IGNORED

TST Talks with GAME Golf

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Holy crap, I'm an idiot!  I 100% got the idea from you and your post and I meant to tag you when I wrote that and give acknowledgments, ............. and then I brain farted and forgot.

So sorry!!!!!!!!!!

:-$

Well, you posted it in a thread which is probably more appropriate, so, there's that. ;-)

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

"Only 10% of amateur golfers say they have a pre-shot routine . And of those, less than half follow the same routine each and every shot during a round." Dr. Michael Lardon.

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share this piece with you as it speaks about GAME GOLF's 'Tagging' , and how it was created by our CEO John McGuire and Graeme McDowell to act as a 'performance trigger' to aid a player to develop consistency with their pre-shot routine and improve their focus on the course. This is a theory that is supported by Dr Michael Lardon, a sports psychologist who has worked with Phil Mickelson in the past and put it into practice when Phil won the Open Championship in 2013.

'Tag & Go' is an important action that I feel has not been full understood by a lot of golfers who are using GAME GOLF so hopefully this piece should shed some more light about the 'Tag & Go' idea and how you can use it to help you with your game.

Again, every golfer is different so if you have found another way to incorporate the 'Tagging' into your game then please do not feel you have to change anything, this is simply a guide rather than the rule.

Let us know what you think and tell us how you have built the 'Tagging' into your game.

Thanks again

ARTICLE: http://www.golfballed.com/media2/golf-press-releases/18750-game-golf-and-the-pre-shot-pyramid

GAME GOLF and “The Pre-Shot Pyramid”!

GAME GOLF and “The Pre-Shot Pyramid”

Everyone knows that golf is as much mental as it is physical. If you tell yourself “ don’t hit it in the water ,” you’ll find yourself hitting it fat and short –right in the water. Another Pro V1 donated…

I wanted to reach out to offer you a story with a renowned sports psychologist who helped coach Phil Mickelson to his 2013 Open Championship victory.

Dr. Michael Lardon, author of “Mastering Golf’s Mental Game,” created the “Pre-shot Pyramid” (see below) to help golfers develop a specific, focused mental thought process before every swing. Dr. Lardon has coached some of the best players in the world, helping them master the three-step "mental pre-shot routine" of Calculate, Create and Execute— left-brained decision-making on club and shot (Calculate), right-brained visualization and feeling (Create) and pulling the trigger (Execute). Although it sounds simple in theory, to truly embrace a consistent, repeatable pre-shot routine and to dominate the mental side of the game is the biggest step towards game improvement.

Only 10% of amateur golfers say they have a pre-shot routine . And of those, less than half follow the same routine each and every shot during a round.  Dr. Lardon believes for the amateur golfer to improve focus on his/her game they must first have a pre-shot routine and take the proper steps mentally before hitting the ball each time.

To help golfers transition from left brain ( Calculate) to right brain (Create), Dr. Lardon has helped his players develop a physical performance trigger. For some it’s a simple manner of how they hold the club or settle into their stance. Others, it’s more obvious as they touch the visor on their cap or adjust the strap on their glove. Whatever the performance trigger, Dr. Lardon has found it to be an important tool to teach muscle memory. This physical act is known as a brain trigger.

After using the GAME GOLF digital stat tracking wearable device, Dr. Lardon found the “tagging” process provides a natural, tactile transition point for avid and amateur golfers to switch from left brain calculations to right brain visualization, ultimately establishing a consistent and repeatable pre-shot routine. Simply put, Dr. Lardon argues that a golfer at any level can preserve their mental energy by developing a physical performance trigger.

“When I worked with Phil Mickelson in the lead up to his win at the 2013 Open Championship, we worked on the visualization aspect of the Pre-Shot Pyramid,” said Dr. Lardon, who has also trained dozens of elite professional athletes and Olympic gold medalists from his practice in San Diego. “It’s easy for Tour players to “ Calculate " because they have caddies, but like amateurs, they need help transitioning from the left brain to the feel and flow of the right brain. The research shows that a physical movement can be used as a brain trigger to help the golfer see the shot they want and visualize what they need to do to get there. From a peak performance standpoint, GAME GOLF’s “tagging" is a viable pre-shot performance trigger that can be used to enhance any player's pre-shot routine."

We want to make Dr. Lardon available to talk about the importance of pre-shot routine, his “pre-shot pyramid” and the role it has played with PGA Tour professionals and athletes.

David Kelly

http://gamegolf.com

We're keeping hush on future plans, not much we can give from that regard.  That said, we have lots of new features coming in regards to data collected, and we'll continue to iterate on this.  Which is why we take the feedback put in the user forums so seriously.

Looking forward to seeing what the new features will be.  Do you have an idea of the time frame?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

It would be nice to see a feature that lets you look at your tendencies on a particular hole--similar to the maps you can see during PGA events where they show where all the different tee shots ended up and how they scored from there.

