something like this.

Let's just say they give baseball writers a run for their money. Nothing's worse than a self-righteous baseball writer.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

We all have a past. Many of us us are not the same we were 5 years ago, or 5 months ago.

Unless you want to live in the past, and that's not really living in reality, let it go.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Wasn't the media critical of Jordan's outbursts when he lost in 2014. I remember a great deal of conversation about on Morning Drive.

Dave :-)

Tiger Woods does not act as a gentleman on the golf course. I would have been whipped into shape very quickly by my father and/or Jr. High golf coach at the age of 13 if I acted like he does on the course. I am surprised that this isn't a turn off to more people, and many seem so obsessed with him regardless.
  • Upvote 1

Tiger Woods does not act as a gentleman on the golf course. I would have been whipped into shape very quickly by my father and/or Jr. High golf coach at the age of 13 if I acted like he does on the course. I am surprised that this isn't a turn off to more people, and many seem so obsessed with him regardless.

He's an athlete in competition.  And he's not 13 years old.

"Witty golf quote."

He's not a 13-year-old.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Golf is a gentleman's game to myself and many others. He has every right to compete in the manner that he sees fit. It very simply makes me, individually, have trouble rooting for him. He does seem to act like a 13 year old after he hits a poor shot. I'm obviously in the minority with my opinion of him, so I must not be seeing things clearly. I don't know. edit: the point was to show that even a 13 year old should know how to behave well on the course. He is much older than 13 and struggles with this in my opinion. He can do as he wishes, I'm just giving my perspective on why I have trouble pulling for him. I'm not trying to say that he is a terrible person or bad for golf, he just has immature actions while on the course. I'm sure he doesn't care what I think though, for anyone who was getting ready to remind me. As stated before, I'm just surprised I'm in such a minority.

• Administrator
Golf is a gentleman's game to myself and many others. He has every right to compete in the manner that he sees fit. It very simply makes me, individually, have trouble rooting for him.

You get to have your opinion (we all do), but I don't think you realize how few people you have left to root for if that's your standard. Virtually EVERY PGA Tour golfer swears.

the point was to show that even a 13 year old should know how to behave well on the course. He is much older than 13 and struggles with this in my opinion.

If you have kids, you don't let them drink booze, right? But when they turn 21, then what?

I think the counter-point is we hold people to different standards based on the circumstances. Tiger is not 13 - we require better behavior of our own children than we do of the same people as adults. Additionally, he's not even to be held to the same standard as a guy playing recreationally - he's an athlete performing his athletic duties. Tiger's a grown man playing a highly competitive sport.

Are you a fan of any football teams? Hockey teams? Basketball teams? Or are they allowed to swear (or whatever) because they're not "gentleman's games"?

P.S. Obviously you're free to hold Tiger to the same standards as your own children, but… that's unusual. That's all I'm saying, not that you should or shouldn't do anything in particular.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3296 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!