IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

58 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Written fall of last year: Donald Trump is America’s Silvio Berlusconi

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/09/21/donald-trump-is-americas-silvio-berlusconi/

Donald Trump is not a joke: A warning to Americans from an Italian who survived Berlusconi

http://qz.com/624065/a-tip-to-americans-from-an-italian-who-saw-berlusconi-get-elected-again-and-again-and-again/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silvio_Berlusconi

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And Christie is apparently now endorsing Trump.

I think Trump took some hits, but actually won that debate on the politics of it. Rubio went off the deep end a few too many times on policy issues to emerge as an alternative for moderates. He seems to be trying to out-Cruz Cruz on ideological extremism while trying to out-Trump Trump on personality.

I think two highlights for Trump were his "I will not allow people to die on the sidewalks and the streets of our country" moment, and his defense of an even-handed approach to Palestine in the face of Rubio's extremist position.

I think this is where you really start to see Trump become the "establishment" candidate. There are really no reasonable alternatives left.

16 minutes ago, acerimusdux said:

I think Trump took some hits, but actually won that debate on the politics of it. Rubio went off the deep end a few too many times on policy issues to emerge as an alternative for moderates. He seems to be trying to out-Cruz Cruz on ideological extremism while trying to out-Trump Trump on personality.

I think two highlights for Trump were his "I will not allow people to die on the sidewalks and the streets of our country" moment, and his defense of an even-handed approach to Palestine in the face of Rubio's extremist position.

I think this is where you really start to see Trump become the "establishment" candidate. There are really no reasonable alternatives left.

This is exactly why we have debates. My feeling is that the press was uneasy about this debate, because it really was one. That's why it appeared to be a "mess". Seriously, when you get a room full of people to debate what they believe and how they would use that belief to run our country what should we expect? All that civil "I respect my opponent" business is for career politicians who really don't have a stance that is all that different than all the other candidates.

The only two candidates that have this "truth in politics" are Trump and Sanders. Sanders has absolutely no chance running as a democrat. I do like his personality much better than Trump, but I don't find him to be a powerful enough a force to win the presidency. More importantly to win as a president.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

17 minutes ago, acerimusdux said:

He seems to be trying to out-Cruz Cruz on ideological extremism while trying to out-Trump Trump on personality.

Agree - he seems to be trying to still define himself based on what looks popular rather than having that definition already in place.  (remember john kerry - it's not "flip flopping", it's pandering)

Strategy is fine, but it shouldn't define one's philosophy - it should be used to present one's philosophy

Bill - 

32 minutes ago, acerimusdux said:

The Christie endorsement is huge. It pulled attention away from Rubio and back to Trump. It also signals that the establishment is ready to consolidate around Trump. 

He struggled early in the debate, I don't think he was ready for the Cruz-Rubio attack. He recovered nicely, though, and the line about leaving people to die on the sidewalks was a turning point, agreed. 

He is also not an Israel slappy, which means he actually has a chance of helping negotiate some type of agreement. 

He also understands that you don't reveal much this early in the election cycle. Stating firm conservative positions will cost him independent votes in the general election. He is careful not to paint himself into corners. 

- Mark

20 minutes ago, Braivo said:

He is careful not to paint himself into corners. 

Mostly because while all this unfolds he is taking FP and conservative remedial classes. Easier to say vague things like I'll build a wall and I'll make deals than steer the conversation out of his comfort zone. By the time he actually has to say something he'll have the nomination.

Dave :-)

14 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

Mostly because while all this unfolds he is taking FP and conservative remedial classes. Easier to say vague things like I'll build a wall and I'll make deals than steer the conversation out of his comfort zone. By the time he actually has to say something he'll have the nomination.

Ha ha.. I thought it was just me who thought that now that things are getting serious my man is trying to learn presidency on the fly...

He still doesn't get my vote.. Not enamored with HRC either. But she is not light on details like DT is. She lies (IMO) and a bit high handed but at the moment lesser of evils.

I wish he start out on a smaller stage like mayor to get some political chops before and also demonstrate some staying power in spite of many no-win situations politicians have to endure at all levels. That would possibly win some votes of people who think that some level of public service experience is necessary for the top seat. In spite of best intentions, Congress is not his personal corporate boardroom where he can muscle his will through. There are grandstanders in Congress in both parties who can out do him in meaningless stubbornness. I fear lame duck presidency among other inabilities.