Randal

• Administrator

It would be nice to see a feature that lets you look at your tendencies on a particular hole--similar to the maps you can see during PGA events where they show where all the different tee shots ended up and how they scored from there.

Something like that would be SWEET!

Just take the existing GG tracer (maybe remove the arc from them and just draw straight lines point-to-point) and color them differently so you can see "the last 15 times I played this hole…" and see where all your shots went. Kind of like what they did for the ProTracer on the 17th hole at Sawgrass.

Like this, but for all your shots on that hole. Red would be one time you played the hole, yellow another, etc.:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just take the existing GG tracer (maybe remove the arc from them and just draw straight lines point-to-point) and color them differently so you can see "the last 15 times I played this hole…" and see where all your shots went. Kind of like what they did for the ProTracer on the 17th hole at Sawgrass.

Like this, but for all your shots on that hole. Red would be one time you played the hole, yellow another, etc.:

That would be awesome. Maybe it might show a trend a person has if they play a hole poorly each time.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

That would be awesome. Maybe it might show a trend a person has if they play a hole poorly each time.

Agreed!

+4.

I was thinking about that the other day.  Glad someone suggested it.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know if this has ever been brought up before, but would it be possible to just have another tag (maybe like a key fob or something) that you can tag the hole with after putting out? Seems like that would be a simple way to make the putting stats more useful. You could incorporate the tag into a divot tool or something.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I don't know if this has ever been brought up before, but would it be possible to just have another tag (maybe like a key fob or something) that you can tag the hole with after putting out? Seems like that would be a simple way to make the putting stats more useful.

You could incorporate the tag into a divot tool or something.

It's been discussed before. GPS isn't accurate enough to give you exact distances, so your stats wouldn't be very accurate, either, so it'd be kind of pointless anyway.

Putting stats are definitely top of mind.  During our Beta testing before launch we initially had a putts made by distance feature that we ended up pulling from the platform because unlike the PGA Tour's Shotlink system which uses multiple lasers for more precise putting distances, we have access to the highest grade GPS within realistic pricing means of course (spec'd higher grade than a phone's GPS) that depending on GPS conditions could mark a 5 foot putt as 5 feet but could also mark it as 12 feet - which just didn't seem like a viable option when our goal is to provide users with the greatest possible benefit to their game.

That said we have a team member who studied under Mark Broadie (father of the strokes gained theory) who is working on some really interesting features for the entire GAME GOLF platform.

- Jacob

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

It's been discussed before. GPS isn't accurate enough to give you exact distances, so your stats wouldn't be very accurate, either, so it'd be kind of pointless anyway.

Ok. Thanks.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Ok. Thanks.

It would be totally awesome if they could do it, though. Then I'd know exactly how bad I am at putting compared to the rest of the world.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

[quote name="billchao" url="/t/81465/tst-talks-with-game-golf/100_100#post_1145581"]It's been discussed before. GPS isn't accurate enough to give you exact distances, so your stats wouldn't be very accurate, either, so it'd be kind of pointless anyway.

Ok. Thanks.[/quote] If the GPS is not accurate enough for this, why does the analysis give you distance to the hole in feet for approach shots? It seems very inconsistent to me to say that the marking the hole location is unimportant becuase the distances won't be accurate and telling me I hit an 8i to 9ft last week in the same breath.

If the GPS is not accurate enough for this, why does the analysis give you distance to the hole in feet for approach shots?

It seems very inconsistent to me to say that the marking the hole location is unimportant becuase the distances won't be accurate and telling me I hit an 8i to 9ft last week in the same breath.

Yea I have a hard time understanding that, too. I can't seem to get my approach shots close enough on it. I've hit shots inside 10' and GG will tell me it's 20' or something. Honestly I never cared enough to think too much about it. It's more important to me that it gets the shape of my shot zone correctly and the distance of the shots than the distance from the pin.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Yea I have a hard time understanding that, too. I can't seem to get my approach shots close enough on it. I've hit shots inside 10' and GG will tell me it's 20' or something. Honestly I never cared enough to think too much about it. It's more important to me that it gets the shape of my shot zone correctly and the distance of the shots than the distance from the pin.

GG defaults to centre of the green, no? I assume you guys are taking that into account.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

GG defaults to centre of the green, no? I assume you guys are taking that into account.

Does it? Never knew that. It still doesn't explain how they can accurately give you the distance to ythe center of the green on an approach shot but not for putts.

Bill

My Swing Thread

Does it? Never knew that. It still doesn't explain how they can accurately give you the distance to ythe center of the green on an approach shot but not for putts.

It would be the same margin of error that's inherent in any measurement taken with that particular GPS system. The GG has no idea where the pin is, but it does know where the centre of the green is +/- whatever that margin of error is.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Note: This thread is 2949 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!