IGNORED

Golfer Pulls Gun on Group Over Golf Etiquette Dispute at New Britain Course [NBC Local]

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

LOL.   Good answer, Strandly.     BTW, shooting is an Olympic event.   Maybe the guy was planning to do some shooting practice while playing golf.

Or maybe he was planning on doing some skeet shooting afterwards.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Upvote 1

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Or maybe he was planning on doing some skeet shooting afterwards.

If it was a shotgun that's a definite possibility. Sporting clays is considered shootings version of golf.

carrying a gun is no big deal, in the south where I live anyway. It is a big deal to point it at someone for anything less than a life threatening situation, though. Sounds like the issue is this kid owning a gun in the first place. I carry a gun with me everyday and I've thankfully never had to unholster it, and I've met some pretty rude golfers. LOL

The bold above is the point of my responses.   As I said, some golfers don't have the temperament to play the game.   I had hard time transitioning from physical sports I was into to golf.   Thankfully, CA is not a place I can carry guns in my cart.  If I had, I may be sitting in jail right now.   After 6 years of playing golf, I think I got the "gentleman" part of the game.   But not before I had a few yelling matches with numerous golfers, a simple majority of them being my fault.   These days, I just call the golf shop to send a marshal out, which is what the kid should have done.

BTW, Krupa, great video!   Thanks!

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

This story reminds me of the scene in 'The Big Lebowski' when John Goodman pulls out his gun in the bowling alley.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

but seriously, carrying a gun is no big deal,

Thinking that carrying a gun on a golf course is OK a huge deal.

Imagine being that paranoid.

• Upvote 1

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

NFL or NBA are good ones for that.

I don't recall football or basketball having an abundance of firearms.  Maybe you're from the future.

"Witty golf quote."

Thinking that carrying a gun on a golf course is OK a huge deal.

Imagine being that paranoid.

TBH, I'm not surprised there's that mentality in certain parts of the US.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Rambling mode on:

Back to OT ... no need to pull out a gun.   The wedges (heaviest club in the bag?) will do nicely.  If you have a short arm/wing span, grab a driver.    Throwing golf balls may work, too.  How about snapping wet towels at each other?   Be sure to wet the towel with lots of water for an advantage.    Or, do it the old fashion way.  Use your fists.   Loser pays for the dentist.   Pulling out a gun makes no sense whatsoever in any sports but shooting, an official Olympic event.   BTW, I didn't know there are more than a half dozen different shooting categories, distances.   And guess which country is leading the total all time medal count?   Yes, USA with Soviet/Russia & China trailing.

Rambling mode off.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Rambling mode on:

Back to OT ... no need to pull out a gun.   The wedges (heaviest club in the bag?) will do nicely.

Rambling mode off.

That's what Elin said to Tiger...

• Upvote 1

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

A twosome joined up with my father and I on an Augusta, GA course......as we waited on the 18th tee and shot the breeze, one of the guys (from ATL) showed us his handgun in his bag. Kind of shocked. Just learned from that point forward, be careful who/when you confront people on the golf course - you never know what their background and/or issues are. Could be a whackjob w/ a gun.

[QUOTE name="danL" url="/t/81831/golfer-pulls-gun-on-group-over-golf-etiquette-dispute-at-new-britain-course-nbc-local#post_1138843"]  but seriously, carrying a gun is no big deal ,[/QUOTE] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/120615/] [/URL] Thinking that carrying a gun on a golf course is OK a huge deal. Imagine being that paranoid.

Yup. Not a big deal. People kill, not guns. A golf club could be used as a deadly weapon as well. FWIW, I do not carry a gun unless I am hunting, but I don't begrudge someone there right to do so.

• Upvote 2

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I carry a S&W; 40 when I am in a potentially hazardous situation, but have not considered a round of golf to be of that sort. O:)

Maybe I have too much faith in my fellow man?

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

If one has to bring a gun to keep it in a golf cart, I'd say he's a bit paranoid.  I am not questioning people's right to carry gun in some States.  This thread is not about gun control/right.  I am questioning the mindset of people (like the kid in the article) who think they have to keep a gun in his cart while playing golf.   What life threatening encounters are they expecting while playing golf?

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Originally Posted by Strandly

I don't recall football or basketball having an abundance of firearms.  Maybe you're from the future.

Or maybe he's being incredibly ignorant... to put it nicely.

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aguirre

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strandly

Or maybe he's being incredibly ignorant... to put it nicely.

Strandly, I thought, was referring to Hernandez case.  There have been other cases where the players were known to carry guns.   Try googling "NBA players guns."

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I carry a S&W; 38 special, loaded with shell shot, score, snakes 2,wild dogs1, people 0. If you have a dispute with person on etiquette,just walk the other way, it easier to walk away than confront.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Note: This thread is 3269 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!