IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge (June 2015)

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another small bucket at the range today, focusing on swinging slowly and feeling the change at transition.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Second post for today.  30 minutes hitting into the net.  7i, 5h and driver.

Taylormade SLDR S Driver, 3w, 3h, 4h, 5h, 6h
Taylormade RSI 2 7i, 8i, 9i
Cleveland 46w, 52w, 56w, 60w
Acer CB2 putter
Ogio Chamber cart bag

6/2/15... While it was slow at Friendly's... I grabbed my spatula and worked on keeping my wrist flat at the top of the back swing (yes my spatula)... Its hard to get much practice in when you work a ten hour shift, so you have to get creative sometimes... Also worked on my posture at set-up using the back of a chair (again while it was slow)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

6-2 10 minutes mirror practice

Matt E.

:srixon: Z745 (9.5°)

:touredge: XCG5 4 wood (16.5°)

:gigagolf: Turbo Power Z 7 wood (21°)

Louisville Golf Niblick 7 wood (24°)

Miura Baby Blades 5-PW

:mizuno: MP69 PW (50°)

Scor Wedges (53°, 57°)

:edel: Putter

Hit balls, worked on some good stuff but hit it kinda crappy.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Could only manage 5 minutes mirror work on my set-up and pre-shot routine......due to waking up with a really painful left shoulder blade! Hope a bit of rest will sort it.

Matt

6/3/15 Spent 5 minutes putting trying to feel as if I was rocking the baby

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Still working on getting the hips in a nicer impact position. . .

Spent more than 5 minutes on it.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Started using a 25lb kettle bell for 5 minutes a day, doing some  figure 8 to a hold to work core

Followed by short swing (chipping/bump & run) to get my wrists through the ball

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Practiced "chipping draws" at the range with my driver, wow do I get some strange looks doing this. Still waiting for someone to give me advice I'm sure it won't take long.

6/3: 5 minutes in front of the mirror trying to get squared up at address and feeling a swing with the body instead of just the arms.

6/2/15...

While it was slow at Friendly's... I grabbed my spatula and worked on keeping my wrist flat at the top of the back swing (yes my spatula)... Its hard to get much practice in when you work a ten hour shift, so you have to get creative sometimes... Also worked on my posture at set-up using the back of a chair (again while it was slow)

Love it!

Spent five to ten minutes doing slow motion position drills before my round today as a warm up.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I've been having trouble with pulls again lately (thus my username) so I took a few practice balls in the backyards and aimed at a post in my back yard from about 15 feet away and paid attention to where the ball started. I do pull the ball but I think I also line up wrong a lot. Seems like I line up my club and then take an open stance. I practiced feeling like my stance was too closed and started hitting the post regularly. My only concern is how do I know for sure if I am lining up correctly now or if I am in fact too closed and just pulling the ball?

Really a looooooooooong day at work, but managed to stumble out in the backyard for some putting practice ... actually kind of nice to get out by myself.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Note: This thread is 3220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!