IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (May 2015)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Few hours of lessons with Erik today, and some on course play with lessons on shortgame and shot making.

Yeah, during which I got in five minutes of practice, too.

Oh, and 20 minutes downtown before a putter fitting at 9:30. They showed up early, so I didn't get as much time was I was hoping.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

May 9.

Went to a rainy demo day up at my golf club.

Hit chip shots and punch shots for 5 minutes to warm up.

My former pro showed up as a manufacturer's rep, and he gave me a couple of tips on wedge play.

Got to hit balls for two hours. Most of time there was just me and one other testing golfer.

For TM:

Tried the RSi1 irons, but were a bit light with stock shafts.

The RSi2 irons, when shafted the new KBS Tour 105 shaft (R-rlex), really flew well. / Felt like the SLDR irons.

For Mizuno:

The EZ Forged with the XP105 R flex really flew well.

The JPX-850 delivered the ball out to left a lot.

I need swing work more than new clubs right now.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Take your pick for today. Range with mom, but still had time to practice pitching, hit about 15 balls at the range (usual drill, see above), then some chipping and putting. Thinking about playing this afternoon...

Did so. Shot 88 on a course I'd never seen before. Not a spectacularly hard course, but 88 despite three balls in the water... the practice must be making me better. And I swear, all three balls in the water were well struck shots that I thought were from the right distance for that club. This daily practice, even if it's only five minutes, is probably the zillionth thing Erik has put me up to doing for golf that I wish I had started doing much sooner.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Hit balls today and worked on my "play swing". Hit it ok, was changing my target every few shots to challenge myself.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

15 mins full swing practice outside with a 6 iron. Working on swing tempo from A4 thru to a full finish.

Chris.:roll:

Well I'm out. Typed up my post for the 8th and never submitted it...

5/8: I'm getting geared up for a round tomorrow so I spent a good ten minutes today (spread out over several mini-sessions) confirming my address and top-of-backswing positions, making some slow swings paying attention to weight placement, and hitting a dozen short chips into (or at least "toward") my bucket trying to glide through the ball rather than stabbing at it.

Hoping to break 80 tomorrow, but that might be a fools hope. The season is still quite young...

5/9: I missed the 70s by one stroke today. Hit a lot of good shots, but plenty of bad as well.

I missed posting yesterday.  Busy day with a college graduation a few hours away and then getting ready for Mother's day when I got home.

All I was able to do was the no club extensor action drill from Stephan's post here.

post #44

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Gonna be tough this week to get my 5 min in every day. I am doing training for work, and will be out of town. I will still try. Probably try to do some mirror work every day looking at my back swing and right elbow. That's what I did this morning.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Practiced putting in the living room for about 10 mins before I'm taking my mom to a brewers game.  I need to do a better job starting my putts on my intended line and hitting the ball out of the middle of the putter.  So to work on this I put 2 balls a little wider than my putter head and a ball in the middle.  Im taking the putter back and making sure that I don't hit either ball on the way through when I hit the ball.  I get inconsistent contact with my putter at times which seems like a stupid problem to have.

May 10, (10 in a row)

Chipping into a box outback this morning... 10-15 minutes

Then some full swings - stopping at the top of the back swing

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Today is Mother's Day, but managed to get in some chipping practice with 7i from off my green ... just trying to hit it straight into the hole. On another front, shot some videos last night, and got back into evolvr. Been procrastinating too long on that ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I worked on my swing in the mirror for 5 minutes early this morning. Objective was banking the right foot as opposed to starting the downswing by kicking the right knee inward

Got some good work in today hitting plastic balls in the living room.. Going very steep to the top and then coming down shallow and chipping the ball against the wall.. Felt pretty good!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Spent 5-10 minutes doing slow settings without a club, focusing on where my left knee is going on the back swing and getting my weight forward on the forward swing.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Note: This thread is 3254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!