IGNORED

2015 Memorial Tournament Discussion Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have the feeling that if you're not  a tad under par after 36, you're not making the cut. And if you're on the cut line, you'll be out of it.

Tiger? Buehler?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Spieth right there in contention and Tiger has a bad round.

*yawn. What else is new. Same ole, same ole. Wake me up when Tiger's actually in contention again (that may be a while).

Spieth right there in contention and Tiger has a bad round.

What else is new.

Well, the Duff Man is back! So it seems anyway. I'd love to see this be his first win after the divorce.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Well, the Duff Man is back! So it seems anyway. I'd love to see this be his first win after the divorce.

Excited to see that. And just in time for the Open. For a lot of these guys (like Tiger), this is their tuneup for Chambers Bay. If you want any sort of confidence whatsoever for the big one, you need to find something in your game this week. That's why I'm hoping Tiger makes the cut. If you can't make the cut here on a course that's playing easier than ever, you're screwed at Chambers Bay.

Good to see Furyk in contention at 45 years young.

Not if you want the tournament to finish sometime this weekend.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Dufner just went back to back eagles after acing the 16th, also a double on the 12th and he's 4 under through 7.

Wow--4 eagles thru 29 holes for Duff.  Wish I could watch some of this...

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I am absolutely loving the featured group coverage. Very good commentators both yesterday and today.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

Tiger quickly out of the gate with 2 birdies through 2 holes today, bringing him back inside the cut line.  You could hear the roar from his crowd on the featured group coverage.

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

i think his second shot jsut now went 6 feet 3 inches. according to the play by play. still has a chance at par.

edit - wonky shot tracker.  he hit a poor second but not that bad,.

and he makes par.

Colin P.

Why was Alex Cejka disqualified?  I can't find any news on it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So this is what I don't understand....Tiger Woods doesn't play hardly any tournaments the last two months but says he's been working "hard" on his game at home yet comes out and can't hit a ball in the fairway. What's worse is he's missing it both sides...a sign his game is a mess, not "close" like he claims. Either he hasn't really been working much the last couple months or Tiger's game is in a lot worse shape than we think. Meanwhile, Jordan Spieth continues to play unbelievable golf.

That is a front 9 33 for Tiger on Friday.  Will be interesting to see if he can gain a few more strokes, or if he implodes on the back 9.  Wouldn't mind seeing him get to around -5 and a chance to get in the mix come Saturday, even though I'm no Tiger (well, Tiger Woods that is) fan.

Surprised this tournament doesn't get much more attention on here - it's good fun and lots of great golf being played on a pretty course. As a biased Englishman, nice to see Sullivan and Rose up there with Matsuyama as well

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 3246 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!