IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, rkim291968 said:

Another poll had Trump in 2nd behind Cruz.

Not in any polls I check. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Trump is +10 to +13 ahead of Cruz. I am kinda skeptical of a poll that actually shows Cruz that far ahead. Though I do wish Cruz would go away. I really do not like him. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Not in any polls I check. 

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/2016_republican_presidential_nomination-3823.html

Trump is +10 to +13 ahead of Cruz. I am kinda skeptical of a poll that actually shows Cruz that far ahead. Though I do wish Cruz would go away. I really do not like him. 

Have you heard the sample size of some of these polls? A couple last week were 400 registered voters. That is really small.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

As a brit i get really confused with your elections and candidates. Other than Trump (who the world knows is a total muppet), Who are the other candidates and what have they got going for/against them?

Is it going to be a case of "best of a bad bunch"?

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

8 minutes ago, RussUK said:

As a brit i get really confused with your elections and candidates. Other than Trump (who the world knows is a total muppet), Who are the other candidates and what have they got going for/against them?

That is a bit off topic for this thread. Let's stick to Trump.

Scott

My Swing Thread

7 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

IIRC, the last polling from Iowa showed him in first and Senator Cruz on second so it'll be tough for Donald Trump to spin a loss in Iowa.

In the last two caucuses, Iowa has selected Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee. Not to be harsh, but kinda who cares what Iowa thinks? Results like that display no worthwhile predictive value, especially since they're giving Trump and Cruz such high favorables.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:

That is a bit off topic for this thread. Let's stick to Trump.

Sorry, will do.

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

6 hours ago, RussUK said:

The information can be easily obtained by Googling if you really want to know.

IMO, the Reps have qualified candidates.  Heck, almost all except Carson may be considered a better qualified than Trump.  My preferred candidates are Kasich, and Jeb Bush.   They are considered to be moderate but (b/c of?) at the bottom of the poll. 

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

6 hours ago, dkolo said:

In the last two caucuses, Iowa has selected Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee. Not to be harsh, but kinda who cares what Iowa thinks? Results like that display no worthwhile predictive value, especially since they're giving Trump and Cruz such high favorables.

In 2008, then Senator Obama beat then Senator Clinton in a year where the establishment was behind Clinton.  I think it gave him the Obama the credibility to demonstrate he was a "real" candidate and not just a rising star within the party.

That said, I think Trump would care because if he's all about winning, he has to be able to explain why he didn't win - unless he defaults to his previous comments about Iowans.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Trump can't take rejection.   He will care deeply about Iowa.   I look for a mother of all tantrums if and when he loses Iowa.   He will blame the "stupid" Iowans, media, RNC, whoever wins Iowa, ....  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Probably he really does seem to think everyone else is wrong, about everything. Funny thing was early on when he was half rational and not saying completely ridiculous things some people I know were actually considering voting for him. Now it's kind of a what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas vibe they'd like to forget they ever mentioned it. Any decent ideas he has are overshadowed by his zaniness.

Dave :-)

In another thread not too long ago, I expressed an opinion of not accepting Syrian refugees to the US.   After listening to Trump's ban all Muslims into the US rhetoric, I realized how wrong I was with my "opinion."    I am here to say that I'd rather welcome the refugees and work together to build a strong, unified nation - brothers us all.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

On 12/9/2015 at 8:46 AM, RussUK said:

Thought this was amusing. We have a similar thing here where the White House needs to respond to some issue if there are enough online "votes" for the petition. 

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/09/politics/uk-donald-trump-ban-petition/

London (CNN)A petition calling for Donald Trump to be banned from entering the UK has attracted more than a quarter of a million signatures -- more than enough for a committee to consider sending the motion for parliamentary debate.

Spoiler

For what it's worth (to answer your question about other candidates), I think the US Republican electorate is pining for a leader who is not a politician at all. Trump, Carson (neurosurgeoun), Fiorina (businesswoman) have made a larger impact than I'd have guessed. The "presumptive" nominee started out as Jeb Bush, younger brother of George W Bush, and he can't even get any excitement going. The other top politicians getting votes are Cruz, Rubio, Christie, Kasich, etc (mostly national Senators or state Governors) are fighting for the scraps right now so that when the non-politicians crash and burn that they are positioned to get those votes.

The other half is the Democrat side, and most of us think Hillary Clinton will get their nomination. A cranky old guy with some real swagger is making some waves though, Sanders. He's a sensation, but likely won't beat out Clinton.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

1 minute ago, RandallT said:

Thought this was amusing. We have a similar thing here where the White House needs to respond to some issue if there are enough online "votes" for the petition. 

http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/09/politics/uk-donald-trump-ban-petition/

Reveal hidden contents

For what it's worth (to answer your question about other candidates), I think the US Republican electorate is pining for a leader who is not a politician at all. Trump, Carson (neurosurgeoun), Fiorina (businesswoman) have made a larger impact than I'd have guessed. The "presumptive" nominee started out as Jeb Bush, younger brother of George W Bush, and he can't even get any excitement going. The other top politicians getting votes are Cruz, Rubio, Christie, Kasich, etc (mostly national Senators or state Governors) are fighting for the scraps right now so that when the non-politicians crash and burn that they are positioned to get those votes.

The other half is the Democrat side, and most of us think Hillary Clinton will get their nomination. A cranky old guy with some real swagger is making some waves though, Sanders. He's a sensation, but likely won't beat out Clinton.

Here's the thing. If we do ban him, what happens to Turnberry?

Saw a poll today where 35% of Republican Primary Voters support Trump.

That is all. Now pass me a shot of tequila.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

On 12/9/2015 at 8:46 AM, RussUK said:

It's always an effort to pick the "best of a bad bunch". They are politicians after all.

The Democrats and Republics will have primary elections next spring. It's basically a semifinal for the November election that will determine the next President. In other words, there is a very long way to go. 

The amazing thing is that Trump and those that still support him in spite of the insane nature of his recent 'decree' don't realize that his proposal of denying all Muslims entrance into the US would be strongly counter to mitigating Muslim jihadists and their recruiting tactics. We would only be making their case for them This would quickly push Muslims on the fence into extremism, and even moderates as well.

Does the conservative American public not see this??? C'mon man!! This is common sense!

dak4n6

2 minutes ago, thug the bunny said:

The amazing thing is that Trump and those that still support him in spite of the insane nature of his recent 'decree' don't realize that his proposal of denying all Muslims entrance into the US would be strongly counter to mitigating Muslim jihadists and their recruiting tactics. We would only be making their case for them This would quickly push Muslims on the fence into extremism, and even moderates as well.

Does the conservative American public not see this??? C'mon man!! This is common sense!

Conservative American public sees it.  It's the uneducated, angry, racist leaning whites who are supporting Trump.  Trump has nothing to do with conservatism.   He's all about his ego.  His supporters can't be too intelligent to keep falling for Trump's non stop lies.   Politicians lie but Trump is a class by himself.  

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I don't see many on this site as supportive of Trump. Even the conservative posters don't see to support him. That is why I question the sample size and accuracy of the polls. We need real primaries to sort things out.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Note: This thread is 2956 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!