IGNORED

What do you think of Slow-Mo Video Analysis of PGA Tour players on TV?

Note: This thread is 3244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What's your opinion of the slow-mo video analysis announcers will do during coverage of PGA Tour events?

• I learn a lot.
    • I watch it for the laughs.
    • It's horrible.
    • Meh.

It's pretty bad, yea, but at least it's not as bad as it was five years ago. It's still bad, but these guys are at least aware of some better information nowadays, and occasionally it shines through. They still say odd things like "resisting the lower body," or "full release," but… I dunno, it's not as cringe inducing as it used to be. Maybe I'm just inured to it these days.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I voted for the laughs. Kostis today proved he doesn't understand simple angles.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

I voted horrible today but 3+ years ago before I was a member of TST I'd have voted "I learn a lot".  I think we take for granted how poor the information about the golf swing is in the non TST world.

Joe Paradiso

It's great to watch the video to see the back swing and downswing positions in slow motion, but most of the time the analysis is pretty bad!

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

For laughs, meh..

They reveal the golf's most profound secrets on TV all the time ".. and this ladies and gents, is why, this 5 ft 9 inch man weighing 150 lbs. hits it well over 300 yards.."

Vishal S.

I love seeing slow mo video of golf swings, but I usually mute the TV so I don't have to hear Kostis screw it up.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I've learned a lot from the high-speed replays. For instance, I realized what ball first, then turf meant when watching Tiger hit an iron on high-speed - watching the bottom of the grooves dig and stress the shaft engravedl in my head to really hit down at the ball (obviously weight forward at impact). Forever fixed my iron swing and knew what actual compression was when the ball would just "spring" off the club face.

I voted for the laughs. Kostis today proved he doesn't understand simple angles.

I missed it, what did he say?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I missed it, what did he say?

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/05/17/rory-mcilroy_s-powerful-swing-is-analyzed-at-wells-fargo.html

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

I wonder who the 9 people who voted that they learned a lot are.

I voted for laughs because I think it's funny when someone that has been involved in some capacity with golf for at least 10 years says that is totally wrong and I arrogantly know it is while only being involved with golf for 3 years (because of TST. :-D ).

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/05/17/rory-mcilroy_s-powerful-swing-is-analyzed-at-wells-fargo.html

Haha, "greater than 90 degrees".

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

He needs to take a look at a protractor, if he was increasing the angle he would be casting the club.

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

Lol. Hilarious.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I noticed in another swing analysis, Kostis said the opposite of what he meant. I think he meant more control vs less control when commenting on one of McIlroy's swings. This and the angle decreases rather than increases in the other swing vid - I hope they're just mental faux pas. Like when you once in a while say left when you meant right.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

[URL=http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/05/17/rory-mcilroy_s-powerful-swing-is-analyzed-at-wells-fargo.html]http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/05/17/rory-mcilroy_s-powerful-swing-is-analyzed-at-wells-fargo.html[/URL]

How on Earth do they keep that video on their site? *boggle*

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I noticed in another swing analysis, Kostis said the opposite of what he meant. I think he meant more control vs less control when commenting on one of McIlroy's swings. This and the angle decreases rather than increases in the other swing vid - I hope they're just mental faux pas. Like when you once in a while say left when you meant right.

I'm sure you're right - it was just a brain fart. But, that was prerecorded, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't go back and fix it. Unless he actually doesn't understand angles.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 3244 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!