IGNORED

Golf Channel Cuts 30 Jobs, Cancels Big Break

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have not watched it for a while.  Just a bunch of contrived drama.

I never warmed up to Big Break either.   The show and participants rub me the wrong way.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

As long as they put Melanie Collins somewhere on the network....

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Next to a lot of the crapola they show on television, I'd miss Big Break or some of the other shows. Feherty also gets my vote for their best show.

Should stop watching so darn much tv anyway. I just sit on the couch and suck down beer when I do it.

I lost interest in The Big Break a long time ago. It was interesting for awhile because it was different, but like others have said it became repetitive. I haven't watched TGC at all for years either though so that's just as much a reason as any that I haven't watched TBB.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

This is decent news for me, I work in live television and still plan on applying to the Golf Channel very soon to do studio work.

I'm also not a fan of Big Break.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Like others, I was an early fan of The Big Break but haven't watched in a few years. If more live programming means stuff like the NCAA's, bring it on. I've really enjoyed these past couple of weeks. The ladies event was tremendous, men's so far has been great and I'm sure match play over the next couple days will be just as compelling as the ladies were last week, probably more. And I'm a guy that generally won't watch an event with no names.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

[QUOTE name="Shindig" url="/t/82304/golf-channel-cuts-30-jobs-cancels-big-break#post_1149164"] And yet they're keeping "Altered Course." That show doesn't look good at all.[/QUOTE] its already been filmed, the costs have been absorbed. Besides the little I have seen in previews, most of the production will be done with go pros. rather than boom cameras and exotic regions and resorts.

Good point. It would make no sense to not air it unless it crashes, which I doubt it will.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Also not a fan, but I did watch because I pretty much watch GC 24/7, but I watched without interest, and they didn't seem to care much about making sure the contestants were hot chicks, which didn't help, shallow I am, I know.

So I'm OK with this, my preference is golf, even reruns, golf instruction, yes even the Golf Fix, and golf news, that's all I need, the original programming is not for me.

I would have enjoyed Big Break more if it had been done in a "game show" format instead of a "reality show".  I enjoy watching the competitions, but couldn't care less about all the emotional drama behind the scenes.  It's like watching The Bachelor or Keeping Up With The Kardashians with golf clubs involved.  I'd be much more interested in watching live coverage of NCAA events or the Web.com tour or whatever - hell, I'd be more interested in watching them televise a local club tournament from some backwater muni in the middle of nowhere! :-)

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Big Break > NCAA golf

Not for me, I've been enjoying watching the college golf. And unlike the Big Break, it actually matters ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Not for me, I've been enjoying watching the college golf. And unlike the Big Break, it actually matters ;-)

Ditto, it's been phenomenal drama. Heading home now to watch it.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Not for me, I've been enjoying watching the college golf. And unlike the Big Break, it actually matters

Ditto, it's been phenomenal drama. Heading home now to watch it.

Yeah, seriously.  And I even like the Big Break ... but compared to the NCAA's (both the men and women), BB is a huge joke.  If this is the kind of coverage we can continue to expect in its place, then I say good riddance.

The coverage of the college championships has been outstanding.

[QUOTE name="mvmac" url="/t/82304/golf-channel-cuts-30-jobs-cancels-big-break/0_30#post_1149827"]   Not for me, I've been enjoying watching the college golf. And unlike the Big Break, it actually matters ;-) [/QUOTE] [QUOTE name="Gunther" url="/t/82304/golf-channel-cuts-30-jobs-cancels-big-break/0_30#post_1149902"] Ditto, it's been phenomenal drama. Heading home now to watch it.[/QUOTE] Yeah, seriously.  And I even like the Big Break ... but compared to the NCAA's (both the men and women), BB is a huge joke.  If this is the kind of coverage we can continue to expect in its place, then I say good riddance. The coverage of the college championships has been outstanding.

Go Tigers! Agreed. NCAA puts bb to shame. More lower tier golf like this and all is good. I enjoyed bb for the fun of finding rising stars and getting a glimpse at how good aspiring golfers are. But the format needed serious update. Just became parody of itself. Get back to real golf.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Outside of Tommy "Two-Gloves" has anyone from BB actually did anything worth note on their prospective Tours? I must admit I never really followed much of what they've done after the show but I do remember seeing him on a leader board or 2 during play in the PGA during tournaments.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Outside of Tommy "Two-Gloves" has anyone from BB actually did anything worth note on their prospective Tours? I must admit I never really followed much of what they've done after the show but I do remember seeing him on a leader board or 2 during play in the PGA during tournaments.

I think one made it to the LPGA or played in number of tournaments.  I forget her name but you can probably google who that is.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Matt Every has had the most success.

Matt Every has had the most success.

Tony Finau is starting to gain some traction too.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3236 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!