There still seems to be a small part of him that I feel treats presidency as a trophy to add to his collection. But admittedly he seems to have grown in seriousness.

Vishal S.

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 3.39.42 PM.png

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

11 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 3.39.42 PM.png

At the rate he's currently going, and assuming no dropouts in the next 4 days, it looks like Trump will have on the order of 400 or so delegates.  (I did verrrrrrrrrrrry basic math assuming he wins 50% of all 13 states on Tuesday.)  So even if he crushes them all like he has been, then he's still only around 1/3 of the way to the promised land.

And if he keeps at that rate all the way through, it looks like he wins officially on April 26th or thereabouts.  (I had to backtrack because I gave him only 50% for a few states that were winner take all in later march)

1 hour ago, Golfingdad said:

At the rate he's currently going, and assuming no dropouts in the next 4 days, it looks like Trump will have on the order of 400 or so delegates.  (I did verrrrrrrrrrrry basic math assuming he wins 50% of all 13 states on Tuesday.)  So even if he crushes them all like he has been, then he's still only around 1/3 of the way to the promised land.

And if he keeps at that rate all the way through, it looks like he wins officially on April 26th or thereabouts.  (I had to backtrack because I gave him only 50% for a few states that were winner take all in later march)

1 hour ago, Dave2512 said:

A Cruz win in TX could tighten that up. I hope it doesn't but certainly possible. 

Cruz is going to drop in the polls with his support shifting to Rubio. This could mean Trump takes Texas.

Also, many of these states have 20% thresholds where if a candidate doesn't get at least 20% of the vote their delegates defer to the winner. This could boost Trumps numbers, especially if Cruz goes below the 20% level which is where he is trending. 

- Mark

8 hours ago, The Recreational Golfer said:

Ironic comment of the year:

"I don't want my daughters to grow up in a country where Donald Trump is president."   - Ted Cruz

Don't see the irony.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

8 hours ago, k-troop said:

Pretty rare that you hear someone refer to a septuagenarian as "exciting and new."  Wait...was Bernie ever on an episode of the Love Boat?

Lol yeah he is all that. But with a weird hep cat 60's hangover appeal. It's an odd mix. 

Dave :-)

15 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

Yes, I posted this because 82 / 1237 is but 7% of the required delegates. Yes, it looks good for Drumpf, but it's a long road, anything can happen, anyone can have a macaca moment.

TBH, these protracted campaigns, the sportsification of politics, the stupid crazy insane money, the lowest denominator sound byte grade school trash talking, where no one is really doing a deep drill down into the real issues of our day, are a massive turn off. I've only been following peripherally. Don't get me started on how outdated our ancienne primary system is. 

shaking-head-sad-smiley-emoticon.gif

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

13 hours ago, Gunther said:

Don't see the irony.

How 'bout now?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

On 2/26/2016 at 9:59 AM, RandallT said:

This year it seem like each party will have a tougher than normal time rallying around their nominee.

If Trump wins, the establishment folks (and many other non-establishment conservatives) will likely not support or vote Trump in the general. If Trump loses the nomination, I think a lot of Trump supporters will never vote for the Republican nominee, possibly abstain or vote 3rd party. ...

Political commentator Peggy Noonan suggests that Trump's appeal is that he represents the unprotected - those who suffer due to decisions of the political elites of both parties.

"There are the protected and the unprotected. The protected make public policy, the unprotected live in it. The unprotected are starting to push back, powerfully."

An interesting article... The Rise of the Unprotected

Thoughts, anyone?

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

As a life-long Republican, I'm embarrassed that Trump may be the GOP nominee this year. But if it comes down to him against Hillary, the Donald would clearly be the lesser evil. I'd be holding my nose as I turned in my ballot, but I would never vote for a weasel like Hillary. 

The one good thing that would come out of a Trump presidency is that he's promised, if elected, to prosecute Hillary for her mishandling of secret e-mails and for her granting favors to Clinton Foundation donors. 

Isn't it amazing that in a great country like ours we consistently come up with such poor candidates for president every 4 years? How is this possible? How sad!

Note: This thread is 3111 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!